RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

59 minutes ago, Brex said:

Seems like every new update creates more problems than it solves. 

Yes, the worst bugs we've ever encountered have just been found today . . . a heater doesn't work without a key and a moved sink kicks people out of the server.

Truly, there can be no progress if things continue like this!

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

a heater doesn't work without a key

For me, (have this issue with park ranger lightramp) can use button, it is only a visual effect.

For the sink problem, if it could be usefull : a member of my safehouse take a sink, put it in  our house , then I take it again to put it outdoor.
With crash my inventory was refull each time, so to get rid of other sink I have I install them anywhere and I find that you can install it on a office desktop. :? (with a part who exceed desk)

no relation with this bug but : We can't directly use sink to clean badages and clothes. So I have to fill somes pots, reserve a crate to filled pots to have option to clean while facing of crates/sink instead of use directly sink.

Edited by arkahys

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Yes, the worst bugs we've ever encountered have just been found today . . . a heater doesn't work without a key and a moved sink kicks people out of the server.

Truly, there can be no progress if things continue like this!

There's no need for snark, I wasn't trying to be rude or anything like that 

In this build i'm found another strange bug-when i tried  to pick up one already working Valu-tech radio,the error appears(traceback included) and i got nothing.But in another time i got this radio as usual and It worked normally.Also next screens of some texture bugs,at this time-in Riverside:
1.https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.5496445862646812,0.09194821195046171,1297.9806848112382
2.https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.5491167235776406,0.09800387369893253,1297.9806848112382
3.https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.534966838100897,0.09233617962825316,1297.9806848112382

20180317190548_1.jpg

20180320221451_1.jpg

20180320221641_1.jpg

PZ traceback_2.txt

10 minutes ago, Tails said:

Every car in PZ seems to have 4 brakes on each wheel. Im wondering are all the vehicles in PZ  four wheel drive. unless the drive system is changed to front wheel drive, rear wheel drive and four wheel drive (for the Dash Rancher)

hahaha ! so right. I don't realize that !
only sports car and some heavy duty cars, but none standard car should have 4 brakes.
On others it's always drum brakes on rear wheels. who are used only for parking brake. It's right that a car will be entery drivable without rear drum brake.
May concidered as simplified, but when you can change all parts of a car, become hard to see it as simplification.

Edited by arkahys

15 hours ago, arkahys said:

only sports car and some heavy duty cars, but none standard car should have 4 brakes.
On others it's always drum brakes on rear wheels. who are used only for parking brake. It's right that a car will be entery drivable without rear drum brake.
May concidered as simplified, but when you can change all parts of a car, become hard to see it as simplification.

The majority of brake force comes from the front brakes, but it's a slim majority. Depending on the age of the car, it may only brake by the front wheels, but I've never seen one. It's pretty easy to sew when changing shoes / bleeding lines that all four brakes receive input (I've never seen one that only supplied power to the front). In the past, economy cars could have all drum brakes (not just rear, or driven by the parking brake), though most manufactures prefer calibers all around these days -- better heat dissipation and wet-whether performance. 

Just had a play for the first time with a 60fps cap, had massive FPS improvements since the last time i played. I easily get 60fps consistent now on the regular map.

Even playing my custom city map with loads of buildings and dense apartments (even more dense than Downtown WP) the lowest i dropped was to 45 Fps but that was very rare. It was pretty stable at 50 - 60 Fps.

Really great work, before the latest builds i was getting 15 - 30 fps depending on the map and area.

Are these the performance that were talked about a while ago that were needed before we could see Louisville?

Edit: Recorded my performance in big city map, FPS is in top left uncapped

Win 10 64bit

I7 2700k

16gb Ram 

Gtx 1070

Edited by Neutz

2 hours ago, Neutz said:

Just had a play for the first time with a 60fps cap, had massive FPS improvements since the last time i played. I easily get 60fps consistent now on the regular map.

Even playing my custom city map with loads of buildings and dense apartments (even more dense than Downtown WP) the lowest i dropped was to 45 Fps but that was very rare. It was pretty stable at 50 - 60 Fps.

Really great work, before the latest builds i was getting 15 - 30 fps depending on the map and area.

Are these the performance that were talked about a while ago that were needed before we could see Louisville?

Edit: Recorded my performance in big city map, FPS is in top left

Finally, another one. You've made my (and no doubt other's) week. :D

This is the sort of feedback we wanted to see with last week's build, not just posts about the intentional nerf of the GUI's FPS.

