RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

A way to relaod batteries ? if not already possible : reload on generator+wire+batterie or better such battery jumper cable ( action as add gaz from pump ) generator near car to start it, then have to keep car on to reload battery...

Hood / trunk :

• if the hood was already visited and opened but not closed : when open hood ( to open mechanic window), that's close the hood. Have to push key twice to open  hood and mech window. >> When the hood is already opened the mechanic menu should appear directly (withtout close hood). 
  • When I have the mechanic window and trunk opened. Press use button to close hood, should close mechanic window too. (as close window close hood)
  • I guess that's display opened doors car are difficult actually because all work needed to draw car indoor, and no sitting anim player. doors and trunk are "only visual add". On the other hand display opened Hood change the field of view when driving, I shouldn't see road ahead with trunk opened. A simple motor picture under it, 3 picture max for the 3 type of vehicles or one could do the trick.
  • MP : It seems that opened door or/and trunk is a client side state ? I hear teammate open trunk whereas I transfert on it...
  • Trunk capacity isn't balance yet :  (rear seat capacity)
    • 1 step Van : 90
    • 2 Nyala : 43 (40)
    • 3 dash : 34
    • 4 Valuline (6 seats) : 85 (80)
    • 5 Valuline (2 seats) : 85
    • 6 Bulldriver : 90
    • 7 Taxi : 36 (40)
    • 8 cerise wagon : 42 (40)
    • 9 pickup (not on picture) : 85

Spoiler

20180326110727_1.thumb.jpg.01c467f4c823d57566eb005d8cfe5396.jpg

there is incoherance in car with tail board between separated trunk, trunk heights, and seats.

• 2 > and ~= 8

• 6 > 5,9
      • 4 = 5 (without seats)
      • 9 = 5, 4
      • 1 = 6 and 1 ~= 4,5,9
      • 2 /= 7 (more difference than 1 and 5)
    • suggestions of capacity to balance car between them :

Spoiler

There is 2 way to revise : nerf little cars, or increase carrier, I revise little upward, thinking to bag and container capacity balance. But while adjusting realize that Seat space is cheaty and the capacity restriction that's devs seems to want to apply on big volumes even if proportions are evident is hard to keep.

• 1 step Van : 135 (last adjustement, with all others capacity sets, can't "do less"... but less than 400% nyala, 150% bulldriver.  valuline become smaller. that's seems to me balanced).
      • 2 Nyala : 40 (40) (little nerfed : closed trunk).
      • 3 dash : 38 (not closed trunk, all trunk height avalaible, is a car close to a cerise wagon without rear seats ).
      • 4 Valuline (6 seats) : 40 (80)  (as nyala with a vertical trunk space).
      • 5 Valuline (2 seats) : 128 (keep space advantage of no seats).
      • 6 Bulldriver : 95 ( a little more than cerise wagon, so shorten car but without rear seats occupation. little less than a pickup, very less than a valuline) .
      • 7 Taxi : 36 (40)
      • 8 cerise wagon : 50 (40) (more than nyala, total capacity  little less than bulldriver and very less than valuline)
      • 9 pickup (not on picture) : 100 (little more than bulldriver, as trunk seems to be as no closed bulldriver )

• If I open the  mechanic  window I can know the state of all the car while be around, be sitting, watching hood. May add a selective display in 3 differents states ? ( engine and mechanic / indoors / outdoors )
    • all engine and mechanic related by watching hood.
    • outdoors when being around
    • outdours and indoors when sitting.
  • It seems to me that the gaz level system is mechanic. So needle should move even without battery.
Edited by arkahys

7 hours ago, SonaGX said:

The only performance issue I'm seeing is when driving around large sections of the map and loading many map chunks at once, I start to lock up for seconds at a time.  Is this expected behavior or a known issue?  If not I'll play with my settings more to see if I can fix it locally.

I think I may have spoken a bit too soon in my last post. The game play is smooth as silk, most of the time, but now I'm getting what you are describing here. The only difference is I'm not going anywhere, just doing odd jobs around my safe house. There don't seem to be a ton of zombies in the immediate area, but I *did* pull the majority of Muldraugh's business strip (300?) to the north end of town. (Apparently setting vehicle noise to "20" is... loud.)

