RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

4 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

I'm all for pop up the trunk from inside the car, but thing is we won't have the model texture update to show it's open, so i'm afraid people will leave it open lot of the time...

I'll try to maybe put it in plain black when it's open, while i see how we could implement the opened trunk.

Campfire should be fixed for next version, next time just post a tracker, keep this thread clean for vehicles-related stuff if possible.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just evaluate:

IF (any door can be opened) OR (carkey exists in users inventory) THEN (trunk container can be accessed) ?

You wouldn't need the open/close texture. It'd just be an abstraction of being able to get into the trunk via key, or via cab button.

Shin

Still having a lot of these errors

Error with packet of type: 164
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
    at java.nio.Buffer.position(Buffer.java:244)
    at zombie.iso.ObjectsSyncRequests.receiveGridSquareObjects(ObjectsSyncRequests.java:344)
    at zombie.network.GameClient.SyncObjectsReq(GameClient.java:4146)
    at zombie.network.GameClient.mainLoopDealWithNetData(GameClient.java:804)
    at zombie.network.GameClient.update(GameClient.java:301)
    at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:594)
    at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1282)
    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1058)
    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:183)
1513455945375 ERROR: receiveGridSquareObjects null
Error with packet of type: 164
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
    at java.nio.Buffer.position(Buffer.java:244)
    at zombie.iso.ObjectsSyncRequests.receiveGridSquareObjects(ObjectsSyncRequests.java:344)
    at zombie.network.GameClient.SyncObjectsReq(GameClient.java:4146)
    at zombie.network.GameClient.mainLoopDealWithNetData(GameClient.java:804)
    at zombie.network.GameClient.update(GameClient.java:301)
    at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:594)
    at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1282)
    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1058)
    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:183)
1513455946025 ERROR: VehicleManager.clientReceiveUpdate get invalid data

Resulting in huge Desync with server that lead to a totaly unplayable session.

Server seems to not get my position, resulting in rollbacks / death

On a 32gb server 8cores 2Mbps Up, botted on windows with steam dedicated server (by steamCMD)

Version Stable don't get theses errors or desync.

Enigma, maybe you saw it on your console, i got theses on your server also.

theses are from the client console

Edited by Tinos

Can someone confirm that Mechanics books are working for them? I went out of my way to find a mechanics book in my already started game (had to go to different town), read it and it just disappeared from my inventory, without giving any xp multiplier bonus. Figuring it's an existing-save bug, I started a new game, turned off zeds just to test that it works in a new start - same effect (no xp multiplier, book vanieshes after finishing)

Is it a me bug, or a game bug?

We are hosting a server on a Windowsserver vps from OVH, seems to work as intend like i got no errors for 1hour. (without any config changes or user folder deleted from previous posts)

Some random freezes for 1sec, but FPS are quite good with a lot of Z.
Seems to need more than 2mps up to synchronize clients and server. (wtf ?)

On 12/15/2017 at 2:08 PM, TheLeonBM said:

Can zeds trip alarms now? I've been having random alarms go off (at different times) in west point. If not don't fix it, It's a nice feature :-D

I haven't had a zombie trip an alarm yet, but I did have an alarm trip after I smashed a window to this one house so hopefully this is by design, I was always annoyed that zomboids could smash every window in, shuffle past all the motion sensors and beat all the doors down and the alarm would only go off once I showed up.

15 hours ago, RickBFP said:

So what's the most CURRENT version of this game that's open to the public ? Are vehicles officially in the game ? 

38.30 is the most current stable build

vehicles 30.3 is the most current public beta, as I believe IWBUMS is not getting updates atm.

If you want to access the vehicles beta then you need the steam version. Project zomboid > Properties > Beta's > Vehicles - work in progress on vehicles.

10 minutes ago, TheZombiesPro115 said:

I haven't had a zombie trip an alarm yet, but I did have an alarm trip after I smashed a window to this one house so hopefully this is by design, I was always annoyed that zomboids could smash every window in, shuffle past all the motion sensors and beat all the doors down and the alarm would only go off once I showed up.

Breaking windows does trip alarms, It always did (or at least is a pretty old occurrence) so I'm guessing is intended. :-D

Any chance for an admin command in MP to spawn specific types and colours of vehicles? Would be easier to get a hang of some of the ones I haven't run into much and that seem a lot less common than others, see what they function like. Plus I want to set up some MP scenarios like the SP ones sometime, and it would be a lot easier to be able to spawn cars in as well as items, rather than scour the map for a specific type and colour. I notice admin mode increases speed you do most things, but it doesn't seem to at all for mechanics-related stuff.

