ORGM Rechambered

Fenris_Wolf

2 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

Holy moley,

This is awesome. You don't need to keep calling it ORGM by the way given the amount of work you're/you've put in.

I'd settle for an honorable mention, if even that.

I can upload it for our steam users, do you have a logo or anything?

No...the name and current logo must stay! :D

I'm only putting the work in because the mod was too awesome to fall into the abyss of abandoned mods.

You're more then welcome to upload it, though until I get this 2.00 version to stable I'll probably be updating every few days (few things left I need to do...speedloaders being one of them).

Once it is though I'll start saving up the changes and tweaks until the next major release.

Smiths turned code monkey? Naw we're a pretty rare breed ^_^

In fairness, I did sorta rename it to ORGM Rechambered, mostly so people don't confuse it with the original version, which has now been rechambered to fire .440 corbon!  But seriously FWRGM just looks funny :P

I know I just put up rc4 yesterday, but when I find bugs I just have to fix them...so....

2.00-beta-rc5 is up.

Fixed revolver reloading bug that occurred when the current cylinder position already had a round in it (would endlessly try to reload)

Fixed Mosin, SKS and M1903 that had their stripper clips listed as the ammo type, making them use the stripper clips as normal magazines

Added 5 round stripper clips to the Lee Enfield No4,  which now correctly uses detachable 10 round magazines and stripper clips

Fixed speedloaders and stripper clip code. Revolvers will use speedloaders first when reloading, then normal rounds.

Same for rifles that use stripperclips.

The Lee Enfield is a special case when reloading:

If a magazine is loaded and has 5 rounds or less left, and a loaded stripper clip is available, it will reload with that.

If no loaded stripper clip is available and a magazine is already inserted, it will eject the magazine.

If no magazine is inserted, it will ignore the stripper clips and insert a fresh mag.

As long as no more bugs turn up, this will probably be the final release candidate before calling 2.00 stable.

EDIT: forgot a change....

Shooting yourself in the head now properly plays the shoot sound. You'll save yourself from infection but summon the horde to your corpse :P

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

12 hours ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

EDIT: forgot a change....

Shooting yourself in the head now properly plays the shoot sound. You'll save yourself from infection but summon the horde to your corpse :P

How does one shoot themselves in the head? This would have been a good feature to know about earlier today in the trailer park near muldraugh... :(

I LOVE this Mod! You really knocked it out of the Park @Fenris_Wolf I just tested it and everything seems to work perfectly. I can only imagine how much time this took you to make. I honestly thank you for your work. This is great! Someone should tell the Devs so they feature this mod in the next Thoursdoid. If I had anything to say in the development of PZ I would integrate your mod into the main game (just change weapons names for legal reasons).
THANK YOU!

I have some ideas for improving this mod:
-Let the Player Charakter say what he/she is doing like "racking a round in" when the player presses x to chamber a round

-give us a keyboard button for a manual saftey if the gun has one

-add a keyboard button for checking if there is a round in the chamber and then let the player charakter say if the gun is ready. I know you can check this by looking in the menu, but a button push would be faster and cooler

-add new hotkeys for "equip sidearm" and "equip longarm" like the ones we already have for equipping blunt/or blade weapons

-"click" sound for playing russian roullette

Edited by Bourbon

13 hours ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

Really looking forward to playing this in multiplayer with my friends and confusing the shit out of them as to why there was a gunshot in the base. Play it off like I'm not infected then bam.

2 hours ago, TheZombiesPro115 said:

The thread still says it's RC4, great mod btw, no idea why more people arent using it.

Thanks, forgot to edit the initial post.  Its actually used by quite a few people, just not as many post on the forums. Its only been 1 week since announcing the rechambered version, and there's been over 160 downloads (from checking the server webserver logs), not including downloads from github.  Even if I assume 60% of those are web crawling bots and people updating versions thats still alot.  ORGM is a popular mod and has been for quite a while.

2 hours ago, TheZombiesPro115 said:

How does one shoot themselves in the head?

Right click on a loaded gun that's in hand.

1 hour ago, Bourbon said:

I can only imagine how much time this took you to make. I honestly thank you for your work. This is great! Someone should tell the Devs so they feature this mod in the next Thoursdoid.

