RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41
36 36

1544 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Personally, I don't feel like you should be trying to be that "realistic" when it comes to vehicle colors. Zomboid has its own aesthetic and should focus on using colors that feel like they fit into the game. Although I do agree that more variety in vehicle colors would be lovely, forcing in tons of bright blue, red and white vehicles in just because "that was popular in america in the 90s" seems a bit silly :D Do what you think looks good @RobertJohnson instead of what is "realistic".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Feel like they fit in the game"

 

So... like this?

 

B365D8A4BD4A29777F23A34B26FBAC03697A3D36

 

RJ's doing his research to see what's a good choice for the game, I don't think anybody expressing what's wrong with the picture above is undermining his creative process. There's nothing silly about fixing the algorithm for car spawning as that's what this build is for.

 

That said, good on RJ for being very receptive to the criticism and asking for community feedback to help improve on this. There's nothing "silly" about that. He could easily have not said anything at all and just released it, but no, he specifically opened the floor for feedback. I kind of find it hard to see how this discussion is coming from left field.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

two last posts are in a certain way what I think, but talking about the work to do on this game, would like to say :

Is it time to fine tune of color ?

maybe these hours could be used to keep on dress the queen rather than choose the color of her shoes ! :huh:

Edited by arkahys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, arkahys said:

two last posts are in a certain way what I think, but talking about the work to do on this game, would like to say :

Is it time to fine tune of color ?

maybe these hours could be used to keep on dress the queen rather than choose the color of her shoes ! :huh:

 

Without knowing the code and design, it's silly to try and suggest a "better" set of features to be working on.  It's important to keep in mind that RJ and the other devs have the roadmap; it's best to let them set the priorities as they see fit.

 

Shin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I deffo took this light blue cars for light grey... :D

 

Gonna change that then, really cool charts halkaze!

 

And don't worry, this things don't take me that long to do at all, it's more after Kim's screenshot showing the current color i found it very silly, next update will see way more things that just a change in the car colors no worry :D (dragons maybe? i feel like it's been a while since we've talk about dragons..)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

"Feel like they fit in the game"

 

So... like this?

 

B365D8A4BD4A29777F23A34B26FBAC03697A3D36

 

RJ's doing his research to see what's a good choice for the game, I don't think anybody expressing what's wrong with the picture above is undermining his creative process. There's nothing silly about fixing the algorithm for car spawning as that's what this build is for.

 

That said, good on RJ for being very receptive to the criticism and asking for community feedback to help improve on this. There's nothing "silly" about that. He could easily have not said anything at all and just released it, but no, he specifically opened the floor for feedback. I kind of find it hard to see how this discussion is coming from left field.

No, that is not what i said :P What is currently in the game is not necessarily what would look best in the game, a lot more color should definitely be added in. I just think that the suggestions so far showing "realistic" color combinations will look out of place and needs to be considered with the game's aesthetic in mind.

 

For example, do you think that 30% of cars being BRIGHT blue, 20% of cars being hot red and 30% of cars being shiny white (while the remaining 20% are a variation of beige/brown/grey) is a good fit for this games overall look? I worry that they will stand out like a sore thumb.

Edited by iwawa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

 

 

(dragons maybe? i feel like it's been a while since we've talk about dragons..)

Dev used word "dragons"

I can feel something in the air

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A video with all case of containers problem (and induce).

  • force refresh : game correct object taken (and duplicated) when try to "add one more"
  • desappear  : my fridge didn't reappear until i add a stove.

clic on an empty container prevent /cancel partially the problem (a "refresh bug" on a empty container seems to stop "refresh bug").
Some container aren't display, in kitchen there is : a fridge (who i can do reappear before the stove), a wooden case (displayed raretimes), a shelve ( full, never displayed).
Some walls desappear too in the same time.
desappear bug is at the end of video.

 

Edited by arkahys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TheLeonBM said:

Mechanics books disappear after reading. (34.1)

You mean mechanics for beginners or intermediates? That wasn't happening last version. Also, don't bother reading mechanics books, the xp multiplier doesn't even work. 

Was this on multiplayer?

Edited by TheZombiesPro115

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

safehouse : it seems that "john doe" can't drive car, but entire empty parts.
can you lock unistalling parts and hotwire of car in safehouse ?
 

 

Edited by arkahys
I saw what not to do and i do so ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheZombiesPro115 said:

You mean mechanics for beginners or intermediates? That wasn't happening last version. Also, don't bother reading mechanics books, the xp multiplier doesn't even work. 

Was this on multiplayer?

 

Yes, I meant for beginners, I forgot to test the other ones. It's a SP save I've been using since give or take Vehicles 29.

Edited by TheLeonBM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to post all those rendering issues, we're aware of it it's because of the Z-Buffer, something that'll be look into later, not urgent one.

 

@arkahys You mean you can remove car parts without keys/vehicle hotwired?

 

For the mechanics books i'll give a look, I swear i fixed it before already.. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i mean would like to prevent uninstalling parts (and more : prevent hotwire) when a car is in the safehouse.

