[It's back!] Wed 15th Nov! IWBUMS Megatest III: The Return!

Batsphinx

Server host bug now fixed! Ready to rock and roll again!

--------------------------

We've got a big patch ready to roll out for Build 38, but would like it to get a little more direct community testing. As such: would you like to have a quick MP game of PZ on this coming Wednesday?

As such this Wed 15th November at 7pm GMT (8pm CET, 3pm ET) we will be running a test IWBUMS server. Anyone willing to jump on and play the game for an hour will AGAIN get a free Project Zomboid code to give to a friend/enemy/close family relation.

All we need is for you to be running around on the server for an hour or so, and it’ll probably be quite a fun escapade.

To properly emulate a normal live PZ server we will be capping the number of participants at 50. When the test is over, however, we will open the server a little wider.

This does mean, however, that there will only be 50 Steam codes up for grabs for those initial testers.

The fifty people who are online one hour after the event start (so an exact moment around/about 8pm GMT) will be given a free PZ Steam code upon PM-ing an organiser with:

• The Steam ID number they were playing with.
  • An in-game screenshot of the player scoreboard with your Steam account / character name visible. (Press ESC -> Players)

No free codes will be handed out beyond this set time at/around 8pm BST.

SERVER DETAILS:

The test server will be turned at some point before the testing begins. Just switch over to the IWBUMS build and find "IWBUMS Multi-Mega Test Three" on the server list to get there.

IMPORTANT INFO WE NEED:

• Once you install the IWBUMS build, if coming from the current stable build, can you please check for us that your existing SP save has been converted safely and securely. Please look for SP weirdness, as well as playing with us in the Megatest.
  • Please report anything you see that seems weird/wrong/buggy in our Bug Tracker, in either SP or the MP event.

Changelog and IWBUMS instructions for anyone that needs it: https://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/1483232961046549790/

Name: IWBUMS MEGATEST III: THE RETURN
IP: 142.44.139.43

Server is now up and will likely remain up for the next four days.  Otherwise, testing is as scheduled in the leading post. Everyone will be kicked just before the testing hour begins, just to give everyone a fairer chance of getting in and getting a key.

1 minute ago, trombonaught said:

Hmm unable to join... "Client version (38.27) does not match server version (38.22)."

I saw 27/200 people in though. Should I be on a different branch? Currently iwbums.

PS- Please send help! Really hoping to get in on this one!

5a0337c576c72_ScreenShot2017-11-08at8_58_05AM.png.d7f0e44e867b17733388ed9dc4abaee7.png

There was never 27 players on as far as I know - are you sure you were connecting to the right server?

Just now, trombonaught said:

Hmm unable to join... "Client version (38.27) does not match server version (38.22)."

I saw 27/200 people in though. Should I be on a different branch? Currently iwbums.

PS- Please send help! Really hoping to get in on this one!

5a0337c576c72_ScreenShot2017-11-08at8_58_05AM.png.d7f0e44e867b17733388ed9dc4abaee7.png

You are trying to connect with old IP c;

8 minutes ago, Spazmatic said:

You are trying to connect with old IP c;

8 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

There was never 27 players on as far as I know - are you sure you were connecting to the right server?

Thanks guys... not sure what I did because now I have an unrelated problem...

Can't find the server in the list. Likely chose the wrong one before.

Anything special about finding this server? Tried manual and filter search, nothing came up.

I seem to have problem too, cant see server in the server list, when i tried to do direct connect over IP, i just get red box in lower right corner with a number on it, i suppose number shows number of tries.

Anyone has similar issue?