RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

15 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Played our MP server with other people today.

Absolutely gamebreaking bug: Disappearing bug and resetting loot containers, we lost all of our stuff.

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

mpconsole.txt

server-console.txt

Same exact thing as happened to us. I'm thinking this + the containers flickering (which i'm failing at reproducing) may only occur in multiplayer with multiple people on the server. Will have to test that at some point. 

13 minutes ago, iwawa said:

Same exact thing as happened to us. I'm thinking this + the containers flickering (which i'm failing at reproducing) may only occur in multiplayer with multiple people on the server. Will have to test that at some point. 

Likewise, could you check if you have a /blam/ folder and upload a few of the chunks/text files here?

39 minutes ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

Using a car as a lure device is no longer effective. I can idle a car and repeatedly honk the horn, and zombies ~25 squares away will ignore it entirely - standing in place, staring at their feet.

This is with insane hordes, vehicle attraction multiplier on default of 1, and zombie hearing at poor.

Shin

I'm experiencing the exact opposite of this even after the recent reduction in horn, can't say I've done it in the most recent build however.

Zed have normal hearing and vehicle attraction is .8

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Anytime i take a long drive it takes the multiplayer server some time to catch up.

For example, i arrive at new location, wait 10-15 seconds, parked cars appear first then zombies.

Also i found a Spiffo van, i attempted and failed to hotwire it (i've hotwired various vehicles previously).

2 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

I'm experiencing the exact opposite of this even after the recent reduction in horn, can't say I've done it in the most recent build however.

Zed have normal hearing and vehicle attraction is .8

If you get a chance, could you retest this with the new build? I do this as my first priority for clearing zeds from neighborhoods, and I couldn't get more than a small crowd of ~40 zombies to follow me at a given time.

Thanks

Shin

7 hours ago, JayM said:

Anytime i take a long drive it takes the multiplayer server some time to catch up.

For example, i arrive at new location, wait 10-15 seconds, parked cars appear first then zombies.

Also i found a Spiffo van, i attempted and failed to hotwire it (i've hotwired various vehicles previously).

I'm on the public server right now and I experienced the same thing some time ago.

Also there are a few actions that appear to lag behind, or that don't seem to register correctly: for example removing sheet curtains from windows. I tried to remove a sheet I placed on a window, and it lagged a very long time, maybe more than 30 seconds, to the point I believed it was bugged and wouldn't let me to.

I also can't remove grass from the ground: the action completes, but nothing changes in the tile, and the option to remove the grass stays there. On the other hand stuff like barricading with planks, cutting down trees, etc, looks instantaneous.

Another yet different issue is a balance one: foraging makes you sleepy very quickly, it's too much. I started foraging (lvl 1) just as I had woken up, and by the time I got level 2 I was already dead tired. It took me about 10 or 15 "forage" commands.

6 hours ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

If you get a chance, could you retest this with the new build? I do this as my first priority for clearing zeds from neighborhoods, and I couldn't get more than a small crowd of ~40 zombies to follow me at a given time.

Thanks

Shin

Yeah if we could get some clarity on this that would be handy. Maybe the horn radius reduction had knock-on effects. 

Spiffospace server crash... when somebody hotwire, destruct my car and uninstall parts (don't know if is related). i realize server crash because the two container bug (refresh and desappear) stopped but nothing "for the game was wrong", i could have kept on play without be in contact with server.

SP Bugs :

• trunk capacity is less for "car break" than "2 place car"
  • can't acces van trunk by front seat
  • garages are tiny to car (not really a bug)
  • Z's crush and hurt seems to deal sames damages at low speed.
  • i think car acceleration is very low.

