How The Hell Do I Join A Server?

Thanex

I am trying to branch out and enjoy this game in multiplyer now that i have got to grips with most of the basics..

But when i try and join the server it either tells me its an unknown username, password is required or failed to connect..

I am a steam user and i cannot work it out..

please help

On 22.10.2017 at 2:17 PM, Thanex said:

I am trying to branch out and enjoy this game in multiplyer now that i have got to grips with most of the basics..

But when i try and join the server it either tells me its an unknown username, password is required or failed to connect..

please help

When you click on a server, Theres A Sequence of Boxes labeled "Username" and "Password" on the right side of the server browser. You type a username, any username, into the box and then Proceed to make a password, Then Click "save". Then play. 

On 10/22/2017 at 8:17 AM, Thanex said:

please help

1) Whitelisted server. There's no username corresponding to the one you entered.

2) The server itself is made private with a password (server password field)

3) Anything from the server you're attempting to join doesn't exist to you're on the wrong version of the game to you're trying to join a Steam game with a non-Steam game (GoG, pirated .etc).