I'm curious to know about the end result of this project

fiveamtuesday

The original tech demo gave the impression the game would be broken up into a series of scenarios / vignettes, some of which would eventually lead into a sandbox mode. Hopefully that still remains a goal.

It remains quite nebulous as to how this'll take shape in the current game.

I wonder when Project Zomboid is released, are they going to give it a new name for it's release, or it will still be called Project Zomboid, since when this game was first released (greenlit or early access) to me the name "Project Zomboid" sounds like a code name for the game project and maybe not the real name?

Are the story modes no longer planned?

What initially attracted to me was the "Kate and Baldspot" demo. While brief it was very interesting. Taking care of somebody else added a layer of emotion and impact to the game that is presently lacks. Gritty lonely survivalism is still fun, but more ways to play is a good thing.

NPCs will add some of that back I'd imagine, depending on what non adversarial relationships they can have with players, if any.. So yeah - what about the story/campaign mode?

2 hours ago, BoogieMan said:

Are the story modes no longer planned?

What initially attracted to me was the "Kate and Baldspot" demo. While brief it was very interesting. Taking care of somebody else added a layer of emotion and impact to the game that is presently lacks. Gritty lonely survivalism is still fun, but more ways to play is a good thing.

NPCs will add some of that back I'd imagine, depending on what non adversarial relationships they can have with players, if any.. So yeah - what about the story/campaign mode?

I can't find it now but I remember reading a comment discussing how scenarios and stories could emerge from the sandbox by encountering key npcs... not sure if that was a dev post or not, but it'd be an interesting idea that I imagine could likely be modded in after npc release if it's not currently part of the plan.

• 3 weeks later...

One of the great things about PZ is that it has essentially become a creativity toy inside a zombie world in which anyone can build/mod/add almost anything they want to the game. Just look at hydrocraft as an example of some aspects of the game that could come into play. 

There is definitely no shortage of ideas for the game and the fact that the game in constant development has made it a long lasting game with a pretty big cult following these days. As long as it continues to grow and develop then i see no reason for the game to stop development.

Archived