Also noticed you can't sleep in a car while the engine is running, but it would make sense for people who aren't the driver to be able to, unless maybe they have certain traits like Restless Sleeper and aren't using Sleeping Tablets since some people can IRL. There's a glitch where if someone sleeps in it when it's not on and then the driver turns the engine on and drives off, they still are, but it seems buggy. My friend who did this disappeared out of existence and had to restart the game a couple times, their character wasn't even visible and their chat wasn't coming through. Passengers also can't read while you drive, but it would be nice if they could; get your reading done between looting on long road trips. Noticed on a long trip from Rosewood to West Point which was otherwise great. Saw huge road blocks of wrecks around the trailers north of Muldraugh and it was to where I had to chop down trees to clear a path to drive around them which was so cool.

59 minutes ago, TheLeonBM said:

Breaking windows does trip alarms, It always did (or at least is a pretty old occurrence) so I'm guessing is intended. :-D

For me the alarm would only go off the second I stepped foot inside. No matter how many door and windows are fucked over.

Edited by TheZombiesPro115

Reporting from my server, found some major issues.

1. Items in Glove Box reset. Unsure if desync or general saving issues. Keys placed in glove boxes have dissipated, sometimes different loot is found in it's place, so clearly there are issues with saving the contents of the vehicle containers. We've lost keys and other important items through this.

2. There are zombies beneath this gas station roof.

04F60D5E62684C17BD6B488E8BD6E6DE2DE76BC1

Edited by Kim Jong Un

3 hours ago, TheZombiesPro115 said:

I've had a whole neighborhood have their alarms set off like dominoes due to one zombie getting frisky. Normally the only time I bail is when the helicopter comes - this time, evac was in full effect. 

I love (and hate) the change! :D

Shin

2 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Reporting from my server, found some major issues.

1. Items in Glove Box reset. Unsure if desync or general saving issues. Keys placed in glove boxes have dissipated, sometimes different loot is found in it's place, so clearly there are issues with saving the contents of the vehicle containers. We've lost keys and other important items through this.

04F60D5E62684C17BD6B488E8BD6E6DE2DE76BC1

I had this same problem but with the trunk of a truck I was fixing up. Put parts from another one I cannibalised the parts of in it to go repair it at home, and each one I took out would disappear when I went to install it. So it seems like items in it were despawning. I was about to play some more and will test out other items in it as well. I don't think it's happened with trunks of other vehicles for me though.

I also noticed a couple items I put in a regular container in my safehouse disappear, they seemed to especially when drag and dropping from the ground right onto the container or vice versa. Not sure what was up with that, and I think some of them actually reappeared later. Maybe there's some general desync issue or something in the vehicles build.

edit: just loaded my save, a bunch of items I had on the ground are completely missing and everything in the truck trunk is gone altogether. A bunch of zombies I buried still have their corpses laying around even though the graves are full. Car part conditions also seem to vary a lot after reloads compared to what they showed as before saving and quitting.

47 minutes ago, Soul Filcher said:

Are car engines harder to get started now? Even in cars with "green" engine condition and fuel levels it seems like a waste of time trying to get started. Over a dozen times isn't enough to get a 70% condition engine started there's something wrong.

Can second this as well. It seems weird to me--cars with 100% engine condition sometimes take a few tries to start. I haven't had it quite that bad though.

Edited by NorthRoad

54 minutes ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

I've had a whole neighborhood have their alarms set off like dominoes due to one zombie getting frisky. Normally the only time I bail is when the helicopter comes - this time, evac was in full effect. 

I love (and hate) the change! :D

Shin

Seems like something people are responding well to overall! I'll talk to RJ about keeping it / refining it.

20 hours ago, MSKRod said:

Can someone confirm that Mechanics books are working for them? I went out of my way to find a mechanics book in my already started game (had to go to different town), read it and it just disappeared from my inventory, without giving any xp multiplier bonus. Figuring it's an existing-save bug, I started a new game, turned off zeds just to test that it works in a new start - same effect (no xp multiplier, book vanieshes after finishing)

Is it a me bug, or a game bug?

Can confirm that, tried in multiplayer

Back from another multiplayer day.

The progress on the visuals system appears to have been reversed through bugs, this one happening along the rear of the firestation. The wall is no longer fading to reveal what is behind the building. I am standing against the wall. Flickering is the better word - sweet spots are against the windows.

94033AE83E90F5E1E189E6FB1E43B6AEE8911957

There appears to be desync issues regarding cars in general. Bags removed from trunks are disappearing after being placed in fridges/containers, trunks having different contents after returning to vehicles.

Different bug:

My friend left his key in the ignition and the station wagon running, we fled a horde for some distance. Realizing he left the vehicle running we ran back, I hopped into the surrounded car and drove off. When I left the vehicle I had an item "Car Key" in my inventory and could not start the station wagon again.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Radios are no longer working as intended in multiplayer.

Had a person set up a radio with me around. He turned it on and changed the stations. While I could view the changes in text (the different radio hosts doing their intros as the station changed), the person actually setting up and turning on/tuning the radio could not see any text at all.

Walkie Talkies do not work, we both used screenshots to confirm we were both on the same frequency and did not have mics muted.