RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

2 hours ago, Peemore said:

Yes, experiencing this as well, my friend also seems to get a lot of freezes still. Strange because his pc build is comparable to mine.

51 minutes ago, ProjectSky said:

Damn, performance has been a lot change!!

Good job.

We've still got the 'big' optimization to drop in - Bitbaboon Steve's streaming stuff is being mixed in tonight, so we'll have it in internal testing mid-week - then hopefully add it to Vehicles Build 30 when it appears. Fingers crossed it'll have further improvement, and it should certainly improve chunk-load freezes.

*closes eyes and crosses fingers while whispering a prayer dedicated to the great Java God*

Some expierience from my gameplay:

1. Je-su-s Christ! The game running so smooth now! Seriously, you did perfect work guys. Especially with 30 FPS framerate lock, it runs a looot hell smoother than previous build ( vehicles run smooth too ). Also very like car key balance, i can't steal every car i want know.

2.Update: is there a way to fix this layer bug? It obvious appears on long named items.

3. I've found book named "expert metalwork". Isn't it supposed to be "metalworking"? 

4. About mechanics skill: i think you should't see car characteristics without skill ( car loudness and etc )

5. If i understood correct, car's model now should change if you open windows. This ain't work with Dash Bulldriver. Maybe with all cars, didn't tested yet.

20171205175127_1.jpg

Edited by RealHumanBeing

- Entering the rear door on a vehicle puts you on the wrong side. Pressing "E" on the left side of a car get's you in (and it appears to put you in the rear right seat). Pressing "E" again and you exit on the right side.

- Vehicles still randomly start up when you enter the drivers side.

I've reported these a couple of times now, across multiple versions - are they on an issues list somewhere, so I don't have to continue to report them? Am I reporting them in the wrong place? 

Shin

Edited by Shinjitsu noDeshi

8 hours ago, numbersixthecat said:

Merci beaucoup Monsieur :)

I'll try and test it these days.

I opened a few bug reports for small bugs and issues I couldn't find in the tracker.

Now that you mention it, car sounds are still missing/inaudible under linux... but every other sound is working correctly (beating zombies, carpentry, ambient, music, etc...)

Confirm, same lack of all sounds for cars (except crashes, they produce a crash sound) for cars in linux.

2 hours ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

- Entering the rear door on a vehicle puts you on the wrong side. Pressing "E" on the left side of a car get's you in (and it appears to put you in the rear right seat). Pressing "E" again and you exit on the right side.

- Vehicles still randomly start up when you enter the drivers side.

I've reported these a couple of times now, across multiple versions - are they on an issues list somewhere, so I don't have to continue to report them? Am I reporting them in the wrong place? 

Shin

About wrong seat when entering/exiting, the name of the car would be very helpfull :)

For car starting on his own, do you have a detailed way to reproduce it?

I liked the way how you made car keys be rare (instead of spawned next to every car). How about not spawning any new character with screwdriver, jack and wrench, and make these 3 items randomly spawn in car trunks with higher chance than other items? It could make some goals for character to find these items.

4 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

About wrong seat when entering/exiting, the name of the car would be very helpfull :)

For car starting on his own, do you have a detailed way to reproduce it?

Chev. Nyala, Taxi, Chev. Cerise Wagon... It appears to be across any 4+ door vehicle and using the rear doors for entry/exit.

For the car starting on it's own, I can't reliably reproduce it. It almost seems as if there's a queue holding keyboard actions, and that's not getting flushed fast enough - so there's a hold over 'A' keypress which fires after you get in the car. /shrug

Shin

10 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Radial menu: press "v" while near or inside a car.

Re sound thoughts: the vehicles sounds are WIP, deffo not complete, Lemmy need to do some fmod job to include proper vehicle sounds :)

Thanks all for the feedback, also, anyone had the chance to test general mechanics? Or how it feel if you have 0 mechanic skill etc...

Yeah, it's hard to do much...but you can do the basic to get a mostly-functional car going, or improved if the tires are bad or the battery's damaged.  I also had a tires and a battery disappear.  I think one battery and maybe one or two tires over the course of swapping all tires between two cars, and a battery from a third.  I thought it was because they "broke", due to low Mechanic skill or something, and not a bug.  If it was intended, it was a tad ambiguous with no message saying so.

Is repairing going to be a thing?  Like if your car is pretty good except the trunk or a door, will you be able to repair or will you need to replace?

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I liked the way how you made car keys be rare (instead of spawned next to every car). How about not spawning any new character with screwdriver, jack and wrench, and make these 3 items randomly spawn in car trunks with higher chance than other items? It could make some goals for character to find these items.

That's so we can test the stuff.  I imagine when it's implemented "for reals" that's going to be a big goal ;)

4 minutes ago, Anishka said:

Sorry, but it still impossible to play comfortably! I entered the town on my feet, faced a group of 10 walkers and it was ONE FPS! I died because of being bitten while the picture on my screen was remaining like the frozen one

Just to double-check - you're running vanilla without mods etc?

