RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

In this build i find strange bug with music.Music plays when i'm in the main menu,but don't play in game(try to play  game in survival mode,six months later and in You have one day).Also one time music don't play even in the main menu аfter i came out of survival mode.And when the character dies, the music plays as usual.Other sounds play as usual(TV,radio etc.)

And i find another bug with sound - my microphone dont work in game.When I try to say something in my built-in laptop microphone,the"signal from microphone" strip does not show any effect,in build 38 this feature works fine.All  my sound drivers are updated and microphone and stereo mixer is enabled in my system,also I checked the integrity of game files in Steam

15 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

What PC specs are you running the game on? I'm extremely surprised by this. All tests we've done have shown the best performance the game has had, by a significant margin, since the first release of the game.

Today I made another try, its strange, but game works better then yesterday but worse than in 37.

I play on SP.

FPS on foot: 15-25

FPS on car: 4-25

When I zoom at max-60 fps (both on foot and in car).

On comparison with build 37-performance  is worsened in a half.

PC specs: Intel Core i3-3229Y 

4 Gb RAM

Win10 x64

Intel HD Graphics 4000

Settings:

Corpses and zombies-all in 3D

VSync off

1366x1080

60 fps lock 

Textures 2x

Lightning 15

Shaders yes

Multicore yes 

57 minutes ago, B33ware said:

Today I made another try, its strange, but game works better then yesterday but worse than in 37.

I play on SP.

FPS on foot: 15-25

FPS on car: 4-25

When I zoom at max-60 fps (both on foot and in car).

On comparison with build 37-performance  is worsened in a half.

PC specs: Intel Core i3-3229Y 

4 Gb RAM

Win10 x64

Intel HD Graphics 4000

Settings:

Corpses and zombies-all in 3D

VSync off

1366x1080

60 fps lock 

Textures 2x

Lightning 15

Shaders yes

Multicore yes 

I don't mean to sound mean, but a 1.4 GHz processor is well below the min. spec of 2.7 GHz with a (any) GPU. Having that both be responsible for driving and displaying the game isn't going to work out well, even in the best of circumstances, yet you've chosen some pretty intense settings for it.

Set 3D zombies to player only. These are very intensive to the CPU to animate.

Set the framerate lock to 30 FPS. This is just causing the computer to work harder than it needs to, to do something it can't.

Disable 2x textures and set texture compression to true.  This is going to use a lot of RAM on an Intel integrated adapter.

Disable multicore and restart the application. On a dual core system like this, it'll just interact poorly with the OS.

Set zoom to a max of 150 - 180%. It has a big impact on RAM.

The performance improvements were targeted to something more mid-range and, unfortunately, this falls well into netbook/ultrabook territory (a computer that's great for browsing the web and document work, maybe some light drawing, but not much else). Some of the improvements in this build include FBOs for the GUI and caching of rendering data, increasing RAM usage. By having an integrated Intel graphics adapter, this means that data is duplicated by the driver, doubling the game's RAM usage, but it's also part of what's necessary for, say, a 2.4 Ghz i5 with intel 520 (still under spec) to be able to run the game at a higher framerate than before. It's a trade off that much older hardware or very underpowered hardware might not be able to make.

Though we'll do our best to support this level of hardware, there comes a point where it starts holding back development of the game. That happened around four years ago. :(

@Kim Jong Un We play on multiplayer, but it's just hosted through the game, not a dedi, since it's just the two of us in the same house. 

Also perhaps it's related to a specific skill? It was fishing experience that I was gaining last night.
We are using Hydrocraft and ORGM.

We have noticed before, even prior to this update, that on rare occasions, maybe like 1 out of every 5 or 6 shows, we wouldn't get any experience. But, the next in game day we would? We'll test it some more today.

ive never really had any issues with performance in PZ before.

but this last update i have seen some lagging (single player) - when 10-20 z's on screen.

also for some reason z's seem to be way more attracted to me than usual.  strange as i loaded a save and i wasnt that attractive before i dont think.

On plus side cars seem smoother - no flickering when driving empty roads or anything. but with z's on screen gets a bit choppy.

my pc is pretty good with latest FPS games - dont have specs to hand as im at work now - think its a 1G gfx card and i7 processor..

but i am still rocking windows 7 - maybe i should have a play in the graphics options of PZ but i have never changed anythign in there before apart from setting it full screen.

