Better looking storage areas/crates idea

Neutz

I thought id put this here just as a suggestion as well. I made these for my map but i think they make certain storage areas alot better than just piles of wooden crates. This is a supermarket for Eg.

These pallets appear full when they have loot on them and empty when no loot just like normal store shelves, It wouldn't take much to implement and its only a small idea but it looks alot nicer and more immersive than a huge pile of huge wooden crates :)

Hopefully something similar can be done for the vanilla map.

2jbvcip.jpg

Edited by Neutz

this will help a lot to the aesthetics at least the stores will not look so boring, give them variety according to the type of objects that you have inside, this kind of ideas should not be ignored by the developers I have already seen many good ideas regarding the aesthetics of the environments and this is something vital.

I would really love something that can compete with 3 vertical crates in storage space (65x3 for me) and allow me see my character between rows (i.e not being higher than PC).

This idea can just make it happen I think.

1 hour ago, sadpickle said:

It looks good. Based on a video that was posted in another thread, I think the correlation between what is on the pallet vs. what is shown might need some work. But the idea is sound and adds a lot to the game.

Sadly the game doesn't work like that currently. The best you could do is create different ones. E.g. food ones, tool ones, guns etc and have them in appropriate areas.

Would be great to see shelves and other storage objects changing their look along with their contents. They already "react" to its mass (can be empty/half filled/full), and items have their categories. Maybe it's some work, but I can't miss opportunity to voice against kitchens full of books.