AGAIN! CRAWLERS >:@

Brefe

For tenth time more or less in a very good run, a f*ucking crawler/dragging zombie bite me without completing it's turning... I mean, it goes down, and when facing up and starts to begin dragging, the sound of a bite appear like from nowhere... It's completely ridiculous, annoying, frustrating and everything you could imagine, it's a bug that must be fixed! I'm veeery upset right now... 

Besides that, always thank you for the awesome game

PS: playing 37.14 build... It's not reworked in the last version didn't? 

19 hours ago, Brefe said:

For tenth time more or less in a very good run, a f*ucking crawler/dragging zombie bite me without completing it's turning... I mean, it goes down, and when facing up and starts to begin dragging, the sound of a bite appear like from nowhere... It's completely ridiculous, annoying, frustrating and everything you could imagine, it's a bug that must be fixed! I'm veeery upset right now... 

Besides that, always thank you for the awesome game

PS: playing 37.14 build... It's not reworked in the last version didn't? 

Are you attacking the crawler from the back?  If not...never attack a crawler head on.  

I'm not fighting him, suppose that I'm against 5 zombies, you can put down 3 with a single push right? One of them turns into a crawle.

We have 3 zombies in the ground, 1 should begin to drag... Next, try to push the other 2.

The thing is, meanwhile the next push, the crawler is able to bite you before knowing that it's a crawler... The moment when goes down and begin to drag should be safe...  But no,  they can bite you before being able to run or hit

2 hours ago, Brefe said:

I'm not fighting him, suppose that I'm against 5 zombies, you can put down 3 with a single push right? One of them turns into a crawle.

We have 3 zombies in the ground, 1 should begin to drag... Next, try to push the other 2.

The thing is, meanwhile the next push, the crawler is able to bite you before knowing that it's a crawler... The moment when goes down and begin to drag should be safe...  But no,  they can bite you before being able to run or hit

Never happened to me, 1500 hours in.

Hustle your ass away from grounded zombies when they fall. Don't box yourself in by fighting five zombies at once, you're going to die, crawler or not.

I can kill up to 9 zombies with a spoon without any problem. Did it thousands of times... I have the pushing+kicking really well studied. But dying due to a zombie that bites you from the mere floor without turning? No, that is not cool... 

If you wanna try it, grab a new player in the first week, turn a zombie into crawler and stay close until the time it should turning... You'll see that he will be able to bite in a so fake way 

Well,  crawlers tend to lunge at their victims using their hand and bodyweight to push themselves. I myself have died once because of a bite like that. Just don't use spoons anymore, pressing Space to stomp them is way better. If you wanna kill crawlers, go behind them and press Space several times. Never go front or left/right at them, they, unlike other zombies, can turn around better on each side. So, yeah. Otherwise, I don't think that this is a game problem. 

6 hours ago, Legoland99 said:

Well,  crawlers tend to lunge at their victims using their hand and bodyweight to push themselves. I myself have died once because of a bite like that. Just don't use spoons anymore, pressing Space to stomp them is way better. If you wanna kill crawlers, go behind them and press Space several times. Never go front or left/right at them, they, unlike other zombies, can turn around better on each side. So, yeah. Otherwise, I don't think that this is a game problem. 

I mean that I use the spoon equipped to push 3 zeds, not to hit...  And yeah, I know how to kill them, hit from the back, but this is different, it's a bite gotten from a bad timing programme, nothing else, they should not bite from floor without turning, it's ridiculous 

Try recording, it doesn't seem like any of us know what is properly happening or why it would be happening. Record it, post it on yt and leave a link and then we can note what's been happening. Specs on your pc ? Might be due to lag, been playing the vehicle version ?

Just now, Legoland99 said:

Try recording, it doesn't seem like any of us know what is properly happening or why it would be happening. Record it, post it on yt and leave a link and then we can note what's been happening. Specs on your pc ? Might be due to lag, been playing the vehicle version ?

I don't have internet in my PC to upload, sorry, just vanilla single player gaming, 37.14 build 

The only thing that I can tell you is:

Notice when you approach the crawler and start turning? For some reason, in the middle of that 'event' he can bite.

And once, running from 10 zeds or more, I pass running in front of one already dragging and get an INSTANT scratch... I think that crawlers don't have the second of delay to bite, my felling 

Thank you for all your responses guys

I always end up getting bite/scratched by crawlers popping straight into an attack. I personally blame my play style because I know that it happens but i continue to do the same stupid things that cause it to happen.  But I do find it really annoying! 

I hit a zombie and it drops straight to the ground without staggering backward. It then jumps into an attack the moment it hits the ground.  Normally this is not a problem because i'm moving backwards with my guard-up (ready to swing) and the attack misses or gets blocked. 

If when the zombie falls I take a second swing then I get bite/scratched. 

This normally happens when i'm fighting 3 or more zombies and i don't back up after attacking.

I do think that the crawler attack is too fast and it seems to have a really long range. It does seem odd that the most dangerous zombies is a crawler. It could be nice if there was a brief animation added before the attack or just a slight delay from when a zombies hits the ground before it can attack. 

3 hours ago, Trojan_Turps said:

I always end up getting bite/scratched by crawlers popping straight into an attack. I personally blame my play style because I know that it happens but i continue to do the same stupid things that cause it to happen.  But I do find it really annoying! 

I hit a zombie and it drops straight to the ground without staggering backward. It then jumps into an attack the moment it hits the ground.  Normally this is not a problem because i'm moving backwards with my guard-up (ready to swing) and the attack misses or gets blocked. 

If when the zombie falls I take a second swing then I get bite/scratched. 

This normally happens when i'm fighting 3 or more zombies and i don't back up after attacking.

I do think that the crawler attack is too fast and it seems to have a really long range. It does seem odd that the most dangerous zombies is a crawler. It could be nice if there was a brief animation added before the attack or just a slight delay from when a zombies hits the ground before it can attack. 

That's it, they attack almost instantly, finally someone who passed the same... And I play sort of the same playstile, like I've said, just with a pencil (or any 'weapon') equipped, stomps and kicks, I can kill up to 9... But if one of those turn to 'instant bite' mode without any clue plus falling down fast, I get a super fake and frustrating bite... They should have the same delay to bite or even more...