Alternate Game Modes

Brex

So I'm only posting this because I like the idea, I know many of these scenarios are probably too complex to mod into PZ. But I thought I'd share them anyway. 

Tired of zombies? Here are a few alternate game scenarios one could play with in Project Zomboid:

1) Nuclear aftermath. Inspired by things like Jericho and The Day After, this game mode puts you in the middle of a radioactive wasteland that was once Knox County. The commie pinko bastards finally decided to nuke the ol' US of A, and now you're stuck in a hellish landscape struggling to survive. Louisville is a crater and the surrounding areas are full of radiation. Thankfully there are a few hidden bunkers scattered around the farmlands and forests of Knox County, and they may prove to be your only shelter from the apocalypse outside. How long can you survive?

2) The Mist. Inspired by one of my favorite Stephen King novellas and movies, The Mist (and NOT by that piece of shit Spike series). A mysterious mist has spread across Knox County, filled with nightmarish creatures that have a hunger for human flesh. There is no escaping the Mist.  All you can do is pray that the monsters don't get you and that the military can arrive before you do something incredibly stupid like...wait, I can't spoil it, King would kill me. You'll have to watch the movie. 

3) The Purge. It might have been a shitty movie, but it's a pretty fun concept for a video game. For 12 hours, all crime is legal and all emergency services are unavailable. So go murder that sonofabitch that's been sleeping with your wife, or go loot that pharmacy, or burn down the local Spiffo's. Or, if you're noble of heart, you can board up your house and try to survive until 7 AM. Beware, though...the Purgers can smell cowardice. 

4) Non-Zombie Pandemic. Inspired by one of my favorite movies, Contagion. Imagine all the chaos of a zombie apocalypse without the actual zombies. Sure, it sounds boring at first. People start getting sick, the virus spreads across the world, millions die, and so on. But then society starts breaking down. People become desperate. And now you find yourself just as likely to die from a bullet to the head as you are from the pandemic sweeping the globe. A vaccine is being researched, but will you last long enough until then? 

5) The Long Dark. Inspired by the eponymous video game. A geomagnetic storm has wiped out electronic devices across the globe and caused dramatic climate shifts that have plunged most of the Northern Hemisphere into an unending winter. With no power, food is limited. With no heat, freezing to death is a very real possibility. The lights have gone out across the world, and now it's just you and the long dark. 

Feel free to comment or rip me to shreds for how stupid my ideas are. 

• 2 months later...
On 29/10/2017 at 7:13 PM, Brex said:

or burn down the local Spiffo's.

What horrible monster would do such a thing?

I just don't know how some of these would be done. Would "The Purge" be a bunch of NPCs running around with guns and baseball bats?

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...