Screenshots wanted for magazine article

Mallo

Hello everyone.

I'm planning a Project Zomboid piece in a future issue of my magazine, Practical Visual Nihilism (see below for more info). Unfortunately, my friend who is writing the piece (he having put many more hours into the game than me), went and lost his saves in a laptop failure recently, so he has no screenshots to give me.

I spoke to Will Porter at TIS and he suggested I post something on here.

What I'm looking for are the most amazing examples of carnage, building and planning prowess, impossible odds, and/or anything else that looks amazing or funny.

I will only use a few of the very best shots on the actual article, and those will probably be "zoomed-in" (ie. not of the full screen). I'll also be looking for graphical elements I can use as "cut-outs" to give the page design some frisson!

So, if anyone fancies contributing stuff for consideration: please let me know. Send me links to your screenshots, or drop me a PM or email me if you fancy getting involved. I will credit the contributors, of course.

Ideally the screenshots should be uncompressed (PNG rather than JPG) as compression can distort the pixels.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. :-)

Regards,

Paul Mallinson

Practical Visual Nihilism
paul@mallo.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/practicalvisualnihilism/
https://twitter.com/Malloid
https://twitter.com/visualnihilism

PVN-issue-2-1-cover-1.jpg

PVN-issue-2-2-intro-1.jpg

PVN-issue-2-9-magic-circle-2.jpg

PVN-issue-2-10-splatoon-2-1.jpg

Thanks TheLeonBM. They are pretty good! I will add them to my possibles list.

PS. There's an option in Steam to save an uncompressed version, as well as the usual JPG. Being a screenshot addict I have this switched on all the time. :-) 

save-uncompressed-1.jpg

34 minutes ago, Mallo said:

Thanks TheLeonBM. They are pretty good! I will add them to my possibles list.

PS. There's an option in Steam to save an uncompressed version, as well as the usual JPG. Being a screenshot addict I have this switched on all the time. :-) 

save-uncompressed-1.jpg

oh nice! I never bothered to look if there was any options to do this. Great, thanks! :-D

Just my advice for anyone posting here, try to get some of the cars in the screenshot, since they are pretty new and they'd look cool. Cars in PZ are atm still a work in progress but they've been given a lot since they were first brought in PZ 4-5 months ago. I don't have screenshots sadly and they won't look good on my potato pc but a large horde and a car on a road with you inside would look great for anyone willing to put a bit of time into this. Cheers for wanting to talk about PZ, hoping the article will get some people curious about this game!

1 minute ago, Legoland99 said:

Just my advice for anyone posting here, try to get some of the cars in the screenshot, since they are pretty new and they'd look cool. Cars in PZ are atm still a work in progress but they've been given a lot since they were first brought in PZ 4-5 months ago. I don't have screenshots sadly and they won't look good on my potato pc but a large horde and a car on a road with you inside would look great for anyone willing to put a bit of time into this. Cheers for wanting to talk about PZ, hoping the article will get some people curious about this game!

Great idea about the cars, cheers. Yeah, if anyone can get anything like that it would be cool. :-) 

319F55CA6B27A7F4F11080E377CC40D6322D223C

7F19FD97F04765DBD973B2F7C4EECF2B7E874115

Here's me right now in one of the vehicles from the V's Build. I'm running on some of the lowest setting, hence the square shadows and such, since cars are something that the engine running PZ didn't encounter, so there's been a lot of optimization ongoing and from the first time and until now, there's been a ton of progress. You can access a vehicle overview panel in which you can un/install parts of the vehicle, check for damage, gas, battery, tire inflation and so on. Quite a lot but each update ties it more with reality. Hope this helps, even if it's in the lowest of the qualities.

Archived