Honestly, not that much, all the icons, models, and firearm statistics we're from ORMntMan's version, so alot of the time and effort was his.  All I've really done recode all the lua, and I tend to code fast when the project interests me.  ORGM has been in the mod spotlight before, its well known to the devs.

-Let the Player Charakter say what he/she is doing like "racking a round in" when the player presses x to chamber a round

Thats kinda noisy when all the text starts flying over the characters head (trust me I use that when testing), especially when rapid firing with automatics.  I may set it as a option later on though.

-give us a keyboard button for a manual saftey if the gun has one

-add a keyboard button for checking if there is a round in the chamber and then let the player charakter say if the gun is ready. I know you can check this by looking in the menu, but a button push would be faster and cooler

-add new hotkeys for "equip sidearm" and "equip longarm" like the ones we already have for equipping blunt/or blade weapons

Hotkeys I want to implement at some point, but it needs to be done in a way that configurable by the player, and not by having to edit the lua files or players connecting to servers will end up with 'lua checksum mismatch'  errors and getting kicked.

-"click" sound for playing russian roullette

Honestly can't believe I missed this one...I could have sworn I had it in there, maybe I accidentally edited it out in one of the versions. But I've been playing all my russian roulette games with automatics lately.

On 11/26/2017 at 9:43 AM, The CEO said:

does the mod come with new 3D models? because the only customized models from the guns I've looted and seen when equipped are:
retextured pistol colors
revolver
retextured black shotgun
sawn-off shotgun
M14
M16
AR-15/M4
FN FAL model

Sorry, your initial post must just have gotten approved as I just got the notification for it. Its only got the ones the original ORGM had. Not all the guns have unique models some get reused in places, but there is quite a few.

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

18 hours ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

As long as no more bugs turn up, this will probably be the final release candidate before calling 2.00 stable.

Apparently I lied...I had one more in me, but its a good one (I'll try to make this the last!).  If I can't find anything to fix in the next 3 days I'll declare it stable so servers can start using it without having to worry about constantly updating....

2.00-beta-rc6 is now up!

Russian roulette now properly plays the click sound when empty. Also fixed a bug where you could play with a single action revolver without the hammer cocked.

Fixed reverse effect that cased shotgun chokes to widen the shot, recoil pads and foregrips causing extra recoil delay.

Adjusted the list of guns that upgrades could be mounted on...more options!

Added empty shell casings! These litter the ground when firing, and should make scrounging the streets looking for the live ammo lost from cleared jams far more difficult.  These can be collected, placed in boxes and canisters just like normal rounds.  I still need better icons for these, and for now they have no practical use until reloading casings is implemented.  Server operators may want to configure their servers to automatically remove these items after a while if map resets are rare.

NOTE: If your upgrading from rc5 or lower, you MUST empty all guns to ensure there's no spent shells in the chamber/cylinders before applying this update or you will run into errors. (sorry, but can't be helped)

Feels like all I did was blink a few times and there's suddenly an ORGM Rechambered. I'm beyond excited to play with this, especially since ORGM has always been at the core of my playthroughs (even after I finally got Hydrocraft lol). I can't think of much else to say but praise, so I'll just make a very short list of my opinions of the shortcomings that the mod has.

1. Suppressors and tactical lasers/lights both take up the same upgrade spot. I'm not too sure if this is intended (or just from a lack of base code to allow another upgrade slot on a gun), but it'd be cool to finally get a suppressor and a tactical light on my pistol so I'm not blind while carrying my second bag :(

2. Is there a way to modify how long it takes to load individual bullets into a magazine? I'm fine with it as is, but my friends that I usually play with find it a tad bit annoying that it takes a really long time to load an entire magazine (especially when we find an M249). I know it should take a fair amount of time, but maybe a way to change the reloading speed would be nice.

That was a shorter list than I thought it would be. When my winter break starts about a month from now, I'm gonna be playing a LOT of PZ, and I might end up finding bugs with this mod considering how much I love messing with things :P so I'm definitely gonna follow this mod, and if I do find any bugs, I'll be sure to report them.