2 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

I don't mean to sound mean, but a 1.4 GHz processor is well below the min. spec of 2.7 GHz with a (any) GPU. Having that both be responsible for driving and displaying the game isn't going to work out well, even in the best of circumstances, yet you've chosen some pretty intense settings for it.

Oh, I really understand this, sometimes the older hardware should been cut of for the improving the whole game, but it really strange that the unoptimized v37 works really fine, only struggling with the hordes around the car, but every time I run away from them and game became stable.

In the last vehicle build - Distributions.lua

hunting table overwrite with another hunting table (hunting.metal_shelves not work)
Line: 4647

hunting = {
        metal_shelves ={
            rolls = 3,
            items = {
                "Bullets9mm", 3,
                "ShotgunShells", 3,
                "223Bullets", 3,
                "308Bullets", 3,
                "Gunpowder", 1,
            },
        },
    },

And line: 5670

hunting = {
        locker = {
            rolls = 2,
            items = {
                "HuntingRifle", 2,
                "VarmintRifle", 2,
                "Shotgun", 2,
                "ShotgunShellsBox", 3,
                "223Box", 3,
                "308Box", 3,
                "ShotgunShellsBox", 3,
                "223Box", 3,
                "308Box", 3,
            }
        },

other = {
            rolls = 1,
            items = {
                "Pen", 10,
                "BluePen", 7,
                "RedPen", 7,
                "Pencil", 10,
                "RubberBand", 2,
            }
        }
    },

Just to be clear guys this is not the type of flickering that I'm talking about when I say low FPS for the GUI:

If you're getting this it's most likely cuz you're playing in compatibility mode or you have zoom disabled. The far less likely possibility is that your system doesn't support fbos, but these are a common opengl extension that's been available since like 2000, so should be very unlikely to be absent in anything built after 2007 or so.

Playing on survival mode in Muldraugh and West Point I have noticed that already cooked meat dont appear in all ovens.Even in sandbox with "abudant" food rarity i dont find any of meat,but uncooked meat appears in fridges quite often in all modes.In build 38 i definetly remember that fresh cooked meat appears in ovens,but  it's icon in UI looked like it's rotten

1 hour ago, Tails said:

one thing I notice with vehicles right now is that most seem to lack loot at all.  The only vehicle that I found loot in is the stepvan that contained books and other paper materials. 

i agree with you,in stepvans loot  appears much more often than in other cars.Only valuable loot that i find in cars was a skill books in stepvans,one pistol in glove box of some usual car and one box of nails with one wrench in taxi trunks.I remember that in early builds like 25-28 i've finded in trunks a fishihg rod with bait for fishing,a saw with nails box and hammer etc.Now trunks and glove boxes are almost empty

Edited by MaxD12

A bit of a feedback from playing around (I haven't really played enough of it, I feel, to do a proper feedback of how "the game feels now")

- The uncapped FPS is great, I suppose, but I'd still like a toggleable option of forcing FPS to account for missing frames (so it doesn't skip them). While it does make the game "slow down" a little, for me it meant no zombie deaths because of FPS stutters. Right now I could easily die from car crash if the game stutters long enough, because it seems to "keep going" despite being frozen at framerate of 0 for solid 3-4 seconds.

8 hours ago, LeoIvanov said:

A bit of a feedback from playing around (I haven't really played enough of it, I feel, to do a proper feedback of how "the game feels now")

- The uncapped FPS is great, I suppose, but I'd still like a toggleable option of forcing FPS to account for missing frames (so it doesn't skip them). While it does make the game "slow down" a little, for me it meant no zombie deaths because of FPS stutters. Right now I could easily die from car crash if the game stutters long enough, because it seems to "keep going" despite being frozen at framerate of 0 for solid 3-4 seconds.

Leo its had frame compensation in the game for years. You still miss the frames you always do and time has always skipped ahead during pauses only difference is there isn't a bug causing the game to slow down after the lost frames.

