Life : Another survivor mod

Amenophis

Hi!

First, sorry for my bad english. Then, i know that NPCs are planned for future builds and that a mod already exists but I want to bring my vision to the game.

I love the Nolanri mod that I have been using for a while. But I find it incomplete. So I decided to create my own mod.

What will he do more than the Nolanri mod?

• Better AI. Explore, loot, eat, drink, sleep.
  • Better survivors spawn handling.
  • Better management of groups (yes with S)
  • Talk with NPC. Become friends or.... ennemies
  • Quest! Not a priority but i work on it.
  • And more...

Currently the mod is only at its beginning but I already have a screenshot to show you!

screenshot_20-10-2017_23-47-37.thumb.png.d5c855a508743fc1171adee0d4336c0a.png

At left bottom of the screen you can see the interaction window. The available dialogs are below (yeah i have a deubg dialog lol) and the conversation history above. Still above is the status of the relationship. With "Let me see your equipment" (that changes in future) i can see the inventory of NPC in the window at right. I can drag and drop item like a normal container.

The dialogs are like tree and each branch can contains other branches.

I'll give you soon more news about development ;)

Edited by Amenophis

That's really amazing ! From the picture I can see a very innovative system being worked on, there's a few things in chat which are a bit weird but otherwise I love that you could interact with them and such. Maybe they would be able to fortify a building and work on making crops and looting, if not having enough food resorting to trading or killing you. This should be seen by the Dev's as it's pretty amazing and the NPC kind of thing that I think we should all see.

Thank you for your feedback and encouragement! It makes me want to continue!

7 hours ago, Legoland99 said:

That's really amazing ! From the picture I can see a very innovative system being worked on, there's a few things in chat which are a bit weird but otherwise I love that you could interact with them and such. Maybe they would be able to fortify a building and work on making crops and looting, if not having enough food resorting to trading or killing you. This should be seen by the Dev's as it's pretty amazing and the NPC kind of thing that I think we should all see.

The UI is not complete changes are not excluded. For the moment I focus on "the engine" and not on "the body". But I take note of your feedback, thanks.

For trading, hostiles, farming, etc... it's planned ;)

10 minutes ago, trombonaught said:

This looks great. I would pay for this if it worked in multiplayer!

Also, if you are not totally confident in your English, I would love to help out! I'm a highschool English teacher and I could look over your dialogue or help write out your ideas if you'd like.

In any case good luck!

For now I'm focusing on the singleplayer but my way of coding should allow multiplayer porting easily. Thanks for you proposition. I'll think of you when I need a corrector ;)

I will try to release a first version in late November but I can't promise you anything.

See you soon!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi! Sorry for my silence.

I had to put this mod in standby for personal reasons. Now i can back to it.

With the release of build 39 i had to rewrite some scripts. But i still motivated.

I can't give you a deadline. I have others projects in progress and a lot of work. But a first version will be released in the coming weeks.

I will post new screenshots and videos soon.

• 3 months later...