It's acting like it's accessing the disk temp file or GCing... maybe I've been running the game too long (memory leak?) or there are too many active zombies for the engine to process smoothly?

Shin

Edited by Shinjitsu noDeshi

10 hours ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

I think I may have spoken a bit too soon in my last post. The game play is smooth as silk, most of the time, but now I'm getting what you are describing here. The only difference is I'm not going anywhere, just doing odd jobs around my safe house. There don't seem to be a ton of zombies in the immediate area, but I *did* pull the majority of Muldraugh's business strip (300?) to the north end of town. (Apparently setting vehicle noise to "20" is... loud.)

It's acting like it's accessing the disk temp file or GCing... maybe I've been running the game too long (memory leak?) or there are too many active zombies for the engine to process smoothly?

Shin

Is this in multiplayer?

• When a player become zombie, hair cut change. (It seems that almost beard added)
  • When cooking, all salt and papper are nominate to add in food. (a list with 15 salt next to other ingredients appear if i got 15 salt in container) 

I don't know where I should post this, It's neither a bug, nor a suggestion. It's more a thing I find really not adapted and with bad results, who should be modified :
When I am Cooking, add food take a part of the final meat, as slots. But almost food are a little more than a slot, then remain always a tiny part of ingredients added. As it take a slot, I don't want to add just +1 of leftovers, to do efficiency dishes. So, all this leftovers go to compost but due to this system not because it is not eatable or nourishing.
I was thinking about a solution as bar displaying to avoid slots, And this make me think to a suggestion of graphical bar to choose amount of objects when acting.

Spoiler

cook.png.5019a67354c68f1f9648aa759a1d638a.png

add cabbage will grow his own bar, not ad an ingredient.

Edited by arkahys

Vehicle Beta Build 40

[New]

• Moved EnableVehicles from being a Game Option to being a Sandbox Option.
  • Doors can now be locked from inside without a key. Commercial building doors can be locked from the inside as well.
  • Added crafting recipes for double wooden doors/gates (still WIP) & double metal doors/gates.
  • Player now walks to engine hood/bonnet and opens it before starting Mechanic skill tasks. It will close it automatically when you're done.
  • Updated vehicle masks (fixing green outlines).
  • Added PerformanceSettings.getUIRenderFPS() to fix rates of animating UI elements
  • Added saving/loading/translations for the UI rendering options.
  • Added "Fill Grave" command to fill a grave to its capacity of five corpses.
  • Added many new items to spawn in vehicles (cigarettes, tissue, etc in glove box, clothings in truck bed..).
  • Added several new specific 'owner profession' loot spawns for vehicles (construction worker, taxi driver, painter etc)
  • Added "CHEAT: Remove Vehicle" menu for burned vehicles in the mechanics ui.

[MODDING]

• Ability to disable/check player animations through setForceOverrideAnim(bool)/isForceOverrideAnim()

[Balance]

• A few changes to speed up zombies responding to sound. Hopefully will reduce the amount of lag from zombies when in car. Stores sounds heard on chunks, so will be less iterating and testing sounds per zombie.
  • Slightly lowered long range car sound triggers to further ease on it without hopefully ruining zombie attraction.
  • Sometimes a battery will spawn almost fully charged, no matter your difficulty or time since outbreak, to simulate a more recent use. This should make finding a working vehicle in Six Months Later less of a pain.
  • Nerfed the impact of world age on the battery remaining delta, also to help with the above.
  • Lowered default car's speed limit in MP from 70 to 50. [Can still change this if you want in Server Options]

