Help needed!

JongmesHotfeld

Ok, I just fired on PZ this morning, Doing the usual looting n shit. Then i realised oh the Fridge isn´t working and the Taps are neither. Oh fuck. The shutoff. I started farming like 5-7 days prior, And now all the food i have is My "Preparing for winter" storage. I have 1 full crate of canned foods and such and that isnt even enough for winter Because im still Growing it, and i really REALLY do not want to start eating them before winter. Am i Screwed? Is there anything i can do? I´m a carpenter level 6, No foraging skills, Fishing skills, cooking skills etc.  Any help appreciated, Thanks. - Semi Noob but not really 

57 minutes ago, trombonaught said:

Loot like mad and stockpile all ketchup and mustard. You can get by for a loooong time eating that stuff one spoonful at a time.

PS not sure how noob you are but in case you don't know: when the helicopter comes, run. Abandon everything and come back in 2 weeks.

If the devs did not change that, you can farm during winter by either growing the crops indoor or on a rooftop of a preexisting building. I never had any problems with growing enough fresh stuff to get through winter pretty easily. The only thing you might need for indoor farming is water supply. So get some garbage bags and craft rain water barrels.

4 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

If the devs did not change that, you can farm during winter by either growing the crops indoor or on a rooftop of a preexisting building. I never had any problems with growing enough fresh stuff to get through winter pretty easily. The only thing you might need for indoor farming is water supply. So get some garbage bags and craft rain water barrels.

On the topic of winter, How long does winter last and how are you supposed to last with only Rain barrels? Shit am i going to have to build like a gazillion barrels b4 winter lol? 

4 hours ago, JongmesHotfeld said:

On the topic of winter, How long does winter last and how are you supposed to last with only Rain barrels? Shit am i going to have to build like a gazillion barrels b4 winter lol? 

You can alternatively fill pots with the water and store that instead of having all those barrels. Also might want to locate a well or river near you, load up with a bag of pots, and make regular hauls up from your source.

4 hours ago, JongmesHotfeld said:

If I remember right, winter is Nov-Feb. You actually don't need a lot of them, they refill quickly during winter time. The amount you need depends on the size of your farm. I would say a small one supplies about 6 crops, so 3-4 small or 2 large ones should be enough for a farm which supplies enough food. Another tip is to build a rain barrel on the roof above a sink (not directly the same square but one to the left or right of it) and you will get clean water out of your sink which you can even drink. Crops will also grow with dirty water.

Archived