Mapping of the Dead

Gammlernoob

Hello PZ-Community

So as I understand we will get the Map-Editor pretty pretty soon (when WP gets released which will be very likely in the next few days). I think the Community-created maps will be a very interesting and important aspect of the game, so what are your plans ? What are you going to create first ? Do you have big plans maybe a few could work on ?

And for the Devs , do you plan to add something like a little tutorial to explain the basics for it( if its comlexe) ?

My first project is probably my RL surrounding , which is near collonge in Germany. I would love to expand it as much as possible and connect it maybe with other community created maps , that are located in a germany.

For the Challenge mode i want to add a map that is a PZ-version of the Call of Duty Zombie Map "Kino der Toten".

And my last idea/plan would be a map with locations of the well-known Tv-Series "The Walking Dead".

This are just some of my ideas, but i am very exited for the upcoming Community maps and would love to join group-map-projects :D

Dont be shy , just tell :D any crazy idea is welcomed :D

Might make Melbourne city, it's got some good residential zones and high rise buildings all relatively close to one another. Although in order to do that I'd first have to wait for salt water to become a thing. Can't make the bay without the correct water, after all if I make it normal water people can just go to the bay for a drink xD.

If the software isn't too hard to use (if it's like say COH world builder) I'd be very down to join a group map project.

It'd work best if you assigned one person to making all the buildings and roads and warehouses etc. and another person to detailing everything.

It'd be cool, and I've always been interested in map design though the only game I've ever done it (somewhat) successfully for is Company of Heroes.

What would TIS do about low-density and low-population areas in terms of zombie spawning and density?

AFAIK you define the initial zombie density for an area with a greyscale image where brightness indicates the zombie population for that area.

I've done terrain creation in ArmA 2. Nothing, and I mean nothing, could ever be more difficult or as convoluted as that process is. I think once the tools are released, I may do up the general area around my house. (Not much out here. TN farming country)

Having used the previous incarnation of TileZed and also the Arma 2 tools, I can assure you that TileZed is miles above in usability and general sanity. Normal people can grasp the basics pretty quickly. Contrast to Visitor 2, where even someone fairly well informed can't even manage to import a basic terrain heightmap without starting to feel their sanity draining...

I've done terrain creation in ArmA 2. Nothing, and I mean nothing, could ever be more difficult or as convoluted as that process is. I think once the tools are released, I may do up the general area around my house. (Not much out here. TN farming country)

Having used the previous incarnation of TileZed and also the Arma 2 tools, I can assure you that TileZed is miles above in usability and general sanity. Normal people can grasp the basics pretty quickly. Contrast to Visitor 2, where even someone fairly well informed can't even manage to import a basic terrain heightmap without starting to feel their sanity draining...

Holy shit another survivor of the Visitor holocaust.  (clyde)  (We're up to Visitor 3 by now. Not too much of an upgrade thought. We're all desperately hoping for V4 to be dumbed down and released to us for ArmA 3.)    (I've currently got a 120x120km terrain on standby. My sanity fled like 14 months back.)

"If the software isn't too hard to use..."

Yeah, I'm quite a dead brained moron when it comes to these things so I hope mapping is easy enough for me. I wouldn't mind making a walking dead themed map.

Considering the AI, smoothering etc... Maybe a neighborhood would take about 1 and a half days ,24h in the computer...

• 5 weeks later...

I think we need something immense: large mall, amusement park, high rise, sprawling industrial complex (paper mill, chemical plant), hospital.

The other part would like to see part of a military base and maybe one that is NOT in good shape.  One that WAS in good shape until the hordes came a knocking.  Guard shack with a ruined gate with a welcome center near the front, housing, billets and company areas, motor pools and finally training areas.

If I was going to pick an "area" to do, then Anniston, AL or White Sands, NM come to mind.  Why?  Chemical demilitarization facilities.  Gives a good reason for the why the plague started in the first place.