MP bugs (on spiffospace):

• with key in neiman :

shortcut "start engin" (n) doesn't work.
in "v" menu option "start engin" is declare like no key (need lvl 3 mecha + 1 elec to hirewire).
have to remove key from neiman, then use "v" menu and option "start engine" work (with key in inventory).

stop engine in "v" menu , sometimes desepear key (from inventory)

• Random car jacking when interact with other windows (click "pin window", chat, etc...)
  • server seems to not apply all "get out of car" :

2 sec later, we reappear in car, or

Z's around don't see me (i can kill 20 Z's without  they look at me)

• container limits from sit don't match (sometimes can more fill, soometimes less)
  • hotwire is the game for children on server.... (prevent by : padlock or hoof car to the police station, lvl up hire wire, reclaim car, resized garage and lockable door, etc...)
  • container refresh bug : when look at a container, a refresh bug occurs (about 1/2 sec), the higlight selected container flash. Each refresh reset contain in this container. if many container, select and other one, but each refresh  reselect first container.

prevent refresh bug : if occur, have to choose  "floor container" then select one container.

"refresh bug" stop (until i open inventory window or modify "containers list" (by look at others or different direction).
cheat of this bug : Duplicate edible or brokable objects. Everything who generate new object (because add the same erase older) : up electricty by disassemble again and again the same CDplayer, lot of slice on one : watermelon, ham, cheese. Duplicate edible or brokable objects.

• Container desappear bug : random desappear, exept oven or/and fridge. very often when many containers.

prevent desappear bug : select an oven do reappear container most of the time.

Adds :

• carry 4 or 6 player at the back of van (or pick-up with shooting possibility, but players should be sitting visible), as hold-up or police intervention.
Edited by arkahys

Not sure if this is the best place to post this or not, but I had some feedback on the vehicle build. I absolutely love vehicles and what they add to the game, however I think they need some balancing and tweaking for the six months later preset setting. Currently, I can find a few decent parts on different cars and put together a car in fairly good condition, I can scavenge for gas and put a little in the car. However every single car I find has a dead battery. It's condition will be at 70%, but the amount remaining will be at 0%. Shouldn't the alternator or whatever in the car charge it a little bit when you start the car? Or maybe add the ability to charge the battery with a generator? Perhaps you have to find the Auto Shop and use a compressor to get the battery going?(suggested by another user on reddit)

6 hours ago, Snowminx said:

Not sure if this is the best place to post this or not, but I had some feedback on the vehicle build. I absolutely love vehicles and what they add to the game, however I think they need some balancing and tweaking for the six months later preset setting. Currently, I can find a few decent parts on different cars and put together a car in fairly good condition, I can scavenge for gas and put a little in the car. However every single car I find has a dead battery. It's condition will be at 70%, but the amount remaining will be at 0%. Shouldn't the alternator or whatever in the car charge it a little bit when you start the car? Or maybe add the ability to charge the battery with a generator? Perhaps you have to find the Auto Shop and use a compressor to get the battery going?(suggested by another user on reddit)

Yeah we do need to make this seem a little fairer. Overall plan was to have cars that have been left for a long period become harder to start through dead battery etc. but right now a) it's not clear enough what's wrong and b) there's not enough you can do to address the issue.

Thinking about it, I know no-one reads 'em, but we'll also have to provide some tool-tips / instructional info before release.

17 minutes ago, FinestHops said:

Visual glitch, player placed floors

I thought I saw that a patch was pushed for this and we are still getting the issue of player placed floors not vanishing properly when placed above a player. 

Screen_Shot_2018-01-23_at_9.39.33_PM.png

It's fixed in the sense that I couldn't break it in testing,  but that doesn't necessarily mean bug-free.

If you could grab the chunks relating to that building, I'd like to take a look. They're in %UserProfile%\Zomboid\saves\, by default.

You'll need to get the coordinates for it (a simple mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116459659 ). Then you just cut the last digit from the coordinate to find the corresponding file.

e.g. 19105x988 becomes map_1910_98.bin 

Each chunk represents a 10 x 10 area. 

Of course, if the map hasn't been fully explored and is still of a small size, you can zip it and upload it somewhere.  MediaFire or Google Drive will work, but you can use any host you like. Just direct message me the link. 

So, people with organized still have to press the transfer all button in order to get the extra storage space that the trait permits on car containers, I've seen this reported multiple times by other users and myself for like a lot of versions guys. Also, when I read mechanics for beginners, it didn't help at all. Everything was still a .6 of an xp. I saw that get reported awhile back too n I thought for surely it was fixed by now. 