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed Mercia & Offroad masks not being present so you can now see uninstalled parts.
  • Fixed visual flaws by updating small car shell texture.
  • Fixed Small car having a flipped mask - meaning that uninstalling the left window would show the right one removed etc.
  • Fixed the slow flashing rate of aspects of the Mechanic Skill UI.
  • Fixed there being a rear door on the Small Car 02 texture.
  • Fixed an unneccesary XP bug crashing some mods.
  • Fixed exception for using iterator in IsoObject.FindExternalWaterSource
  • Fixed vehicles colliding with flattened trash cans in MP.
  • Fixed wrong textures showing for burnt/cooked/rotten food.
  • Fixed physics not updating after creating solid objects.
  • Fixed Carpentry objects that block player movement not blocking vehicles.
  • Fixed physics debug-rendering
  • Fixed pressing Escape key in chat cancelling actions.
  • Fixed path-smoothing for zombies to improve performance of hordes.
  • Fixed duplicate "hunting" entries in Distributions.lua
  • Fixed not being able to right-click on other players in multiplayer.
  • Fixed key icon over player appearing when vehicle is behind wall or on another level.
  • Fixed position of item textures in crafting window.
  • Fixed possible NullPointerException in BodyDamage.UpdateWetness.
  • Fixed IsoPlayer.dirtyRecalcGridStackTime never going to zero after mouse-looking.
  • Fixed ISVehicleSeatUI exception
  • Fixed some debug ui rendering out-of-sync with UI FBO.
  • Fixed walking-on-the-spot when zombies move through hedges.
  • Fixed assert being hit in old code.
  • Fixed walking-on-the-spot when two path nodes are at the same location.
  • Fixed lighting not updating when turning a lightswitch on/off.                                       
  • Fixed lighting not updating after climbing through a window.
  • Fixed right-clicking on 3D corpses.
  • Fixed exception with radio sine-wave display.
  • Fixed exception with vehicle heater UI.
  • Fixed squares with dumpsters or other solid objects sometimes not being rendered.
  • Fixed malformed SuburbsDistributions causing exceptions in ItemPickerJava
  • Fixed some controller issues with map UI.
  • Fixed inventory highlight color when using a controller with offscreen rendering.
  • Fixed zombies playing multiple idle sounds in multiplayer.
  • Fixed vertical position of vehicles at 1x scale.
  • Fixed engine condition not being synced in MP after repairs.
  • Fixed engine condition not being synced in MP after removing engine parts.
  • Fixed rendering issues with map UI.
  • Fixed context-menu tooltips hiding/showing every time the mouse moves.
  • Fixed exception right-clicking a Mug of Water with Sugar in inventory.
  • Fixed UI colors so that they're closer to what's seen when not drawing the UI into an offscreen image.
  • Fixed vehicle gauages not pointing at zero.
  • Fixed speed dial going past 120 and not scaling with server's SpeedLimit option.
  • Fixed vehicle steering getting slower when the framerate is below the chosen framerate.
  • Fixed station-wagon rear being clipped by too-small offscreen texture.
  • Fixed rendering issues in ServerDisconnectState.
  • Fixed blue/green swapped colors in UIElement.DrawTextureCol
  • Fixed number of corpses in a grave not being synced in multiplayer.
  • Fixed ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException after player teleports.
  • Fixed missing vehicle loot distributions.
  • Fixed zombies not responding to sound in multiplayer.
  • Fixed world sounds not getting added to all chunks they touch.
  • Fixed bug with SpeedLimit option.
  • Fixed NullPointerException after teleporting.
  • Fixed display not updating for zombified player after death.
  • Fixed black screen when trying to create a new character after dying in MP.
  • Fixed vehicles being assigned unique ids on the server when they hadn't been added to the world.
  • Fixed infinite loop in WorldSimulation.
  • Fixed the Shout key not working for passengers in vehicles.
  • Fixed Passengers being able to use the vehicle horn with the radial menu.
  • Fixed vehicle sound issues.
  • Fixed exception opening mechanics ui with burned vehicles.
  • Fixed issue when vehicle zones overlap a chunk for optimization reasons
  • Fixed siren sound abruptly cutting out 10 tiles away.
  • Fixed and adjusted alpha of more UI elements when using offscreen rendering.
  • Fixed 2D/3D switching of vehicle backing-up/horn/siren sounds.
  • Fixed framerate issue for CarController throttle.
  • Fixed engine sounds for vehicles driven by other clients not being synced.

1 hour ago, RobertJohnson said:
  • Doors can now be locked from inside without a key. Commercial building doors can be locked from the inside as well.

Um excuse me... where did that awesome idea come from?! Love it!