Today i find bugs with car's heathers.If i get into the car in any seat (excluding driver seat) and choose  radial vehicle menu option "heather",the red error small screen appears.Try it mostly in Rosewood where all cars that i've choosed has this error(Chevalier Nyala&Dart,Masterson Horizon,Dash Buldriver,Stepvan).
In Muldraugh one Franklin All-Terrain and  one Chevalier Nyala don't have this error but  one Taxi had it.
Here is traceback for Muldraugh and screen of probably UI or texture bug  with temperature control button in heather's temperature menu that appears in every car in my game:

PZ traceback_1.txt

20180317194358_1.jpg

20180317194358_1.jpg

Edited by MaxD12

After My last post on release Vehicle test 39. things appear more and more strange !
I was playing SP (was waiting for spiffo server update). I mainly play in MP And that's the reason for the incomprehensible "More lags" and strange game reaction. MP, SP, vehicle type seems to have not the same effect

I comeback on my post :

• Brake on some car give a little (but really tiny) plunge effect, other none
  • Car from a before update save (or an updated server) didn't refresh themselves the tilt effect of removing a tire.
  • dancing when driving on zombies : I see what I would like to see with one car in MP : a pickup. Seems that effect is not work in SP, and really tiny in MP. Really don't understand why I managed to see that on a one drive with a pickup, and not reproduce that ! But still not on dead zombies corpse !

performance review : In a word : Horde attraction on a player kill fps/process and then Bitten in the void but I can turn smoothly around horde if they are attracted by something else. too heavy injury process. Zombies delay to react to car hurts (hanged by their long animation ?).

14 minutes ago, MaxD12 said:

Today i find bugs with car's heathers.

got this error with ramp light window of park ranger too.

further :

• Injury on player when crash start to a too low speed car ! speed car on the road, not on speedometer ! For the speed display on speedometer injury seems correct, but i really not go to this speed !
    It' easy to notice that by try to hurt you at the lower speed by hit again and again a wall. When i watch the car shock : I find ridiculous to be injured, when i Watch only meter seems realistic.
  • With car implementation, may add Car store (unused car parts) aside garages ( moslty used car parts) ?!?
  • Cars seems to have same proprieties than players and zombies : They disappear when not in field of view and maybe worth. It is really, really frustating ! when fight zombies around a car, have to facing it more than I watch my back ! This general effect for car make no sense and is not pretty. It is not a self moving object.
  • spawn coherance :
    • It seems to me very illogic to find as much edible items started or already worn in shops where we are supposed to buy these furnitures : pharmacy, DIY shop, etc...
      Should spawn less items, but full or unused !
      Same common shop strangies with full jerican in gaz station, nails and barbed wire in garages.
    • DIY shop is the world on hammer.  1 hammer for 1 "non hammer object". When i clean the ground of a forced respawn place : Ratio is :
      Spoiler

x (1)

x (3)

x (2)

x (1)

x (2)

x (5)

x (3)

hammer (38)

x (4)

x (3)

x (1)

x (6)

x (4)

x (2)

x (3)

• With the visual selection of container, on stacked crates the order in the container window is confusing : first is lower of the 3. Should be inverted, first is upper of column.
  • Crates disappear when in the field of view but hidden by obstacle (most of the time a wall), it's right. So why crates column still don't disappear when in my back ? I still don't watch oven, sink, etc.. if a wall of crates is in my back on south west !
  • in MP I finally understand why I hear alomst time the sound of "new level" while I have no upped : It seems that I hear the new level of any player on the Map !
    May the same problem of hearing often door slam.
  • Highlight loots, players and zombies behind objects could be very usefull !
    Spoiler

ab_phantomshade4-png.39758

or only contour (but for hidden parts only as first screenshot, so inverse of this picture behind the body) :
    LVL_1%2B%2528Master%2BScene%2529.unity%2B-%2BUnityProject%2B-%2BPC%252C%2BMac%2B%2526%2BLinux%2BStandalone%2B%2528Personal%2529%2B2015-07-05%2B22-09-56.png

Edited by arkahys

list of some bugs with the vehicle build.

-Muffler still degrades faster than the fuel getting consumed.

- lightbar on most of the vehicles seems to not be flashing when I turn it on.

- 6 seater van still missing it side windows (middle and rear sided windows).

- Taking engine parts still requires to have keys to the car or has been hotwired.

- installing radio, lights and battery still doesnt increase mechanics skill.