What was your stupidest death or thing ever done on PZ?

Veromaye

Mine recently was, trying to make a second floor ( I never did it before ) and I didn't knew that I would fall from the stairs to outside the building. 
Broke my leg once.
Later then I managed to know how to put the floor but the stupid ceiling wouldn't let me see the floor inside the house. Broke my other leg trying to go downstairs.
Now i hate the ceiling. 

Your post brought back many memories. When I started getting into carpentry I broke my legs so many times I can't even count them.  I never died from it though.  The stupidest one I guess was one of the first ones: I'd recently started playing so I didn't want to use a map. One morning I decided to leave early to explore new areas around Muldraugh, made a wrong turn in one dirt road and ended up in the forest. I walked for 4 days until I run out of food and water and died of hunger (never made it out of the woods). Some time after I looked at the map and it turns out I was just walking in a rectangle, very close to some houses. If I had just walked straight for some time I would've ran into them.

Climbed over window misclicking the wrong tile, fell 2 stories broke my leg.

Climbed back up sheetrope, managed to misclick again further injuries.

Removed sheetrope and built stairs because I couldn't be trusted.

Ran down stairs, fell off stairs. Injured again.

This happened a few more times too.

2nd dumbest thing was playing on Redboid back when zombie lag was worse (around last December). Every character I spent months playing, died from invisible zombie scratches. 

I feel like PZ needs an OSHA training course before they let you become a carpenter from too many work related injuries.

I'm sorry to bring back those sad memories ):

I never use maps. And that's why I never get into the forest D: 

-

Wait, you can fell off the stairs? O_O 
it never happened to me while running downstairs. 

The invisible zombie scratches made me laugh, sorry haha

I was up on the roof of the largest factory which is located on the North end of the map,  since my car broke down and I was looking for some food. I ended up right next to a horde, and left the engine running as a distraction. Soon enough I found myself in more than a pickle when I got to the roof, followed by a large horde. With no means to escape I jumped from the second story roof to the first one. I didn't break my leg but was on the edge of the first one and then....I SNEEZED. That's the worst that can happen while playing games. And I pressed D, fell down, broke my leg, got eaten alive. Sad story is sad. 

On survival mode, if using cars, gtfo from populated areas and park close to them when looting. Never doing that any time soon.

I was doing the "run around the fire" method for killing large hordes, must've been 200+ there. As they were dying off a meta event brought more to the area, so after a 2nd or 3rd run around, there was one straggler who I couldn't be bothered to wait to burn away, so I usually swing the axe at their head and finish off the lone survivor.. but tired (both IG and IRL) I used a knife, essentially hugging the flaming zed - got severe burns on my neck, torso and groin. Threw a molotov at the strip mall in anger. Died in pain.

Play with fire you gon' get burned.

Wew thanks guys, I don't feel so bad now. 

I think I haven't made a stupid death yet. Unless it counts thinking "Hmm I can kill 5 zombies that are running to me" then two grabbed me and couldn't run away as others started biting me C: 

I Was Expanding the Farmhouse and was replacing the fence with walls on my 3rd story Long Story Short I missed the fence ended up destroying the floor i was standing on breaking my leg and slowly dying making the splint..... 

Built a freaking mansion on the empty place, north from Muldraugh. About month of in-game time, meanwhile living in the small, two-storied white house at the end of town. Day by day, at dawn, running to the building site, coming back at nightfall. Gathered favorite furniture. Moving a fridge alone took me about a day. In about half of building time it became boring as hell, yet I've sticked to it for the sake of future perfect base.

Finally comes the day of moving in, the last thing to do was to bring and install a generator - it could work constantly for half a year with all the gas I've gathered at the start. 

That's how I have discovered that player built houses cannot be electrified. :cry:

Was out on a loot run one time on build 33 I think (when we first were able to move furniture). It was around month 10 or 11 of survival and I was running low on food. I went into a two story house to look for some  and of course being my luck an alarm goes off. my character was already extremely hungry so i said screw it and grabbed EVERYTHING from the kitchen. after grabbing everything there was sooo many zombies trying to get in and were roaming around the house...i was going to be a goner if i didn't act fast. So I ran upstairs and grabbed off the curtains for sheets and made two sheet ropes and locked myself in the upstairs bathroom and then i realized...i had no nails... no way to sheet rope out of the house.

At that point I'm just looking out the window at the 250+ zombies all clustering around the house, I then remembered they had added the furniture disassembling thing in so i tore apart the three cabinets in the bathroom for exactly 4 planks 2 useless pieces of broken wood and some nails or so. My first thought was to board up the door with those nails i got, what a great idea for safety... totally not thinking that i could use the nails for the sheet rope... boarded the door up with all 4 planks then realized i used all the nails and cried for a good thirty minutes at my stupidity.

I decided at this point to just sit it out, I had a bunch of canned food, can opener, filled cooking pots of water from the water left in the sink and toilet and two tiles of a never used bathtub so I would be good for awhile, least till the zombies move on. so I've been sitting in there now from around 11am till 5am the next morning, slept on a chair i grabbed from the bedroom when i grabbed the curtains. when i woke up to a loud gunshot meta-event so I peek outside and still see numerous zombies all around mosh pitting about. then it happens...6am hit and an alarm clock from the bedroom in the room next to me starts ringing its ass off. Oh boy! the zombies were all over the house just like the alarm except now there is even more... a week passes, I'm still in the bathroom...I'm pain from sleeping in a chair non stop, running low on food, i had been rationing but I've run down to 3 cans of vegetables, a can of tuna, 2 bags of chips and a chocolate bar. I figured this may last me 3 to 6 days if i eat half a can a day and 1/2 a bag of chips, least I'm good on water!

