RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

Build Vehicle 32:

[New]

• You can now open the trunk from inside the car via the dashboard (icon is a placeholder)
  • You can now hit a car by hitting it with melee weapon, firearm is coming.

[Balance]

• Balanced mechanics exp given, low level stuff have now more chance to get exp.
  • Better detection/mechanic of zombies hitting cars.

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed some bugs with resizing mechanics UI.
  • Fixed rendering bugs in mechanics UI.
  • Fixed doing a 180 turn in sports car results in 'smashing glass' sound.
  • Fixed losing collision at high speed.
  • Fixed cars being alarmed when they should not.
  • Fixed cars sometimes not triggering alarms.
  • Fixed MP loot sync issues when two players are using the same inventory space

Are  MP loot sync issues fixed too? Don't see it mentioned in the patch notes, but I heard they were going to be today.

edit: Don't see an update for the dedicated server on Steam yet either, is that coming soon? Build looks great. :-D

Edited by NorthRoad

3 hours ago, NorthRoad said:

The open trunk button doesn't seem to be doing anything for me when I click it. Tested in MP. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem since it's a new feature? Have keys to the car and I've tested in a few different ones.

Trunks don't appear to work at all in MP.

Can't see them, can't open them.

@RobertJohnson 

The inconsistent XP gain for mechanics isn't working out, or at least not as intended. It would be much better to have the XP gain be consistent.

I understand that you are concerned about it being too easy to grind, which is why these tasks should take considerable amounts of ingame time to counterbalance that (as repairs usually take long, and all mechanics learn from repetition anyways). 

Report of all of my mechanic work. Level 1 reached, added through commands.

-Uninstalled a windshield: 0 XP

-Uninstalled a hood: 0 XP

-Installed a hood (after breaking 1, mind you): 0 XP

-Uninstalled a battery: 0 XP

-Installed a new battery: 0 XP

-Uninstalled a headlight: 0 XP

-Installed a headlight: 0 XP

Of course this may not be working as intended, but this really counters the idea of finding better parts and replacing it for no XP reward at all due to RNG. Should just be tied to the part or job on the car so you can perform the task once for a XP reward and then only get XP again if the part gets damaged.

In the interest of making this less based on RNG you may want to consider consistent XP gain for completing the task, which should take some time. It's still worth noting that you have the break chance for early XP levels being extremely high, so its still risky to repeatedly install parts.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

2 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Trunks don't appear to work at all in MP.

Can't see them, can't open them.

That's odd. Trunks appear and work for me in MP, but I've noticed a couple items desync and disappear when taking items from them, which otherwise seems fixed as I haven't had this happen anymore except when taking items from vehicles.

Hopefully we can get a fix for this and the trunk dashboard feature early next week.

Build 32, look at these spikes, the game freezes for a half second or so. Every 2-3 seconds.
Ever since early vehicle build. Read some people here experiencing similar issues, anyone else? SP and MP - all the same.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2c8104df50ffef6406a81d6d644b78aa.png

Edited by Ysa

8 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build Vehicle 32:

[New]

• You can now open the trunk from inside the car via the dashboard (icon is a placeholder)
  • You can now hit a car by hitting it with melee weapon, firearm is coming.

[Balance]

• Balanced mechanics exp given, low level stuff have now more chance to get exp.
  • Better detection/mechanic of zombies hitting cars.

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed some bugs with resizing mechanics UI.
  • Fixed rendering bugs in mechanics UI.
  • Fixed doing a 180 turn in sports car results in 'smashing glass' sound.
  • Fixed losing collision at high speed.
  • Fixed cars being alarmed when they should not.
  • Fixed cars sometimes not triggering alarms.
  • Fixed MP loot sync issues when two players are using the same inventory space

I wish you guys never would have removed xp from headlights man, it wasn't balanced, but it was a lot closer then this is. Getting to level 2 used to take like 3 days now it takes like 3 months and level 2 basically let's you fix fuck all, not even tires.

found an exploit, you can bypass storage space capacities inside vehicles if you drag the stuff you want to the icon on the right side panel instead of just into the written part, was able to put 120+ into the back of my pickup and about 12 into my 5 max capacity glove box lol

11 hours ago, Ysa said:

Build 32, look at these spikes, the game freezes for a half second or so. Every 2-3 seconds.
Ever since early vehicle build. Read some people here experiencing similar issues, anyone else? SP and MP - all the same.

Reveal hidden contents

Could you please post your computer specs, info on whether this is only with vehicles enabled or in general play and any other salient details here? Running it vanilla, or with mods enabled?

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23358-current-vehicles-build-issues/

Restarted my server and a vehicle that was in good condition had a bunch of broken parts at 0% for some reason, namely doors, windows, windshields, and the trunk. It was fine before. The trunk is at 0% condition even though I know for sure it was never damaged at all in gameplay. I used additem to give myself replacement parts and a ludicrous amount of duct tape to fix the trunk (took over 40[!] to bring it to 94%).  Then I exited and restarted, and the trunk was at 0% again, but other parts were okay. Not sure what is up with that.

9 hours ago, NorthRoad said:

Restarted my server and a vehicle that was in good condition had a bunch of broken parts at 0% for some reason, namely doors, windows, windshields, and the trunk. It was fine before. The trunk is at 0% condition even though I know for sure it was never damaged at all in gameplay. I used additem to give myself replacement parts and a ludicrous amount of duct tape to fix the trunk (took over 40[!] to bring it to 94%).  Then I exited and restarted, and the trunk was at 0% again, but other parts were okay. Not sure what is up with that.

Do you reproduce this everytime?

3 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Do you reproduce this everytime?

I'm not sure what happened to cause the damage in the first place to repeat that part, but the trunk bug is repeatable every time on this vehicle, and I suspect I could reproduce it on another vehicle, since I recall having a similar problem with trunks' condition resetting weeks ago on an older build. I've also experienced conditions being different on server restart before, but never this extreme--generally, it was that I damaged the car somehow and it didn't show til restart, rather than several parts at 0% for no reason. Let me know if you need any more info.

On 13/01/2018 at 3:34 AM, Ysa said:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.2c8104df50ffef6406a81d6d644b78aa.png

I had the same issue. Then I had read somewhere that it's related to VOIP, so I turned it off completely + changed default input device so that my mike won't work completely, restarted the game and everything works without spikes at 1440p with full zoom. It may be related to custom sound card cause I have Asus Xonar DX.

20 hours ago, Ivan Zyranau said:

I had the same issue. Then I had read somewhere that it's related to VOIP, so I turned it off completely + changed default input device so that my mike won't work completely, restarted the game and everything works without spikes at 1440p with full zoom. It may be related to custom sound card cause I have Asus Xonar DX.

Same issue here and im using the xonar u7 card.

I'm using internal sound card (Realtek HD), but there is something interesting in the console and game options related to sounds. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2cef7f7fc8bec68ff3f47b8d3ba4fc17.png

Edited by Ysa

NullPointerException everytime I go anywhere near down the back alley of courtman medical, there's some kinda fire going on down there and as soon as I drive to close to it that's when it happens.  Maybe it's a one off, I'll go start some fires near running cars and see what happens.

Edited by TheZombiesPro115

5 minutes ago, TheZombiesPro115 said:

NullPointerException everytime I go anywhere near down the back alley of courtman medical, there's some kinda fire going on down there and as soon as I drive to close to it that's when it happens.  Maybe it's a one off, I'll go start some fires near running cars and see what happens.

Yeah it'll be the fires - I believe we have this fixed in the next build so don't nullpointerexcept yourself on our account :)