Edited by TheZombiesPro115

11 minutes ago, TheZombiesPro115 said:

So, people with organized still have to press the transfer all button in order to get the extra storage space that the trait permits on car containers, I've seen this reported multiple times by other users and myself for like a lot of versions guys. Also, when I read mechanics for beginners, it didn't help at all. Everything was still a .6 of an xp. I saw that get reported awhile back too n I thought for surely it was fixed by now. 

I think Tim literally committed a fix for the organised skill thing last night. Hopefully releasing a build tomorrow.

• An other key doesn't reappear in inventory when shut off car (left car).
  • When locking door you can exit by rear left door. And reenter only by rear left door. the car declare doors open (so lockable in "v" menu).
    Have to lock and unlonck to reopen doors. and possibility to renter by all the doors.
    Some cars seems to prevent to enter by certain doors (but not exit) not the key to lock/unlock to verify
  • Display the logo "got the car key" when hotwire but not the key (so can't open trunk)
  • if open doors (to fill seat) and  3 seats (nodriver) are full : "v" menu display only "tek menu" and "seat on driver" (can't open doors, to take on others seats).
  • can't lock/unlock doors outside of the car.
  • can find sometimes key in space pocket, but never on seat ?
  • press forward in a car already used : put key, lunch starter engine, but shut off engine like no gaz
  • left clik and right clik on neyman isn't logic (and doesn't work in MP), maybe better :
    Lclic { insert key ;   if key : start ;   if start : stop }
    Rclic { stop / if stop : remove key }
  • when remove key from neyman : don't put key in keyring but in inventory (and in rare times nowhere)

Trunk capacity (with organized trait, don't sure to all value) :

1. family car (in the middle of picture)  4 places , trunk  capacity = 85
    so with  2 rear seat : 40 + 85 = 125
  2.  van (to the right) 2 place, trunk capacity : 90
    familly car reach an rear place of 125 and only 90 for van.
    May a capacity of 200 (4 containers) for "2 place van" could be good.
    and a capacity of 150 (3 containers) for pickup.
    We really can carry 5 fridges in a van and 3 in a pickup.

I used car and van to carry wood and build a wall, in this car : 46 planks, in the van : 36 planks. 46 is coherent, with a space of 200 a van could carry 66 (+6 on front right seat ) planks, who is correct.

Refuel by gazoline pump work , siphone gazoline (in can) work,
So can after all refuel can gaz with pump by :
gazoline pump to car > siphone car > gazoline pump to car, etc... so :

• A button for fill can gaz to pump like refuel car?

pz.png

• suggest : I remember firsts games I play on the server there was no flickering of container (or double container displayed or missing). it seems to me I haven't select the organized trait, i use actually. maybe it is the problem. (can you allow to create a 2nd account on spiffo server for only one client? with arkahys, to verify that ? )

Wood barricads was for garage door, can you easily add this, so we can test this ?

When claim house, garage with house is include ?

Edited by arkahys
talk about picture without picture .... so many adds.. and adds... no want to troll the topic.

I can now confirm that there's a large bias towards black and grey cars in the spawning system for parked cars. May want to take a look at the algorithm for it and see if these results are intended as 80-90% of every parking lot is either dark grey, black, or a dark form of a different color that isn't saturated enough to notice the color.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

1 minute ago, Kim Jong Un said:

I can now confirm that there's a large bias towards black and grey cars in the spawning system for parked cars. May want to take a look at the algorithm for it and see if these results are intended as 90-95% of every parking lot is either dark grey, black, or a dark form of a different color that isn't saturated enough to notice the color.

Racist

Spoiler

kidding

post this here, because i don't know if it is the good topic, for container flickering problem (and other).
this is on spiffo server.
when i select "roof container" to avoid the problem and reselect other container. i obtain this :

pz.jpg

Edited by arkahys

so far with trunks on cars I notice that 3 cars never seem to have a 100% condition on car trunks are.

- Chevalier Nyala

- Chevalier Cerise wagon 

- Taxi 

Another option to see with vehicle mechanics  is being able to remove the car trunk and attach it onto another vehicle.

