Air conditioners

Moose65

After seeing the new vehicle build released today, I got to thinking why is there no air conditioners in PZ? 

Last time I played the vehicle branch I noticed cars had heaters but no AC. We can control warmth to an extent with stoves and campfires, but theres very little we can do to cool off besides stripping.

AC units would make a great addition if they were added. They would give more value to the electrical profession as far as being able to relocate them and being a great source for scrap.

But, for this to be a meaningful addition, temperature needs to matter more. I honestly don't feel its a current threat in the game, and the game needs more threats. The downside for heat making you drink more water has very little impact in game. Cold if I recall makes you move a little slower, which has never been enough to let zombies catch us.

So what if temperature was more punishing? One quick fix would be to make it affect sleep quality. Being tired and/or exerted leads to dangerous situations. What if extreme heat led to heat stroke? This would almost certainly be fatal in single player, and it would put people in multiplayer in a bind. Extreme cold could increase the sluggishness effect while also causing colds like the rain does.

Thermometers could even be added for players to check the temp to judge rather its worth going out to loot or not.

Having more threats to deal with, as well as more items to seek out, would add quite a bit to the game. As of right now, the current temperature system has little effect on the players survival.

I agree in general.  There needs to be more punishment for letting negative moodles hang around.

I think the depression moodle actually works pretty well.  The more depressed you are, the slower you do EVERYTHING.  As in the long-term, PZ is primarily a game of logistics, this can be deadly.

I'd like to see a system where having negative moodles for too long will cause depression.

Combined with physical effects like heat stroke and hypothermia, this could be a cool addition.

8 hours ago, Millitron said:

I agree in general.  There needs to be more punishment for letting negative moodles hang around.

I think the depression moodle actually works pretty well.  The more depressed you are, the slower you do EVERYTHING.  As in the long-term, PZ is primarily a game of logistics, this can be deadly.

I'd like to see a system where having negative moodles for too long will cause depression.

Combined with physical effects like heat stroke and hypothermia, this could be a cool addition.

Jeez, moodlets overhaul update.. Waiting for that even more, than NPC. Really. There so many details, that can be added and also affect gameplay: having stress moodle much time will give you insomnia ( can sleep only with "exhausted" level and 2-5 ingame hours, after that unhappiness appears, a little level of tired ), having "tired" moodle will reduce time needed to "hunger" moodle appears and etc. Sweet little dreams..

• 3 weeks later...

Archived