Building block too much stuff

sadpickle

I couldn't find a thread on this browsing the general and I don't really know what to search for. I could only find one post in a post about Build Releases so I'll make this thread.

I've started playing again since the introduction of buildings that don't disappear when you glance in their direction, ie the elimination of x-ray vision. And while it's a good idea and is helping the world look a lot more interesting, it's also extremely aggravating. As it stands there are several issues and areas where it outright fails. All pictures are in downtown WP. They should be fairly self-explanatory. Assuming they upload in the order I see them right now, the first two are examples of the vision "occlusion" failing to take in to account complicated roof shapes, or that I'm inside a building but my vision is totally blocked by another nearby building (go to doctors office in WP and just try to navigate the bottom-right rooms). The last two show how rounding a corner can easily result in aggroing a large group.

I'm not sure these are really bugs per-se, but the system needs serious refinement. At the very least, zeds in the player's LOS need to be highlighted or otherwise displayed when blocked by a building. If I'm being totally honest I would go back to x-ray if that were an option, since it's causing serious playability issues.

20171109183013_1.jpg

20171108144948_1.jpg

20171109181406_1.jpg

20171109181409_1.jpg

Archived