RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

44 minutes ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

@EnigmaGrey Unfortunatly, I'm not able to give accurate report, the 64 bit version has always been problematic for me (in 37.14 as well, possibly earlier too I dont remember) . Mainly after a few minutes of play it suddenly exits, no errors or exceptions in the console log. I tried re-enabling VOIP and starting without changes to the json file to get a benchmark, and it crashed shortly after I got on the map, as expected.

Editing the json to 2G, it starting crashing before even getting to the main menu.

I then started the 64 bit exe from a console so it wouldn't immediately close on exit, and managed to catch the java exception that wasn't being logged.

With the json changes:

Reveal hidden contents

And the default json file:

Reveal hidden contents

I've saved the hs_err_pid*.log files mentioned in those in case they're wanted, but as there doesn't seem to be major reports of 64 bit issues I assumed it was just a issue I'm experiencing and not a wide-spread problem.

Unfortunately the few windows machines I run I tend to put the machines through hell..often replacing the explorer desktop/shell and other customizations. I rarely leave them stock, so when a problem like that only seems to be happening to me, I assume its something I've done in the past to the poor OS which is why I've never reported it ^_^

Never seen the first one before, but I assume the two are related. It looks like something on that system doesn't like either the 2x textures or the textures used for 3D models. The ringbuffer one we've seen before (maybe 4-5 times total), with no good solution aside from disabling 2X textures and possibly 3D models.  If this isn't a lower end card, it might be worth updating the drivers.

18 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Never seen the first one before, but I assume the two are related. It looks like something on that system doesn't like either the 2x textures or the textures used for 3D models. The ringbuffer one we've seen before (maybe 4-5 times total), with no good solution aside from disabling 2X textures and possibly 3D models. 

Possibly, I just played a few minutes with both disabled, and didn't crash, but I might not have given it long enough.  After I edited the json file for your suggested changes, and got the same crash issue on startup.  At any rate the 32bit gives me no issue with x2 textures or 3d models.  This machine is dualboot win7/debian linux so I may install the linux version tomorrow and hopefully I can give a better answer on the VOIP/json edits, but having never played the linux client before I don't have much of a benchmark to compare with yet.

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

1 hour ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

Possibly, I just played a few minutes with both disabled, and didn't crash, but I might not have given it long enough.  After I edited the json file for your suggested changes, and got the same crash issue on startup.  At any rate the 32bit gives me no issue with x2 textures or 3d models.  This machine is dualboot win7/debian linux so I may install the linux version tomorrow and hopefully I can give a better answer on the VOIP/json edits, but having never played the linux client before I don't have much of a benchmark to compare with yet.

Hmm.

Well, after some experimentation with the 32-bit client, you should be able to get away with about 1200m in its json file. Profiling it now . . . 

44 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Well, after some experimentation with the 32-bit client, you should be able to get away with about 1200m in its json file. Profiling it now . . . 

Tested at 1536m, with and without VOIP, large zombie population, all other sandbox settings default, engaged in a running gun battle in downtown westpoint.

With VOIP:  movement performance and Z updating seems fine, no noticeable lag at all, some shots failed, but far less then before with VOIP

Without VOIP: extremely smooth, some shots started failing, much less then with VOIP though. And thats to be expected since the the optimizations aren't in my build and firing several hundred rounds in downtown WP with large Z population is a hell of a large horde chasing me around the city :o

Build Vehicle 33:

[New]

• Trees can now be destroyed by car.
  • Added -CreateMinidumpOnCrash and -OmitStackTraceInFastThrow arguments on server start script.

[Balance]

• Now always give mechanics exp, will see how it goes in term of grinding.
  • Tuned down flies sound radius.
  • Reduced horn sound radius.
  • Small trees won't collide with cars.

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed opening trunk not always being synced in MP.
  • Fixed being able to access the trunk from anywhere when it was open.
  • Fixed fire near a car could cause a crash.
  • Removed some wrong server console messages.
  • Fixed saying no in the sleep dialog when in car still make you sleep.
  • Fixed Exception Access Violation in PZBullet64.dll+0x380.
  • Fixed Moving a large number of items into a trunk, including the key, produces a malformed packet 164.

