Autopsy Report

ShylokVakarian

Whaddya think?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Whaddya think?

• I love it! All of it, including the suggestion to make you the person doing the autopsy.
    • I like it! But I don't want you to be the person doing the autopsy. Shameful attempt to get into the game.
    • I have some issues with it, but it seems like an interesting feature.
    • I don't really care. (Then why are you voting?) Because I can.
    • I don't like it. Too much effort.
    • I don't even like the concept of it. Who in their right minds is performing an autopsy in the middle of a zombie apocalypse?

As some of you may know, I do statistical studies for this game.  My first study, Causes of Death (Build 34), was extremely popular, ending with an astounding 298 responses.  But there were a lot of design flaws, like how the Time Survived question was set up (this has since been fixed twice now).  Two design flaws I particularly don't like are how players need to pay close attention in order to determine their own causes of death and answer other important questions like what moodles did you have.

In order to make the lives of my volunteers (and well as my own life) less complicated, and for the purposes of FUN!, I suggest an autopsy report system.  The system would be opt-in via button press on the death screen, and would display information about the character in question, as a sort of record of their lives.  This would include things like:

• Name
  • Traits
  • How long they survived after Event Zero (potentially in both y/m/d/h format and converted to hours, to make things even easier for me)
  • What they were wearing
  • How much they were carrying (in Zomboid Pounds)
  • What they were carrying
  • What they had equipped
  • Their physical and mental state (i.e. their moodles)
  • What injuries they had
  • What (mundane) infections they had
  • Whether they were infected with zombiism, for how long, and how far it progressed before death
  • How the body was found, and what that suggests as to how they died (i.e. what the player was doing at the time of death)
  • And finally, the Cause of Death

Finding the Cause of Death won't be easy from a programming standpoint, but I'm certain that it can be done.  Obviously, suicide can't be counted as a Cause of Death, and I'll need to adjust my next version of the survey accordingly (won't be too hard to do), but the rest of the death types will certainly be implementable, including chugging bleach.  This report should also be saveable as a PDF, because why not?

And finally, if this does get in, I would really like it if I were the doctor performing the autopsy, i.e. have the report signed by "Dr. Vakarian, Necroautomaton Biologist".

Edited by ShylokVakarian