I don't see an option to replace trunk doors, it feels weird that with everything we can replace in a car we are limited to using tape to hold a trunk in place.

I'd like to know where exactly car keys can spawn right now. I have found them on the ground near the car and in the ignition. Never inside the house where the car was parked (I remember they used to in previous builds) or inside the glove box or other reasonable places.

Seconding arkahys' complaint about trunk size for vans, they should have more total space. They barely make up for not having back seats right now. In singleplayer that might not be a big thing, but having back seats or more trunk space is an important decision for multiplayer.

And for bugs, I still have a whole lot of drawing order bugs that I thought had been fixed. Train rails and other ground objects over a car, my character under it while in front of it, zombies too. Chain fences if I park my car too close behind them and so on.

44 minutes ago, Soul Filcher said:

I don't see an option to replace trunk doors, it feels weird that with everything we can replace in a car we are limited to using tape to hold a trunk in place.

I'd like to know where exactly car keys can spawn right now. I have found them on the ground near the car and in the ignition. Never inside the house where the car was parked (I remember they used to in previous builds) or inside the glove box or other reasonable places.

Seconding arkahys' complaint about trunk size for vans, they should have more total space. They barely make up for not having back seats right now. In singleplayer that might not be a big thing, but having back seats or more trunk space is an important decision for multiplayer.

And for bugs, I still have a whole lot of drawing order bugs that I thought had been fixed. Train rails and other ground objects over a car, my character under it while in front of it, zombies too. Chain fences if I park my car too close behind them and so on.

Trunk and trunk damage refers to the entire rear of the vehicle, so if you back into something hard you're capacity will drop. There's a bug where fixing this with welding (or duct tape) will not actually repair the capacity. The option to replace trunks was removed a long time ago due to the idea of replacing the rear end of one car with another is very illogical with the current implementation due to it having no business being a serious option in regards to basic mechanic work. If it reverted to how it worked before this oversight was fixed, you would be able to replace the trunk of a station wagon with the trunk compartment of a regular sedan (and the station wagon would receive no bonus at all for literally being a bigger sedan). Thankfully this was fixed.

Car keys are tricky to find, but they spawn in glove boxes, sometimes in the ignition, and in shelves of houses. They also occasionally spawn in parking lots. I have only seen them in shelves when inside. Otherwise they are relatively hard to find. I wouldn't mind seeing an increase here.

Keys in the ignition are more common than you'd think. It took me a while to start checking vehicles for them. Sometimes even if the front doors are locked, a rear one won't be and then it'll have a key in it. You can also actually find keys to vehicles in commercial buildings as well as houses sometimes. I saw a vehicle parked right outside of Valu Insurance (by Tattoo 42) in Muldraugh, and there was a key in the desk inside.

A key spawn rate setting would make a fantastic sandbox option.

4 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

I can now confirm that there's a large bias towards black and grey cars in the spawning system for parked cars. May want to take a look at the algorithm for it and see if these results are intended as 80-90% of every parking lot is either dark grey, black, or a dark form of a different color that isn't saturated enough to notice the color.

Some vehicles also seem disproportionately rare to me. SUVs were less common in the '90s, but the Franklin All-Terrain is so rare, I can often only find 3 or 4 (not counting in wrecks) on the whole map going through it with admin commands, with vehicle spawn rate set to very high. That seems crazy. Tested on about 10 different games. Black and grey vehicles being more common is so noticeable that out of roughly 30~ games since the vehicle build was released, I have only seen the olive green Franklin All-Terrain once, to where it almost feels like my imagination having it before.

• Somes car with missing parts and carcasses are very inconveniant ( to safeplace arrangement), becoming hard to remove. the only way is to hurt it, and destruct 2 or 3 car to move it out of place.
    Use a rope to tow them or add a tow truck ?

9 hours ago, Soul Filcher said:

I'd like to know where exactly car keys can spawn right now. I have found them on the ground near the car and in the ignition. Never inside the house where the car was parked (I remember they used to in previous builds) or inside the glove box

they appear in glove box sometimes. that's the first place i look when search for a drivable car.

Edited by arkahys