game unplayable on new pc

Livio Persemprio

Question

hello, i really need some help ;_;
i've been playing zomboid on my pc for a couple of years on a win 10 with nvidia 780 ti and dual core 64 bit intel i5 processor with 3.4 ghz, 8gb ram everything was amazing there

now i switched to a new one, which is intel i7 6700k with 4.0 ghz, 32 gb ram and nvidia gtx 970.

i've tried both the stable build and latest vehicle build (v 26) and both runs awfully.

generally loading up taked twice as much, and on the screen "click to start" if i click more than once i crash.

once in the game, i get about 15 fps no matter the graphic settings, and if i try to input actions quickly, like running, zooming in or out or anything i freeze for a couple of seconds.

additionally, in the vehicle build, if i get in a car and start running i activate the "granpa's on wheels" mode, where my car's max speed is stuck at like 5mph - 10kmh. i've tried this in steam co op as well and my friend could go sonic fast while i still could only go snail mode.

plz halp ;_; let me know what kind of details more i can provide to help the troubleshooting

15 answers to this question

1 hour ago, UterusMaximus said:

Maybe it is Java what is causing problems?

No clue, where should I look?

20 minutes ago, Watermel0wned said:

Does it look like this?

Because that is what its like on my system, which is very similar to yours.
Happened a few builds ago and I have no idea what causes it and how to fix it.

YES! exactly the same, constant freezing and handling the car as if I forgot the hand brake on. thanks, with this video it's way easier to understand what's the issue with a quick glance. Still bugged like that for you? The good new is that the fix for one will probably work for the other as well

Unfortunately my game is still lagging like this. Disabling multi core in the options did help a bit but after 1hour the freezes come back again. It is related to the vehicles though, because on the standard iwbums build I don't have these issues. Cant recall when exactly it started but on the first few car builds I had no issues. Hopefully this gets sorted out soon, because if it stays like this the game is unplayable.

Hey! We're doing some stuff behind the scenes that we hope will make a big difference to performance. We know the vehicle build has taken a big hit. However its weird that you'd get poor performance on the stable build. Can you post a more complete spec and list of your pc? Perhaps dxdiag results? Sorry on phone so can't do instructions. Google if you don't know. Cheers!

i google a bit and managed to do the dxdiag easily, though i'm not sure i've found the complete specs you asked, that's what i got

kY7rXNs.png

aHLvI1f.png

worth mentioning also that i have no mods active as far as i can see

i've also posted the logs of both vehicles and main builds

let me know anything else i can do to help ^^

vehicles log.txt

DxDiag.txt

main build logs.txt

3 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

So you're getting exactly the same performance on vehicles as you did in November?

Sadly, yes. i'm starting to think something is bottlenecking the pc because even the main build stutters like crazy, but other heavier games play just fine. I just tried on my gf notebook and it works almost fine there. Based on your datas, it should work fine with my specs? The optimizations were quite evident on the laptop compared to a couple of months ago

Archived