This is neither here nor there but I ws cruising down the highway northwards, busting up some zeds on the way, and when I finally pulled into a lot to park my car I saw my hood and front windshield were trashed!

I've been out for a while due to the mac problems, but I have to say the models (loads of em!) and textures (rust, damage) look seriously great. Quite a shock from when I left off with regular play (build 19ish?). 

14 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

It might not be connected - there are certainly still optimizations to come - but if you could try without mods and compare it would be super-helpful.

I checked. On vanilla FPS was leaping 30-16-1-24-9-28-7. Because of new game there wasn't hude hordes of zeds, but it was freezing a lot when the groups of 10 zombies was around the character

Edited by Anishka

I was shepherding a large horde of zombies down Muldraugh's Main street when the game started to stutter and finally lock up. After killing the process, restarting the game and clicking on "Continue", I reloaded to where I was last - but all the zombies and the vehicle I was in have disappeared.

Here's the console output file. 

And here's a screenshot of the console:

Maybe it doesn't mean anything, but the peakUsage is... large. Could a dev please explain what the stallCount and peakUsage mean?

Shin

171205-PZStallCount.jpg

Gotta say, this last patch did lots of good. The lagfest is almost dealt with now, the lamps bug was fixed, and I never had to crash into a ''black loading wall'' when driving.

Only bugs I am seeing right now is the issue with rotation (you can't rotate ANY picked up furniture), that curtains are impossible to place back if you pick them up, and that you still can't repair Hoods.

Everything else is OK.

On 12/5/2017 at 2:01 AM, RobertJohnson said:

Radial menu: press "v" while near or inside a car.

Re sound thoughts: the vehicles sounds are WIP, deffo not complete, Lemmy need to do some fmod job to include proper vehicle sounds :)

Thanks all for the feedback, also, anyone had the chance to test general mechanics? Or how it feel if you have 0 mechanic skill etc...

Starting on 0 mechanics isn't a very big deal because removing headlights is amazing mechanics xp some of the best in the game, takes almost no time to uninstall/install and gives unbalanced experience in relation to the other parts, removing a tire car seat suspension or brake gives like, does it even give more experience then removing the headlights? I really don't think it does and those parts take forever n a half to remove/add. takes about 3 days with the day length set to 3 hours to reach level 3 when starting with the amateur mechanic trait, which by the way should start with the advanced mechanic recipe simply because I can not find that recipe anywhere, I've ran into over 10 car magizines and none of them taught me that. Learning car recipes is an RnG grind in general and not very fun to do, there should be a recipes checklist added to the game so we can know when to finally stop looting mail boxes. 

Gonna report this bug for the 3rd or 4th time now because nobody's gotten back to me on whether it's a bug or a design choice and it really seems like a bug to me, but when you fail to apply a car part to a car from your inventory because your mechanics skill is too low, the part is removed from your inventory and not added to the car, normally when failing to interact with a part the part just takes damage n stays where it is, but that is not the case when the part is in your inventory.

I'll also be including a link to a video on my google drive of me executing a duplication glitch for car parts.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_jbfQgCBAHAxqQ7OFkzKQTzlNd0u7Qok/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: The part doesnt need to be inside a big hiking bag, it just gives you more time to execute the glitch if it is. Also, this works on all car types with all car parts to the best of my knowledge. 

When starting with a veteran I got no aiming and reloading stats, only the associated XP buffs, is this intentional? oh, and one more thing, when your at extreme panic with 0 aiming bullets will magically fly through zombies without dealing damage which seems completely illogical, you can surround yourself with over 300 zed, completely removing any possibility of the bullet being able to leave the chamber without hitting someone, and firing off the whole clip will yield a maximum of like 3 hits. I know this is supposed to be intentional but tell me what basis in logic this has, is my character so scared that he points his gun at the sky without realizing? How come the gun seems to aimed in the general direction of the zombie horde then? 

Edited by TheZombiesPro115

2 hours ago, JayM said:

I noticed watching a youtube vid from Cromulent Archer when he was driving, items that were in the trunk occasionally fell onto the road. He attributed it to the fact his trunk % was around 45%. Is this design or bug?

IIRC, a Thursdoid stated that as trunks get lower in quality they carry less and have a chance of stuff falling out. Along those lines, as gas tanks get lower in quality, they hold less fuel and have a chance to leak.

Shin

2 hours ago, JayM said:

I noticed watching a youtube vid from Cromulent Archer when he was driving, items that were in the trunk occasionally fell onto the road. He attributed it to the fact his trunk % was around 45%. Is this design or bug?

right click on the trunk and hover over part info, it tells you that stuff will fall out while the vehicle is in motion and that it will hold less if the condition gets too low.