45 minutes ago, iyarkonan said:

1. Suppressors and tactical lasers/lights both take up the same upgrade spot. I'm not too sure if this is intended (or just from a lack of base code to allow another upgrade slot on a gun), but it'd be cool to finally get a suppressor and a tactical light on my pistol so I'm not blind while carrying my second bag

Suppressors aren't actually in the mod. I'm skeptical about adding them due to how much they unbalance the base game. My first mod (unreleased) added suppressors to the vanilla weapons (and a ar-15) and the game just became stupidly easy taking out whole hordes without them even knowing your there. I may add them as a expansion mod later, but it needs to be done properly, guns need a threaded barrel before a suppressor can be attached, need to use subsonic ammo etc.  But yes, the game has a limited number of upgrade slots, lights and lasers take up the same one. Its one of the things that bugs me as well. 

I've been contemplating adding a feature to allow for combining upgrades (like folding stocks and slings, lights and lasers etc) but it will have to wait til a future release.

45 minutes ago, iyarkonan said:

2. Is there a way to modify how long it takes to load individual bullets into a magazine? I'm fine with it as is, but my friends that I usually play with find it a tad bit annoying that it takes a really long time to load an entire magazine (especially when we find an M249). I know it should take a fair amount of time, but maybe a way to change the reloading speed would be nice.

That M249 is a nightmare to reload! That gun is exclusively the whole reason I added a context menu for server admins to instantly reload a magazine.  Without editing the files, the best way is to level up your reloading skill. I keep a pistol equipped while walking, with my finger holding down the R key...constantly ejecting and inserting magazines to get the xp ^_^

But, if you want to edit the file to decrease the time, its in media/lua/shared/ORGMWeaponData.lua. Look for the ORGMMasterMagTable (it starts at line 336 in the lastest version)

ORGMMasterMagTable = {
    ["AIAW308Mag"] =        { data = { ammoType = 'Ammo_308Winchester',     maxCapacity = 5,    }, },
    ["AKMMag"] =            { data = { ammoType = 'Ammo_762x39mm',          maxCapacity = 30,   }, },
    ["AM180Mag"] =          { data = { ammoType = 'Ammo_22LR',              maxCapacity = 177,  }, },
    ["AR10Mag"] =           { data = { ammoType = 'Ammo_762x51mm',          maxCapacity = 20,   }, },
    ["AutomagVMag"] =       { data = { ammoType = 'Ammo_50AE',              maxCapacity = 5,    }, },
    ["BBPistolMag"] =       { data = { ammoType = 'Ammo_117BB',             maxCapacity = 35,   reloadTime = 5, }, },
    ["Ber92Mag"] =          { data = { ammoType = 'Ammo_9x19mm',            maxCapacity = 15,   }, },
}

For magazines that don't have a reloadTime entry, it defaults to 30. You can add a new time to any magazine you want. If you want to edit the default time, goto line 1130:

if data.reloadTime == nil then data.reloadTime = 30 end

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

23 hours ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

until reloading casings is implemented

I worked on a mod called "Handloading Mod" It was a rework of Rausheims Handloading mod. Its on the Steam Workshop. If you want I can send you the files so you can use it for reference when working on your handloading stuff. If you think that my shitty script would be of any use to you.

Ah thanks, I've already got details and most of the code in my head already though.  Just need to take the time to write it down.

I mostly wanted those casings in there before calling 2.00 stable since Man_In_The_Purple_Hat wanted to work on Hydrocraft/ORGM ammo crafting compatibility, so figured it was better to get them in now.

On 11/29/2017 at 11:47 AM, Fenris_Wolf said:

NOTE: If your upgrading from rc5 or lower, you MUST empty all guns to ensure there's no spent shells in the chamber/cylinders before applying this update or you will run into errors. (sorry, but can't be helped)

I've never fired any of my guns, do I still have to unload them? Guns are too loud for regular use so I just horde them for those a horde just showed up at my doorstep moments

On 11/29/2017 at 3:17 PM, Fenris_Wolf said:

Suppressors aren't actually in the mod. I'm skeptical about adding them due to how much they unbalance the base game. My first mod (unreleased) added suppressors to the vanilla weapons (and a ar-15) and the game just became stupidly easy taking out whole hordes without them even knowing your there. I may add them as a expansion mod later, but it needs to be done properly, guns need a threaded barrel before a suppressor can be attached, need to use subsonic ammo etc.  But yes, the game has a limited number of upgrade slots, lights and lasers take up the same one. Its one of the things that bugs me as well. 

