Vehicle Build: Diffirent livery for vehicles

PriMan

At this moment I do not know how work the principle of using service paintjob at services vehicles, but I want to suggest using a variable number to assign a pattern at the vehicles. For example, I'll take a sample of vehicle liverys from GTA IV and GTA V. This will be useful for optimizing the game.

Now for more details:
In GTA V, we can find vehicles with a variation of numbers on the roofs of patrol cars / taxi / firetruck's. Is that how different textures are applied on one model.

Long time ago I did the LCPD Cruisers for GTA IV and use diffirent livery to make use a one car for ownership to different regions of the city with different textures.

Example: 

• 1. Libery City Polcie Department livery

gallery_53650_1078_18977.jpg.9df6daa91b502bb4f7a80a4097b67e2a.jpg

• Port Tudor Polcie Department livery

gallery_53650_1078_27982.jpg.217a58d6f051366bb94adfb43407dda3.jpg

• Alderney City  State Police livery

gallery_53650_1078_87616.jpg.e0c8c013bd8664d495eda1acf4a2b360.jpg

In exactly the same way, we can use one model for different cities in Project Zomboid by setting the livery binding parameter to the spawn region.

if Muldraugh = "1" then copcar1_livery = "1" - copcar1 at spawn position around Muldraugh spawned with livery 1 (Muldraugh Police Dept.)

West Point = "2" then copcar1_livery = "2" - copcar1 at spawn position around West Point spawned with  livery 2 (West Point Police Dept.)

Valley Station = "3" then copcar1_livery = "3" - copcar1 at spawn position around Valley Station spawned with livery 3 (Valley Station Sheriff Dept.)

Louisville = "4" then copcar1_livery = "4" - copcar1 at spawn position around Louisville spawned with livery 4 (Louisville Sheriff Dept.)

Brandenburg = "5" then copcar1_livery = "5" - copcar1 at spawn position around Brandenburg spawned with livery 5 (Brandenburg Police Dept.)

Fort Knox = "6"  then copcar1_livery = "6" - copcar1 at spawn position around Fort Knox spawned with livery 6 (Fort Knox Sheriff Dept.)

... = "7"  then copcar1_livery = "7" - copcar1 at spawn position around %new city% spawned with livery 7 (%new city%)

... = "8"  then copcar1_livery = "8" - copcar1 at spawn position around %new city% spawned with livery 8 (%new city%)

... etc.

I think this approach will help to bring variety and realism into the game.

Thank you!

Edited by PriMan

Seems like a nice idea, but I'm not sure about the spawning and such and how many different car textures will be made. If a larger city comes out, then adding police car ID numbers would be a bad idea since they'd just repeat themselves over and over again, but I understand what you're saying. If there could be some kind of number texture manager, then sure. Otherwise, I'm not sure how this would be good for the game and the small towns. Still, a good idea for larger populated areas.