Splitting a Building Between Cells in WorldEd?

robotnixon1

Hey all,

I'm trying to add a building I made to a cell in WorldEd.  However, where I want to place it lies right on the border of the cell. Half the building is in cell 8,6 the other in 7,6.  When I do this, the lot becomes shaded red and the one half is cut off.  BUT, if I go back to "The World" view, the whole thing shows up.  Can we just not share buildings between cells or what? Thanks.

PZ building2.jpg

PZ building1.jpg

Thanks for the help. I tried out splitting the building up just to see how that works. It took some fiddling but it seems to work OK. Definitely easier to just move the building over a bit.  It's my house and my neighborhood so I was trying to get the placement perfect lol. I'll be less picky further on. Got some buildings done and placed :)  Thanks again!

PZ update.jpg

PZ update2.jpg

• 5 months later...

Nice...  tried this, and worked great....

Just to add... the grey line separating cells belongs to the cell North or West of the cell you are working in...  At first, I thought I might not be able to place on the line, but the upper one does allow for placement on the line.... So that's where your building half without walls will go to join up with the Southern/Eastern portion...

And according to the Overlapping buildings thread.... place the Northern/East first, then connect going South/West... Although i'm almost certain I did this opposite and it shows up fine in WorldEd...  ??? strange