I've been contemplating adding a feature to allow for combining upgrades (like folding stocks and slings, lights and lasers etc) but it will have to wait til a future release.

Suppressors should be like how they are in real life for this reason, you can easily hear a suppressed gunshot from 5 or maybe even 10 houses down, they're still pretty loud even with subsonic ammo. Hence why they're called suppressors, not silencers.

But a wet suppressor on the other hand, especially if your only shooting .22lr, now that is real silent, unless your mowing down a horde, in which case the heat from sustained fire dries out the suppressor n it gets pretty loud again. Ultimately we do need suppressors in the mod to balance out the loudness of guns, but your right, it's gotta get done right in order to balance out the quietness they would add.

I've also got 2 bugs to report, when reloading a beretta 92 magizine if I was to start reloading one, and then right click on another and hover over the reload button, as soon as I right clicked bullets would stop going into the magazine I was currently reloading but I was still doing the act of reloading the magizine and the bullets were still getting deleted from my inventory, I was doing this with 2x speed active. Lost about 30 9mm bullets to this glitch, not a big deal.

I also found a fucking BB gun for all those BB's I've been picking up for god knows what reason, and when I took the thing home n tried to shove ammo in it the game told me error n just refused to reload the gun, so I'll be attaching a screenshot of the cmd window which also includes the gun and magizine I was trying to reload.

image.thumb.png.387e89b672631728f0c09445ff44abc2.png

Edited by TheZombiesPro115
There's no need to balance weapon spawns or add gun safes, the guns don't do jack shit anyways. Better off with a katana or an axe then an AKM.

Well, I just tried picking a gunfight on the helicopter night n I gotta say, guns are underpowered, like, way way way underpowered! How do I manage to miss a horde that huge? Literally the bullet would have to leave the gun going backward or to the left or right, like 300 zed right infront of him n the bullet manages to wizz past all of them. The very rare times that a bullet would hit, like, once in every 30 shots, the zombie just gets back up after! a 12 gauge blast with the barrel just inches from your face and you just shrug it off, get back up, keep on being a zomboid. This is disappointing as hell, I'm just gonna have to use a katana, there's no way I can try and utilize this vast arsenal of 10's of guns with thousands of rounds of ammo, the zombies can bend the fucking bullet. I call bullnanigans. What's the point of collecting an arsenal if the zombies can just toggle their wanted powers?

4 hours ago, TheZombiesPro115 said:

I've also got 2 bugs to report, when reloading a beretta 92 magizine if I was to start reloading one, and then right click on another and hover over the reload button, as soon as I right clicked bullets would stop going into the magazine I was currently reloading but I was still doing the act of reloading the magizine and the bullets were still getting deleted from my inventory, I was doing this with 2x speed active. Lost about 30 9mm bullets to this glitch, not a big deal.

I also found a fucking BB gun for all those BB's I've been picking up for god knows what reason, and when I took the thing home n tried to shove ammo in it the game told me error n just refused to reload the gun, so I'll be attaching a screenshot of the cmd window which also includes the gun and magizine I was trying to reload.

Thanks, It actually occurred to me last night I hadn't properly tested the BB.

1 hour ago, TheZombiesPro115 said:

Literally the bullet would have to leave the gun going backward or to the left or right, like 300 zed right infront of him n the bullet manages to wizz past all of them. The very rare times that a bullet would hit, like, once in every 30 shots, the zombie just gets back up after!

I'm assuming you had 0 in aiming skill, because they can actually be quite effective once you start leveling it. Your panic level also greatly effects your ability to aim. Its the same with using the guns from the base game.  For this reason I prefer to start with the Veteran profession, never panics and starts off with aiming skill.  Stick to using shotguns with buckshot at first, ammo is plentiful, and its going to have better odds of hitting.  But don't expect stellar results until after you start leveling aiming.

