Is it possible to create a repeating script that spawns hordes and sends them after you? Similar in purpose to a chopper event, but still deadly when in rural areas.

Something like this:

-Set a random countdown timer between 1-28 days

-When the timer runs out, spawn 20 zeds near random player

-trigger noise on said player to send the zeds after them

-add +10 zeds to the next time this event triggers

-repeat

This would help shake up a rural safehouse I have with some friends. I've been using Necroforge to make stuff happen, but it's more fun if I don't know it's coming. It'd be much appreciated if you could help me out or suggest how I could start going about it myself! Zero coding experience...

2 minutes ago, TheLeonBM said:

I use "often" on the chopper setting, "uniform" on the zed distribution and insane on the quantity. That keeps things pretty hectic for me. You'd have to go reaaaaaaaally far into the woods to be safe from that.

Yeah I've tried that, but it's too intense for my MP group. I'm looking for a balance where you can have some peaceful downtime for a few days/weeks, but a big horde could still show up out of nowhere to bust you up.

I'm looking for one of those cinematic moments where despite their best preparations and watchfulness, danger strikes purely for the purpose of plot device.

• 3 months later...
On 28/10/2017 at 3:08 AM, trombonaught said:

Is it possible to create a repeating script that spawns hordes and sends them after you? Similar in purpose to a chopper event, but still deadly when in rural areas.

Something like this:

-Set a random countdown timer between 1-28 days

-When the timer runs out, spawn 20 zeds near random player

-trigger noise on said player to send the zeds after them

-add +10 zeds to the next time this event triggers

-repeat

This would help shake up a rural safehouse I have with some friends. I've been using Necroforge to make stuff happen, but it's more fun if I don't know it's coming. It'd be much appreciated if you could help me out or suggest how I could start going about it myself! Zero coding experience...

That would be REALLY great !

Edited by agreubill