RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 38.29

lemmy101

On 10/30/2017 at 5:51 AM, EasyPickins said:

Was this a brand-new savefile, or did you create the new character using a savefile your previous character died in?

it was brand new but i cant reproduce so lets just forget about this one, sorry for the added confusion

Iwbums 38.26 released

should have full ded server support, please let us know if there are any issues with it!!

* [FEATURE] Bandages created from bloody clothing taken from Zombies, now have a small chance of causing player to become infected, if it has not been properly cleaned before being applied.
* [FIX] Pasta/Rice recipes not allowing any more items when creating the initial item from a spice.
* [FIX] Fixed "Gode Mode" typo
* [FIX] Use translated names when radio broadcasts increase a skill. (Issue 1118)
* [FIX] Made perk columns as wide as needed in the Player Stats admin panel. (Issue 1147)
* [FIX] Fixed spawn-with-player spawnpoints not working in splitscreen.
* [FIX] Fixed ISTextBox bug with controller that broken splitscreen. (Issue 1106)
* [FIX] Fixed lua error using the mousewheel to scroll through containers when the current container isn't in the list.
* [FIX] Fixed position of two tickboxes in the options screen at 1280x720.
* [FIX] Fixed corpses sometimes stay highlighted (again).
* [FIX] Optimized rendering the inventory windows to reduce garbage creation.
* [FIX] The load-game screen displays an indicator next to dead-player savefiles.
* [FIX] Fixed "Continue" button showing the new-game screen for dead-player savefiles.
* [FIX] Fixed not being able to enter a savefile name when there is only one spawn region.
* [FIX] Fixed map screen not showing up when map is in the Loot Window.
* [FIX] Fixed infinite icecream bug

23 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

* [FEATURE] Bandages created from bloody clothing taken from Zombies, now have a small chance of causing player to become infected, if it has not been properly cleaned before being applied.

We really need to make Dirty Rags follow the same rules as clothes for washing purposes, because it makes no sense that you can wash a cloth with just water, but as soon as it is a bigger cloth you need water AND soap.

5 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

There's a new Sandbox option under the World category, "Rotten-Food Removal".  This is the number of days after food becomes rotten that it is removed from the world.  It won't remove rotten food from Compost bins.

Please tell me this is going into the main game. If it does, you made winter survival that much more challenging since chefs can't stockpile tons and tons of rotten food to eat over the winter.

Curious about the compost bins. Can they be exploited now to "preserve" rotten food if they leave the bin full of compost and store their rotten food in it? Or will the compost bin eventually delete the rotten food even if its full of compost?

2 hours ago, Moose65 said:

Please tell me this is going into the main game. If it does, you made winter survival that much more challenging since chefs can't stockpile tons and tons of rotten food to eat over the winter.

Curious about the compost bins. Can they be exploited now to "preserve" rotten food if they leave the bin full of compost and store their rotten food in it? Or will the compost bin eventually delete the rotten food even if its full of compost?

highly agree that it could be an issue for preserving rotten food. maybe when you place the food inside of the compost bin it becomes a new item that looks like food mushed up, call it food pulp or something and it cannot be eaten and is only used for the compost bin? just an idea!

Finally got to put a couple hours into this new stuff. It's all great! 

Tacked a couple photos here to point out the drawbacks of these floating tiles on ground level (porches/etc). I'm sure everyone's aware of it and that it will change... but... just in case :P

1st photo- can't see the hidden window on my right above the bench. 

2nd photo- whoops file size limit reached. Suffice to say it's a gas bar- Can't see under the canopy over the pumps. I guess if there were a zed there it would auto-transparent, but there's no room for assumptions in the zombocalypse! Really hoping that zed-detecting auto-transparency is replaced by a system that projects the player's position or something, so that walls in your area auto-clear all the time from basically maximum viewing distance. I'd like to see what the character perspective should see, at all times: zed-ridden or otherwise.

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 7.47.28 PM.png

Edited by trombonaught

14 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

Iwbums 38.26 released

Does this mean zombie infection (disease) ?

11 hours ago, Moose65 said:

God, do I hate that ability . . . 

does anyone else notice a certain choppiness now to the game when traveling between areas (as if a new portion of the map was loading), or when a lot of zombies or corpses are on the screen? I just lost a good character due to this lag of a large zombie horde that had gathered to one area after an alarm went off

IWBUMS 38.27 RELEASED

This will be the basis of the community test.

* [BALANCE] Clothes are now more likely to be bloody when coming from a zombie.

