Rain protection

MrTrololo

Umbrella-carried in one hand-character become wet slower than normal

Rain suit-rain coat,rain hat-works like umbrella and if suit and umbrella are used together effect of protection from wettnes will stack,and because it's waterproof rain suit could also protect wounded character from infected blood

Edited by MrTrololo

• 2 weeks later...

I had the exact same idea, knew someone else would have had to have suggested it.

I also agree the umbrella should be equipped primary of secondary to work, and ideally they shouldn't be that easy to find.

You could even have different coat variations with different quality of waterproofness, like the electronics (valu-tech, premium technologies, tactical etc.)

Maybe have a flimsy rain mac, then a normal waterproof, then an explorer's coat (very waterproof).

The same can be done with umbrellas: folding umbrella, golf brolly, expensive brolly (with durability increasing with quality and weight)

Normal coat variations could include:

- Winter Coat (some waterproofness, makes the character hot in summer)

- Ski Jacket (more waterproof but makes character more hot)

- Hi visibility jacket (waterproof, warm but more visible to zombies)

- Fashionable coat (you know what i mean: looks nice but no waterproof qualities at all and barely any warmth offered, but looks dapper)

- Any others you think would be good

If raincoats become wet, and drying is added, the game could go broader: Clothes worn by the player should also become wet in the rain.

Maybe have a wetness bar that fills up (which would also replace the towel duration bar).

Hanging items over chairs could dry them, or hanging them on a washing line... but I suspect this is where the idea starts to get complicated.

Where can you hang clothes? We'll need sprite animations like adding a sheet over a window. Ideally the sprite should match the item e.g. a vest should look like a vest hung over a chair, pants should look like pants, etc.

Or you could just keep it simple and keep the current system, and just have 'waterproof' items slow the rate of wetting when you're outside.. Then add in as many or as few raincoat and coat types as you like.

This must have crossed the devs' minds at some point!