AIZ2 stuttering with 38.x

LeetgamerBoi

Question

It seems that the game's latest update tree, 38.x, has caused there to be a strange stuttering error with the All in zomboid map pack :/     
With this map pack and potentially others, every once in a while there will be an extremely noticeable stutter.     

One of the issues people have been getting during said stutters was "1510861881538 fmod: Java_fmod_javafmodJNI_FMOD_1Sound_1GetData:3930 JNI_FMOD_Sound_GetData correct buffer"        
That mean anything to you?       
It's rather sad if map mods flat out won't work anymore without severe performance issues, because stutters like these make the game unplayable when fighting Zombies. Go to jawstab and then right as you're about to perform it, the game stutters, and poof, bitten :-(      

From what i'm reading it has to do with a LoadGridsquare event, which many other mods seem to do...    
Thoughts?

1 answer to this question

We had this issue on our server. We still do to some extent, however they addressed at least part of the issue in the last update. We have been too scared to go back to the map mod as of yet as it essentially killed our entire map for a week until the update was pushed. 

The mod dev however has also been following the issue and I believe they are going to be contacting the Devs and possibly working with them on this issue.... or not. I mean, I was talking to the map dev awhile backing during this issue and heavily suggested they do so. 

Archived