This might sound dumb but, eyes problem?

Veromaye

Not so long ago I started playing PZ and suddenly my eyes started to get red, and hurt a lot. 

I know this sound super stupid but this problem ONLY happens when I play PZ, after 30 minutes of playing this symptom starts and I need to stop playing because it gets worse. And yes I've tested with any other game and even spending a lot of time in the pc doesn't make my eyes red or anything..

Does someone experience this problem? Is it the game? the windows size maybe? 

I know people might not get this board serious but I'm 100% serious because I love PZ but it's killing my eyes xD 

Yes I'm serious guys. Not even joking or anything. 

8 hours ago, Blake81 said:

Bad comedy aside, I think I know what may be causing that. Is your Display backlit? And on what resolution are you playing the game on?

No is not. Is actually a TV I use with HDMI. The problem is only happening with Zomboid, I already tested it and even if I stay longer time playing anything else doesn't affect my eyes.

Maybe it is the resolution? I play it with the res of 1360x716. 
Should I use another one and test then? 

1 hour ago, lucy the axe said:

I thought I was the only one with this problem!

This happens to me both for Project Zomboid and Don't Starve.

Ohhh never happened to me with DS, or maybe not that I can remember. But maybe it is the resolution or zoom. 

9 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

Probably just Obama's chemicals turning you gay, that's one of the known side effects. I for now would lay off the zombie survival genre  for it will continue to do this until the conversion process is complete.

Oh then I'm 100% gay now. 
No noonono, Zombie survival is my favorite genre so that's not an option.

8 hours ago, TheLeonBM said:

Strange, that's something that is usually caused by FOV in 1st or 3rd person games, maybe adjusting the zoom could change things a little?

I will try this then. I love to play and I just don't want to stop playing because this randomly started to happen. 
I hope this doesn't have anything to do with me having to play with the lowest configuration lol. 

When I have this problem it's from my eyes adjusting to competing light sources.

Make sure you don't have other light sources in your field of vision when you play.

Also had a friend who played to close to his TV. If you're using a TV in place of a monitor make sure you view it at TV distance, not monitor distance.

Hope something helps! Otherwise there is always the "blind" trait...

My fiance got bad motion sickness playing Rift (MMO) when it came out. Even after I made a lot of adjustments, she had to take a break every hour or so. We know it was the game because she could play World of WarCraft and other games without issue.

If possible:

-On a typical PC monitor, it should be between 30 and 40 inches away. Assuming you have average proportions you should just barely be able to reach it, and that you can comfortably see at that distance without squinting or feeling eye strain.

-On a TV you should be far enough away you don't need to turn your head at all or turn your eyes far to the sides to see the edges. From what I've read you should sit at least 8-9 feet away from 50" TV and UP.

-Make sure you are sitting comfortably, seriously, I've known some people to have a bad set up for extended periods just because that's how they initially arranged things and just never thought about changing them.

-Make sure the screen is not overly bright, and game gamma settings aren't too high

-If you often play in a dark room, try turning on a light

-Any light sources (other than monitor) should not be in your field of view when looking at your screen

-You should be looking straight forward, not turning your neck

-If possible try to ensure the center of your screen is level with your eyes

-Try to find out your frame rate of the game and see if it's below 30fps or spikes up and down wildly. If it is lower settings to increase/smooth it. Around 60fps is good for keeping the movements looking fluid

(this is particularly important)

-Try enabling VSYNC if you haven't, this can smooth out your FPS and reduce a few other visual problems.

(can also help a lot with these kinds of issues)

-Update your video drivers

-Make sure you're using the highest refresh rate for your viewing device

-If you play zoomed out very far most of the time try zooming in closer so your eyes/brain don't try to keep track of as many things

-If your system is weak, it could simply be unable to render a smooth viewing experience

If you still have issues maybe you should go to your eye doctor. Just because only one thing triggers an issue doesn't mean there isn't anything else going on. If you wear corrective lenses and haven't went for a checkup in more than a year, then there is a chance you need your prescription updated.

Another thing that can help is ask someone else to periodically observe you as you do what you're doing. You could be subconsciously squinting or doing something else odd that they can see.

Thanks for all the suggestion guys! I will still use all those other suggested precautions since I don't want to get eye problems just being 25.

I was finally able to play without any problem. 
Apparently it was the resolution? Because I changed it to 1280x720 and it doesn't make my eyes hurt nor get red. 

It does makes my eyes go a bit dry? But I guess is just about paying too much attention to what I'm doing.  So I'll try to blink a bit more. 

Archived