Game is now extremaly unstable.  Freeze every two second,  from 60 to 10 fps.  And i don't know why. I test different settings, currently i like to play 12 months after apocalypse maybe this is a reason? 

My PC:

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM
Ram: 8.0 GB
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 15063), 64-bit

31 minutes ago, WoodMan said:

Game is now extremaly unstable.  Freeze every two second,  from 60 to 10 fps.  And i don't know why. I test different settings, currently i like to play 12 months after apocalypse maybe this is a reason? 

My PC:

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM
Ram: 8.0 GB
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 15063), 64-bit

Which build are you comparing this to? Is this between vehicles builds?

Trunk conditions sadly still seem to desync to the point it's impossible to repair the trunks of any of my vehicles with damaged ones, making them pretty useless. They appear as repaired, then you quit and re-enter the server and are back to whatever condition they were at before. Think I first reported this bug several builds ago--not sure why it only seems to happen with this part in particular.

Loving the ability to open them and the shrub fix, along with all the bug fixes, though. Thanks for the update!

27 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

Which build are you comparing this to? Is this between vehicles builds?

Latest vehicle build. I play only with vehicles. I start new game and now it's a far better. But after few days this problem come back.

By the way. How to recharge car battery? It's quite hard to find after 12 months 100% charged battery :D

Sorry for my English.

Zombie don't attack for vehicle.

Spoiler

The supplementary explanation about this video bug. (test 33)

edit: Vehicle sink down.

1. Only vehicles Player got on.
2. Not happen it when Player got off. Then got away from Vehicle and happen.

Spoiler

Edited by halkaze

13 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

It's guaranteed to be a problem in build 38.30, but one of the devs disabled VOIP in SP for the vehicles build. So that's where the confusion is coming from on our end. 

Would you both be willing to make this change, re-enable voip, and see if the lag comes back?

WYO7U2C.png

ProjectZomboid64.json is the settings file the game uses when launched from the exe (or Steam). This is specifically the 64-bit one, as this change isn't possible with 32-bit.

Would be really interested to hear from both of you if it changes anything.

To be sure that no mods were messing with it. I ran the server, vehicle branch, X64 version, vanilla map. I started it without VOIP. Same basic issues. Nothing major but slight lag when speeding around as admin which is normal. Restart the server with VOIP enabled and though its not as bad as it used to be with freezing every few second, maybe every 10 to 15 sections we would get a 1 second or so hiccup.  Its for sure not a system resource issue for certain. Nothing in the logs of any value. They dont seem to be reporting anything specific during that time, just the basic message when you see someone moving on the map. 

On 15.01.2018 at 11:30 PM, TheZombiesPro115 said:

If you find a park ranger vehicle, a cop car, or a dasher elite in the really nice area near courtman medical, those cars are always almost 100% intact for almost every single part, with none of them being less than 60%. Also, based on the settings they chose for car spawns, I think this is intended.

It's odd, but every time I start new game all cars are broken to 70%. It started 2 builds ago. Even these park rangers are broken:

Been a while, so it's quite a lot of new stuff for me. Really nice to see cars close to implemented :)
Not exactly sure if it belongs here, but it is sort of feedback on the vehicles branch (I think, tried the "regular" IWBUMS and didn't encounter the same problems), some problems after having play-tested for some hours now.