1 hour ago, RobertJohnson said:
  • Added "Fill Grave" command to fill a grave to its capacity of five corpses.

YES

I love little surprises like this! It's like, you know it's Christmas and you'll get a gift, but then someone snuck an extra gift in with your card!

Thanks,this build looks more playable than previous ;)
 Now I do not see any significant changes with my game FPS if I disable or enable  new UI rendering option or change UI framerate when it enabled (but common UI FPS looks more faster than before in default settings). In my first look seems that enabled rendering give me little smooth game FPS ,but I prefer to play with smooth UI anyway, considering that overall game optimisation is really good at this moment

First bug that I found in this build- I can not acess the vehicle mechanic menu when I choose it in radial menu or press "U" button in car. But press "E" at hood always give me it as before.If I already checked mechanic menu around hood,I still can't acess it  in the car radial menu or "U" button. And another bug - corpse of dead survivor not visible nearby random wrecked car in Muldraugh:

20180330004110_1.jpg

20180330004126_1.jpg

22 minutes ago, Jason132 said:

You get the idea from the latest walking dead episode? :P

Actually no...or I would have posted it on sunday night. Suppose there's a chance I did, and my subconscious is being really slow :lol:

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

13 minutes ago, Tails said:

I notice I cannot access the mechanics menu inside a vehicle.

and same here :

1 hour ago, MaxD12 said:

First bug that I found in this build- I can not acess the vehicle mechanic menu when I choose it in radial menu or press "U" button in car

I think it is with this change :

5 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Player now walks to engine hood/bonnet and opens it before starting Mechanic skill tasks. It will close it automatically when you're done.

Who may related with my observation / suggestion :

On 3/26/2018 at 12:49 PM, arkahys said:

If I open the  mechanic  window I can know the state of all the car while be around, be sitting, watching hood. May add a selective display in 3 differents states ? ( engine and mechanic / indoors / outdoors )

• all engine and mechanic related by watching hood.
  • outdoors when being around
  • outdours and indoors when sitting.

But without allowing to open mechanic menu inside car. Maybe a step to separate "the diagnostic" of under hood parts and others.

Edited by arkahys

5 hours ago, Brex said:

"Fill Grave"? So you fill it even if you dont have five corpses? Why not just fill it with dirt? I thought they said you can make single graves now 

They already "fills" with dirt, by the logic. If you dig a grave, where all the dirt will go? Dissappear?

7 hours ago, Brex said:

"Fill Grave"? So you fill it even if you dont have five corpses? Why not just fill it with dirt? I thought they said you can make single graves now 

Feels a bit pedantic as visually it accomplishes the same goal: graves can now be closed with only one body in them. It can be cleaned up later, but sometimes we got to aim for "done" vs. "perfect" with these things. There's always time to look later.

If anyone's tried it, please let me know if it's working right. I didn't get a chance to try it.

I am still getting random game pauses - but otherwise great job on the performance. Initial play testing shows the UI and game are running very smooth!

The horn range on cars is continues to also be an issue. I still can't get zombies more than 7-8 squares away to respond to honking. :( I tried this on a SP, "The First Week, Normal" game with the same results - so it doesn't *seem* to be related to the number of zombies around.

I just realized, the current horn range is about the same as the shout range. Is is possible the horn is actually using the shout logic?

Shin

Edited by Shinjitsu noDeshi
updated info

37 minutes ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

Great job on the performance - initial play testing shows the UI and game are running very smooth!

The horn range on cars is still an issue. I still can't get zombies more than 7-8 squares away to respond to honking. :( I tried this on a SP, "The First Week, Normal" game with the same results - so it doesn't *seem* to be related to the number of zombies around.

I just realized, the current horn range is about the same as the shout range. Is is possible the horn is actually using the shout logic?

Shin

Try it on survival 

The first week is intentionally easy.

2 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Try it on survival 

The first week is intentionally easy.

I normally play on survival level (well the equivalent of that with a custom setup.) All my previous reports on the issue were based on that, and my thinking was there were too many zombies being overloaded with method calls.

So I thought I'd give it a whirl with significantly fewer zombies around. Same results.

But to be thorough, I'll give your suggestion a try.

Shin