As I had predicted 6 days later my foods done, Ive been eating antidepressants to starve off my characters depression and extreme boredom, and stress was through the roof from having to ration my ciggs which have gone from a full pack to just two now. So i figured it was time, the zombies have slowly weened off, there's still around 50 or so by the house but many have left. I un-barricaded the door and crept down stairs,

non in sight... i make a quick walk to the front door, open it and haul ass to across the street just to slow the zombies following me from the front yard down, I open the houses front door, get into the kitchen to the back door and see that the majority of the zombies who were attracted from the alarm i set off were now in this houses back yard... great... then...the alarm at this house goes off... so i grabbed the food out of the kitchen... ran upstairs... locked myself in the bedroom and repeated exactly what i had gone through for almost 2 week prior all over AGAIN... at least the second time it was a master bedroom with a bathroom so i had a bed, more furniture to disassemble and a bookshelf with books and that the PZ gods a pack of cigs were in the trashcan in the kitchen i looted quickly, but I only was in there for 4 days at most since there was no alarm clock going off and no meta events like last time.

I know its not really a story where my character died, but still due to my stupidity of wanting to just loot the kitchen anyways cost me almost 2 weeks. although the second time i had no where to run since there was like 300 in the back yard and the 50 or so who followed me across the street...sigh. The lesson here is, if an alarm goes off...LEAVE. I don't play with alarms anymore... lmao personally I think they should turn off once the power goes out anyways :P hope you enjoyed my pain and suffering! :D

I had a similar occurrence, it was on a MP server and I was with a group of 2-3 other people and we were building a wooden base/fort in the middle of the forest. We figured this would be a good place to be so we are not in the open and we can easily hide (there was PVP enabled on this server) and having 2-3 people (we all worked on the base, I was I think getting wood along with one other, then the other person or two were building) and when we started to build our second story is when everyone in my group started to suffer from the broken limbs.

I broke one of my legs, and just as that was healing... I managed to fall again and break my other leg. I think me and my group both suffered broken legs from trying to build that stupid base, and in the end the character I was playing as gotten bit and died... I did last quite awhile though. Now in PZ, I am deathly afraid of making second story buildings, especially now when I am alone, since before when I fell, my group mate was able to give me the splint and whatnot to help me. 

2qx28i1.jpg

this was an image of that base, one that I could fine in my screenshot folders.

• 3 weeks later...

Only one of worthy mention in this list for me was when i was building a bridge across a river and while building a fence for safety I got spooked by a single zombie - pushed the zombie off the bridge where i still hadn't completed the safety fence and in my laughter at the zombie that just drowned in the water i somehow managed to go for a swim myself. a 600+ day game down the drain... literally!

• 1 month later...

Well I was walking around with my shotgun as you do and then out of a window comes a zombie so I shoot him down like no big deal but to my luck he wasn't dead (found that out when I was trying to loot him) and I got a cut. So I walk to the pharmacy to band aid up (accidently climbed through a broken window) and get two deep wounds and I'm bleeding like mad now so I quickly grab some bandages and sadly bleed out as I'm putting the last one on.

The End

Back when I first started playing, I was filling out the second floor of the northern warehouse in muldraugh. We didn't have a sledgehammer yet, so I built stairs to fill in that back section. I wasn't used to the view yet and ended up walking off of the stairs. I broke my leg very badly and my health started dropping. This was before I learn to carry around a minimum set of medical supplies. My buddy sewed me up and put on a splint, but I ended dying from blood loss. Still not sure what was wrong. Perhaps something was stuck in the wound? It's a frustrating feeling watching your character's health drop knowing you are going to die because you stupidly walked off stairs into open air.

I also remember before the action key was change to not allow you to crawl over a fence if it was on the second level or higher. Lots of broken legs in our group from being slightly turned too far from the sheet rope and watching, in horror, your character jump over a fence into open air. Good times... Good times.

Jail, i was stuck on the roof, zs banging on door, bleeding with few bandages only. I thought about walking of the roof, breaking my leg. Car wasnt far, plus i removed all the zombies from front entrance.

i saw a window, thinking it might be wiser to sneak into that room, but no doors only glass windows, i broke the window and went in. Didnt realise there was no floor, it was one storey drop into cafeteria, with probably 50 zs. Leg broken they quickly stormed me and i died

Two bad deaths ring out in my memory.  The first I had spent a week fortifying the farm house in muldraugh, looting the houses to the South, unbarricading houses/trailers for planks to board it up, looting massive quantities of food and killing around a close to a thousand zed.  I then decided I needed an axe, seeds, sledgehammer and other quality of life items.  So where can I find most of these things?  (Cue Bruce Campbell - Evil Dead). Warehouse.  So I go there and it's swarming on the inside.  I hear them beating on the doors and windows, so I try to open the door on the south side just as a window shatters, well instead of opening the door, my character decides to hop through the broken window into the waiting arms of all the zed.  Didn't have time to jump back out the window, before I was devoured.

Death number two was in the trailer park, I had just started and thought I'd grab a few goodies before heading out, first house I get an alarm I figured I had a few seconds to grab things and run out.  Nope, those things swarmed that trailer faster than a football team wipes out a buffet.

Archived