• It's been quite a hassle to get it started at all (dedicated server on linux, downloaded through steamcmd on debian 9 x86_64), trying to start from startserver.sh resulted in throwing ClassNotFoundException [see server-console_v33.txt] - fixed that by adjusting ProjectZomboid64.json (trove is not in class path [see respective attachements] plus, unlike all the other .jars, it actually resides inside ./projectzomboid folder instead of ./java folder like all the others - so I moved it there) [goes for builds 32 and 33, did not test earlier builds]

• Something is wrong with cooking (not 100% sure if this is not the case in IWBUMS branch, but did some play-test there as well and searched the forums and the bugtracker, especially), I had some meals in the oven and while waiting for them to cook I read a little, moved some items to containers and such. When I looked at the oven again the cooking progression reset from nearly done back to start. Once, after taking one fully cooked meal out it duplicated and the remaining ones reset progression. Don't know if related but server-console.txt contains quite a lot of these:"ERROR sendItemsToContainer invalid object index" [see server-console_v32.txt]
    The progression going back to zero I also experienced while cooking in a microwave, taking one out did reset the others...but that felt like intended (is it? - I mean, you can't just stuff multiple pots of soup and pans with whatever stuff in a microwave at the same time. But you obviously can have four to six pots on one stove plus oven.)

Well, this is totally nothing about vehicles but it's problems I didn't encounter before in latest IWBUMS. While I played (the cooking stuff happened in build 32) the update to build 33 went live, will further check if it happens there, too. For now I just checked if the problem with starting the server still persists, which is the case.

server-console_v32.txt

ProjectZomboid64_changed_v32.json

ProjectZomboid64_org_v33.json

server-console_v33.txt

Edited by Vindelle_Pounze
corrected spelling

7 minutes ago, FinestHops said:

Still hoping the issue with player built floors not vanishing properly will be fixed soon.  Was not in the patch notes so i assume it was not fixed but its still an issue. 

We've got ChrisW with us this evening, so will hopefully get some movement on it.

RE: 70% issue - will add a task in. It might be because vehicle quality depends on area they spawn in to some degree, but there's no variation in it for some reason. Will add a task in.

1 hour ago, Batsphinx said:

We've got ChrisW with us this evening, so will hopefully get some movement on it.

RE: 70% issue - will add a task in. It might be because vehicle quality depends on area they spawn in to some degree, but there's no variation in it for some reason. Will add a task in.

Tell ChrisW that I will bestow upon him all the Twinkies if he gets it fixed. lol

I'm not sure if this bug has come back or if I have failed to notice it, but I figured I would post it just in case.

Railings and posts are layered behind the player and walls, making for some odd visual effects. 

Spoiler

500DCB14BBE7C2855E3F219C5778866CE3A18CF4

F546796D53340D58FED4E80D761BABE8892F31E308EC346C83C3F5DAB7EC8FF3FEE9DFE143CE8ABF

Concerning roofs, additionally, this "dark spot" was found behind this house: http://map.projectzomboid.com/?#0.7099868127316972,0.23916306059184583,410.18627024600187

30696AADF96A81E5242673E9CAC486D8C93D46F0

http://map.projectzomboid.com/?#0.4494317795231329,0.1861712203926614,40.7352088790537

This nameless community does not have car spawns

It also has an absurdly high zombie count for a town that is much smaller than the other communities we see, may want to consider turning it down especially in the outskirts as that is where the density can really be noticed. As far as I can tell there's not much in there to justify the zed count compared to West Point or Rosewood.

Build Vehicle 33.1:

[New]

• Changed Xmx values to 1200 from 768 for 32/64 clients (should avoid too many pauses due to the garbage collector).
  • Switched to a Cellular Automaton (from a Mersenne) algorithm for RNG: this could be tough for players to see an impact, but changes in value should be less erratic). Also changed the seed generation. Now doing 2 seeds, one for Lua, one for Java. Bit more tweaks in RNG has been made, I'm waiting for feedback to be sure it doesn't do weird stuff.

[Balance]

• Reduced zombie corpse weight to 20.
  • Increased odds of canning items spawning.
  • Increased locations where antibiotics can be found.
  • Increased chance of finding plush Spiffo.

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed missing trove lib in Linux server classpath.
  • Workaround for player-built structures not hiding correctly. Revert to simple rule hiding all player-built items above player's z-level. [we will dig deeper into this later - but wanted it playable first and foremost]
  • Fixing crash when hitting a vehicle in MP with a weapon.
  • Fixed a bug making tire worn faster.