Vehicle Build Force Close (Java-related?) and Possible Save Corruption

friendforafoe

Question

This is a copy and paste job from the Steam forums of an issue I'm having (apologies if I'm in the incorrect forum or I'm doing this wrong ... I'm new here). Copy and paste in quotes, additional info afterwards:

Post 1 (vehicle build 25):

"While I know the vehicle builds are experimental and bugs and crashes are inherent, I noticed this particular build (Steam Vehicle Build 25) seemingly crashes for no apparent reason. Issues started attempting to transfer a save from the previous vehicle build where it would just crash to the desktop. I started a new save and all was well for time until I had it freeze one time while transferring inventory items around and then it force closed. 

I reloaded the most recent saved state which was a few minutes prior and a large portion of my inventory had disappeared. Thinking it was an earlier save state, I went to some houses I previously had looted and discovered the items that were previously there were already "looted", but they were not located in any of my inventory and based on the in-game time as well as my save time, all the loot I had collected or had discovered from my last session just vanished into the ether. 

I continued playing regardless and had the game force close on me several times since when I was just running around with no real zombies anywhere (i.e. my system wasn't being taxed in any sort of way). Upon immediate reload several times, any items I had snagged between the start of my last reload and crash session vanish yet my physical position and the time in-game upon restarting was the same spot."

Post 2 (Vehicle build 25.1):

"While I typed the previous post up, there was the small update (vehicle build 25.1). I downloaded, installed, went to load my last save, booted up no problem, save state was where it was at last crash. Started roaming about for about 30sec, immediately force closed again."

Additional Info:

As far as the inventory issue upon reload, this is inconsistent as sometimes the inventory is fine, but the force closing has happened multiple times (about 5 times so far today) since the update this morning and I'm losing track of what items are lost each time if any. I've attached the console.txt file as well the most recent hs_err file (refers to a fatal error in the Java run-time environment so not sure if related). The forced close/crash seems to happen more when sprinting around the map, but that may be the placebo effect as it happened when walking and when sneaking. If you need any additional info, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

hs_err_pid7976.log

console.txt

2 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

If you get a second could you possibly zip up your initial savefile and put it somewhere that @RobertJohnson can access? If we take a look at its guts we can work out what's gone wrong. Thanks for the reports :)

I've zipped and uploaded to my Dropbox (apologies if this is the incorrect file). Available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwr83wizo57xrbg/08-11-2017_09-06-47.zip?dl=0

Archived