* [FIX] Fixed VOIP memory usage merge glitch.
* [FIX] Fixed eat sound playing when drinking HotDrink item. (Issue 1220)
* [FIX] Disabled corpse sickness challenges 1/2/4/5.
* [FIX] Fixed Cooking Pot with Water not heating up. (Issue 1160)
* [FIX] Fixed bugs when displayName was different than username.
* [FIX] Fixed teleporting splitscreen players.
* [FIX] Fixed ISTextBox controller focus bug when clicking a button with the mouse.
* [FIX] Fixed displayName being "Bob" for new players.
* [FIX] If player is over max capcity, planks will be dropped on floor when unbarricading.

* [MODDING] OnZombieUpdate now triggers serverside, as well as clientside.

52 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

IWBUMS 38.27 RELEASED

This will be the basis of the community test today.

* [BALANCE] Clothes are now more likely to be bloody when coming from a zombie.

* [FIX] Fixed VOIP memory usage merge glitch.
* [FIX] Fixed eat sound playing when drinking HotDrink item. (Issue 1220)
* [FIX] Disabled corpse sickness challenges 1/2/4/5.
* [FIX] Fixed Cooking Pot with Water not heating up. (Issue 1160)
* [FIX] Fixed bugs when displayName was different than username.
* [FIX] Fixed teleporting splitscreen players.
* [FIX] Fixed ISTextBox controller focus bug when clicking a button with the mouse.
* [FIX] Fixed displayName being "Bob" for new players.
* [FIX] If player is over max capcity, planks will be dropped on floor when unbarricading.

* [MODDING] OnZombieUpdate now triggers serverside, as well as clientside.

What time does the megatest fire up? Is there a details page I've missed someplace? Thanks for any details, I'm hoping to get in on this one- my first megatest, on the first day of my new holidays!

Edited by trombonaught

Just now, trombonaught said:

What time does the megatest fire up? Is there a details page I've missed someplace? Thanks for any details, I' hoping to get in on this one- my first megatest, on the first day of my new holidays!

Er I got no idea -someone who knows more than me will be around here today to be more specific

4 hours ago, trombonaught said:

What time does the megatest fire up? Is there a details page I've missed someplace? Thanks for any details, I'm hoping to get in on this one- my first megatest, on the first day of my new holidays!

We'll get details up ASAP - initial plan was to have it this evening, but it's dependent on organiser/server availability.

(It'll be at around 7pm GMT on a 'pre-Thursday' day this week though - will let you know the actual day as soon as we know :)

23 hours ago, Snakeman said:

Found two bugs in this new build for mp server!
1- Bob issue.
2- Warm a Waterpot to make sterilized rags.
https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/tracker/issue/1218--{?}/

Double like for "Bob Issue". We spend like 30 minutes with friend to understand wtf is going on and why he's real name is"Bob" instead of Egor.

On 11/6/2017 at 12:54 AM, lemmy101 said:

Just curious, but does this apply to all items that you are able to remove? Currently you can go over max capacity when removing sheets, sheet ropes, batteries, etc.

Build 38.28 released! server + client

This will be the basis of the mega-test. We've gotten to the bottom of the issues as far as we can see now. Look for more info in the megatest thread soon!

* [BALANCE] Increased places where Hunting Knife can spawn.
* [FIX] Reimplemented flies buzzing near corpses.  Added flies volume Audio option.
* [FIX] Removed lowest lighting option due to no performance difference between Low and Lowest.
* [FIX] Converted server option WorldItemRemovalExlusionList to WorldItemRemovalList effectively changig it from a whitelist to a blacklist.
* [FIX] Added obsolete tag to certain items.
* [FIX] Fixed lua error picking up furniture affecting players at random. (Issues 516, 1209, 1219)

38.29 IWBUMS released

Turns out there were a few issues we couldn't leave. Hopefully this will be the last!

* [FEATURE] Added ItemRemovalListBlacklistToggle to allow WorldItemRemovalList to act as either a whitelist or blacklist.

* [FIX] Disabled SaveTransactionID server option due to performance issues and not working sometimes.
* [FIX] Fixed highlighting of fires when extinguishing with water or an extinguisher.
* [FIX] Fixed GameServer checking Core.bDebug instead of GameServer.bDebug.
* [FIX] Generators are removed when burned, exploding if fueled.
* [FIX] Fixed generator-powered fridge not playing sound sometimes in multiplayer.
* [FIX] Fixed Big Wire Fence bug (Issue 1232)
* [FIX] Fixed errors in multiplayer when map_meta.bin is very large.
* [FIX] Fixed exception in NatureGeneric when a square has no solidfloor tile.
* [FIX] Fixed head-crush sound playing when stabbing zombies in mp. (Issue 1235)
* [FIX] Fixed IsoLightSwitch::load() throwing exceptions sometimes.
* [FIX] Fixed some multiplayer code being run in singleplayer (it was harmless).
* [FIX] Fixed GeneratorFuelConsumption sandbox option not working in singleplayer. (Issue #1159)

Feedback from those affected, particularly MP, with issues in the last build much appreciated :)