These aren't related to Louisville map expansion, but it'll no doubt help when it finally happens. Not to mention scaling for larger monitors, and .etc :)

18 hours ago, Neutz said:

Edit: Recorded my performance in big city map, FPS is in top left

What map is that?

16 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Finally, another one. You've made my (and no doubt other's) week. :D

This is the sort of feedback we wanted to see with last week's build, not just posts about the intentional nerf of the GUI's FPS.

These aren't related to Louisville map expansion, but it'll no doubt help when it finally happens. Not to mention scaling for larger monitors, and .etc :)

Sort of unrelated, but is the grave problem ever going to be fixed?

On 2018-03-22 at 5:38 PM, Tails said:

im suprised that cars in PZ have no Alternators to prevent car battery from dying when driving your car around. usually when you are driving a car the battery would be charged from the alternator. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternator_(automotive)

Tested it out. Cars are getting a charge while running with a battery in SP. Starting an engine reduced it to 97% then after a few minutes of driving it raised to 100%. Things like the radio, heater, siren, and lights didn't seem to cause it to start dropping.

Anything I missed?

On 2018-03-21 at 5:52 AM, junglistjim said:

cant wait for next update as its unplayable at the moment.  not sure how you guys are managing to play when then loot box wont keep up with the game.

If you want to put up a video on YouTube (nVidia ShadowPlay works well) and show us what you mean, it might help us determine what's going on. Likewise, if you've not posted your system specs yet, it could be helpful.

Main reason this is out now is that it didn't seem like a big deal. To show you what I mean, here's a video with the 10 GUI setting vs. the max 30 setting:

7 hours ago, Brex said:

The fact that it takes 5 corpses to fill up 1 grave. There should be an option for single graves that need only 1 corpse to fill up. 

EP has fixed this.

4 minutes ago, SonaGX said:

Enigma, I actually appreciate the current FPS fix a lot, I have a pretty nice rig so I've noticed the improvements.  But would the ui lag difference be more noticeable if you were transferring many small items vs 1 large one?

It shouldn't, as they're now treated as a single transfer action. But will give it a shot.

Just tried out the Mp server, get a pretty solid 60 fps in SP but on the Mp server it drops to 30 - 40. It seems to only be because it has been a few months in game and there is alot of zombies and blood splatters, blood definitly seem to hurt fps for some reason.

This is only in towns though, out of town is still 60+, its still an improvement overall.

This was in the town with the prison, i forget its name.

Edited by Neutz

On 16/03/2018 at 7:49 PM, MaxD12 said:

In the West Point downtown i saw some texture(?) bug with  dumpsters(not exactly sure,but i could see this since vehicle beta 38)
1.https://map.projectzomboid.com/#12046x6851
2.https://map.projectzomboid.com/#11947x6922
3.https://map.projectzomboid.com/#11876x6920

Has been fixed, or so the team bug tracker claims :)

20 hours ago, Brex said:

I can confirm that the game is much smoother for me with build 38 and 39. I don't have the CPU usage spikes I reported with build 35.3 (see page 44).

With the Survival preset (14 days played), FPS locked at 60, zoom at 250% and 3D models set at player+10, my FPS fluctuated between 50 and 60 while driving in West Point downtown, and stayed at 60 in West Point suburb (but i has a pretty good computer).

The UI lag is a bit annoying but it's far better than a freeze every 5-10 seconds for me.

I wanted to test the new performance with more Z so I started a new game with the preset 6 month later (insane Z population). I also changed the car spawn rate to high but I could not find any vehicule in Muldraugh and Westpoint (I did not look elsewhere).

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:22 PM, arkahys said:

I really don't want them to overdo the vehicle parts.  Almost every car in existence has brakes on each wheel (disc or drum) and I really don't want to have more parts where I need to know, is this a left disc / a right disc or a rotor or is this a left or right drum kit?  The problem with making it too complicated and having too many parts is that on servers where loot doesn't respawn you are at the mercy of what loot spawned in at 100% at the beginning of the game.  More parts might make a slightly more immersive experience, but becomes more of a pain than it's worth, especially on MP servers where other players may have already snatched up all the good cars / parts.  The principle is the same for taking parts of other cars, except add in the chance to considerably damage them along the way.

I don't mind the idea of having, say a radiator, but making each and every part match real life is realistic, but it will destroy gameplay.

Edited by SonaGX