I will be taking a look at rebalancing the skill required later, Its one of the things thats been on my todo list

Edit: I just tested that reloading glitch of lost ammo, It appears that this is a bug in the game, not the mod. I've tested both with and without the mod loaded, and the problem persists in both. I'll see if I can find exactly where the issue is being caused and try and implement a fix, but really that one is up to the devs.

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

2.00-stable is up!

Fixed BBPistol mag reloading bug (introduced in rc2)

Russian Roulette boredom curing has been properly adjusted, and now causes panic. All you hardcore adrenaline junkies can now play a quick game of RR before going out for your morning jog for the extra speed boost.

I realize I said I'd wait 3 days before calling it stable, but I been thinking hard about the future of ORGM and if I have to wait another day I'm going to start messing with it again, and servers will have a hard time ensuring the players have the same version!
Before I start tossing my ideas around about whats next, something very important needs to be done...a list of thanks!

All the people that have shown support for the Rechambered version.  The people testing, commenting on the forums, reacting to posts, simply taking the time to read, or silently downloading the mod (an outstanding 250 hits in just 10 days!).  This is the stuff that keeps a coder motivated to continue working on a project.

The PZ dev team. That shoutout in yesterdays weekly news was entirely unexpected. I was actually working on my own lua based roguelike zombie survival game when I discovered PZ, and much to my shock 90% of the stuff I was implementing was already here! Great job on reading my mind, I'll forgive you for missing the last 10%, and for you using java (though that last one is hard...I...hate...java).
But you all suck for making me toss months of ideas, careful planning, and code in the recycle bin. I'm kidding of course, you all rock! keep it up!  I get to play the game I wanted, and I didn't have to code the damn thing myself! ^_^

All the people who supported and helped ORMntMan along the way, providing icons, models, coding help and everything else. You all helped make ORGM what it is today.
Most importantly ORMntMan himself, who's simple idea has brought countless smiles to the faces of zombie killing gun nuts everywhere.  I hope the new parenthood job is treating you well, and some advice from someone who's raised 3 so far:
Don't teach them to walk! You'll spend years chasing after them if you do....

3 minutes ago, Khaos said:

I'm confused, so has work now finished or is it ongoing?

Oh its defiantly ongoing. I'm still messing with it and editing right now.

But the continual daily updates in the initial post won't be.  The new lua framework is in place, and seems pretty much bug free. There needs to be some sort of stable version to ensure players and servers are all working with the same files or its just going to cause confusion.

I will be updating the development version on the github page constantly, and will be trying very hard not to break things as I update there, and will defiantly be posting about updates and such.  If your playing solo, or just with some friends and want the latest version with any new features I've packed in, then the github page would be the place to get it, though you'd have to make sure all your friends are playing with the same files since the github version will be constantly changing.

42 minutes ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

Oh its defiantly ongoing. I'm still messing with it and editing right now.

But the continual daily updates in the initial post won't be.  The new lua framework is in place, and seems pretty much bug free. There needs to be some sort of stable version to ensure players and servers are all working with the same files or its just going to cause confusion.

I will be updating the development version on the github page constantly, and will be trying very hard not to break things as I update there, and will defiantly be posting about updates and such.  If your playing solo, or just with some friends and want the latest version with any new features I've packed in, then the github page would be the place to get it, though you'd have to make sure all your friends are playing with the same files since the github version will be constantly changing.

Awesome, since it's gone to the new version I've been trying to work out how to do the in-built server host and use the mod but it seem's Zomboid's in-built host function (Which I believe is tied in with Steam) won't load the mod if it's not on Workshop. Would I have permission to privately/hide upload (so it wouldn't be the official release) to the Workshop? Unless @ORMtnMan has updated the original one.

1 minute ago, Khaos said:

(Which I believe is tied in with Steam) won't load the mod if it's not on Workshop. Would I have permission to privately/hide upload (so it wouldn't be the official release) to the Workshop? Unless @ORMtnMan has updated the original one.

Thats nuts, and annoying (thanks for giving me 1 more reason not to buy from steam!),  and of course! He hasn't updated it yet, and it maybe several days or more til he does.