Log spam and lag spiks

drevil

Hi there,

not sure whether this is a bug or just some weird issue I am the only one to encounter but I get a serious logspam since I updated PZ to version 38.22 The message spammed is as follows:

Java_fmod_javafmodJNI_FMOD_1Sound_1GetData:3930 JNI_FMOD_Sound_GetData correct buffer

For a full logfile please visit https://pastebin.com/5mJ5XYTQ

I am running on a 64bit windows 7 with a GTX960 and 16GB of memory. The message appears lots of times in a second and PZ shortly after playing in a savegame gets lagspikes every couple of seconds.

I have backed up some older PZ versions and I didn´t encounter the error in 34.28. 

I tried with and without steam online, with and without mods, with a fresh install with the Users/Zomboid directory reset, with validating my gamefiles with steam, updating Java, updating graphics and sound drivers, nothing has worked so far.

I have no clue how to solve this issue or if it is a bug. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

I already was about to give up on the logspam issue. I think I figured out what is causing it. I disconnected my microphone and the logspam stopped after a restart of PZ. I guess it has something to do with the ingame VOIP system. Still I think, that logspam shouldn´t occur because it is clogging up the logfile and it is easy to miss important errors.

Question to the experienced players: Is this logspam occuring to you too?

As for the lagspikes I will have to look further into it and do some testing.

After some more testing and playing around with the graphical settings I hopefully fixed my lag issues. I set the startup parameters in the 64 bit batchfile to -Xms4096m -Xmx4096m. Apparently the game was running out of memory. The vanilla settings (1GB of memory) might be barely enough to run the game with low grapical settings and without mods but they are way too low for my modded game.

There should be a guide on startup parameters on a prominent position which not only explains them but gives some examples for the right settings. (I know, the wiki explaines some of the startup arguments, but it still is more like a guessing game if you are not an expert)

Archived