Car left engine On is a really problem because attract every Z's around.
On spiffo server, someone left a car on in center of West Point, so no zombis on 2 blocks , they are all around the car... where it's laggggyyyyy !
about 300 Z,s are there and no one in the center.
i think it is why server need restart every day...

Edited by arkahys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, arkahys said:

Car left engine On is a really problem because attract every Z's around.
On spiffo server, someone left a car on in center of West Point, so no zombis on 2 blocks , they are all around the car... where it's laggggyyyyy !
about 300 Z,s are there and no one in the center.
i think it is why server need restart every day...

I disagree. I love the fact that you can leave an idling car in the middle of nowhere as a noise attractant.

It does sound like there are still some performance issues they need to work on though.

 

Shin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As previously reported, the Laine's Automotive magazines are appearing as "Already Read" before being read.

 

If this is hardcoded so that people can test their automotive mechanic skills, I'd suggest that you put the magazines in peoples inventory on character instantiation instead. It's confusing and annoying to find books flagged as read when you are pretty sure you haven't (ie it slows down looting.)

 

Shin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, arkahys said:

i mean would like to prevent uninstalling parts (and more : prevent hotwire) when a car is in the safehouse.

 

I was wondering this as well, some of the houses in riverside have garages attached to them. If you claim one of these and park your car in there can people still interact with it?

 

It should act the same as containers were people can't interact with them

Edited by Neutz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheLeonBM said:

 

Yes, I meant for beginners, I forgot to test the other ones. It's a SP save I've been using since give or take Vehicles 29.

That has already been fixed, tested it this weekend. Saves from build 29 are 100% not gonna be working with the current build, so that'll be why you're getting old bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:
4 hours ago, arkahys said:

Car left engine On is a really problem because attract every Z's around.
On spiffo server, someone left a car on in center of West Point, so no zombis on 2 blocks , they are all around the car... where it's laggggyyyyy !
about 300 Z,s are there and no one in the center.
i think it is why server need restart every day...

I disagree. I love the fact that you can leave an idling car in the middle of nowhere as a noise attractant.

It does sound like there are still some performance issues they need to work on though.

I don't talk about to don't attract zombies with car, i talk about they don't attack motor (and then shutdown) or leave the place to ininterrest, or engine shutdown, because if I leave turn 1 day during my car (i think) it empty fuel.


 

 

1 hour ago, Neutz said:

I was wondering this as well, some of the houses in riverside have garages attached to them. If you claim one of these and park your car in there can people still interact with it?

i don't think garages separated will be added to safehouse (even if i would like this). my goal was instead to do a garage with living room. but goal is same : can't interact with them when is a declarated safehouse zone. 

A video usefull or not to :  agro to car started after 1 day mini.
waiting to refresh (so wideo very laggy and finally accelerated), i estimate to +1000 Z's (600 on the last freeze)
show with mouse original car who attract at 1:30
gamma filter moment is for speed x4 ( 3:45)
slow and freeze are the game but flickering and "rewind effect" not

1:30 > 3:00 nothing boring ! afte 4: nothing more expect for say me i'am already dead

 

for devs : i'm on ubuntu i5 3,2 dual (desktop config, integrated GC), my capture program was very laggy due to PZ and even after kill process, when i would like to record "container problem" this one stop imediatly when i start first record. when i coded, i know nothing is random (exept random itself). so i share lived.

SwordGuru if you read forum, would like to say if you die because lag !

Edited by arkahys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spoiler can't be added with modify.
 

Spoiler

GRAVE: Error found in LUA file: ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboid/media/lua/client/RadioCom/ISRadioWindow.lua
java.io.IOException: Mauvais descripteur de fichier
    at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.read(FileInputStream.java:272)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.readBytes(StreamDecoder.java:283)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:325)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:177)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read0(StreamDecoder.java:126)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:112)
    at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:168)
    at se.krka.kahlua.luaj.compiler.LuaCompiler.loadis(LuaCompiler.java:132)
    at se.krka.kahlua.luaj.compiler.LuaCompiler.loadis(LuaCompiler.java:124)
    at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:5326)
    at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:5303)
    at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:920)
    at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:855)
    at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:966)
    at zombie.GameWindow.init(GameWindow.java:1862)
    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1056)
    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:185)

that is the [CTRL]+[C] termination for PZ, in case

 

nothing to see but when spawning in MP could you delay the spawn because if incur lags during connection, who is frequent for the computer i play actually, it isn't disturbing for a existing player, but for 1first connection in server advanced, with hords etc... it is
I was attack when i touch the keyboard, it's baffling... 
1 or 2 second to see (load) the map before spawn player can prevent loading charge without give "bad advantage".

Edited by arkahys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found two odd bugs:

 

1-If you pick up a TV of any kind, you can no longer put them down anywhere. Not even the place you picked it up from.

 

2-Muffler degradation has gone COMPLETELY INSANE. I had a 100% Average Muffler drop down to 0% and fall from my car just by driving from WP to RS and back. If you open the Vehicle Panel while driving, you will see it steadily dropping down one percent every 8-10 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
36 36