RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

27 minutes ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

Thanks for the quick updates!

Started a new game with 24.2, and I'm still seeing moments where braking isn't working. It's most pronounced when driving in reverse. Back up -> brake or acceleate forward -> car continues to slide backwards like it's on ice.

Pressing SPACE make brakes work.

2 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

It does this only on this car? Could you give me your save file where you're in a car that does this? Can't reproduce here :(

Also guys: how's car speed & gas consumption feel?

I'm also having this happen. I've attached the two vehicle mechanics on the cars I've tested.

It happened with both of them, when I was driving (straight) on the highway from Muldraugh to Rosewood/March Point. It occurred shortly past the Muldraugh gas station leading out of town.

I can provide a save file - just let me know where & how you'd like it.

VehicleMechanics.jpg

VehicleMechanics2.jpg

Edited by Shinjitsu noDeshi

So something is massively messed up with the car spawns still. Tried creating a game, set car spawns to low (also tried with normal) and spawned in a few different areas to test. No mods. Every single car spawn spot has a car in it, creating MASSIVE lag issues. There is a key on the ground next to every single car. Literally unplayable lag :(

Both me and a friend tried this, both have pretty good pc setups. Major lag spikes if you go anywhere near a parking lot.

Also, if you set zombies to be "more active at night", zombies lag forwards frame by frame during the day.

Edited by iwawa

New game with 24.3

- 'U' key opens a "Vehicle Mechanics" frame every time it's pressed. I can get 10 frames for the same vehicle

- I haven't found any vehicles which have loot in them (trunk, glovebox, other seats)

- Gas consumption, acceleration, and car speed seem to be good, but I need to test on some different types of vehicles.

Other issues reported here for <24.3 seem to have been addressed for my current game. Well done RJ!

Shin

Been loving the new vehicle build so far :D Keep up the great work :)

I really like the Franklin Valuline since it can hold six people and has a good size lockable trunk/boot :) Been running around trying to max out all the stats on it :P

I will say I feel like wheels and suspension lose their quality percentage too quickly when going off road but I've been having a blast with it regardless :)

I also noticed you can't install certain parts to cars you don't have the key for even when they're unlocked or had their window/door removed (however you can at least still remove parts without the key)

My only questions are A: Are there any plans to make the "Engine" part repairable? And B: Any plans to have vehicle collisions with objects (Like trees, cars, walls and streetlights) have a bigger impact on the car and player?

Making Zombie hits at high speeds do more damage to the car and possibly the player if the windshield was at a low condition percentage would be nice too :P

Thank you for the hotfix earlier, wasn't expecting one within minutes of posting :D

Basically we started a new multiplayer game with 24.3 with the intention of trying to run a longer term game in order to provide more in-depth bug reports for you guys! But sadly the lag was still a considerable issue (not to the same extent as experienced with cars in every parking spot, but still noticeable), to the point where it is hard to keep people playing. Tried testing this in singleplayer as well and got the same results on two different systems, even with low vehicle spawns and 0.3x zombie spawns.

The lag increases when going near a parking lot, driving or when there are a lot of zombies nearby. Lag is not noticeable away from towns.

It is worth mentioning that this is the same type of lag we would experience in long-term games (1-3 months into the game) when testing earlier this year, which was due to a memory leak.  Obviously this isn't the case now, as it happens at the very start of a game, but it is very clearly tied to the vehicles themselves and results in similar lag spikes.

System 1:
i7 4770K
32 GB RAM
Geforce GTX 980
64 bit Windows 7

System 2:
i7 3770K
16 GB RAM
Radeon R9 390
64-bit Windows 10

Haven't seen that many people complain about lag spikes though, so i'm curious as to whether or not others are experiencing the same thing (on fresh build 24 servers, not old saves)? Very strange :(

Edited by iwawa

15 minutes ago, iwawa said:

Thank you for the hotfix earlier, wasn't expecting one within minutes of posting :D

Basically we started a new multiplayer game with 24.3 with the intention of trying to run a longer term game in order to provide more in-depth bug reports for you guys! But sadly the lag was still a considerable issue (not to the same extent as experienced with cars in every parking spot, but still noticeable), to the point where it is hard to keep people playing. Tried testing this in singleplayer as well and got the same results on two different systems, even with low vehicle spawns and 0.3x zombie spawns.

The lag increases when going near a parking lot, driving or when there are a lot of zombies nearby. Lag is not noticeable away from towns.

It is worth mentioning that this is the same type of lag we would experience in long-term games (1-3 months into the game) when testing earlier this year, which was due to a memory leak.  Obviously this isn't the case now, as it happens at the very start of a game, but it is very clearly tied to the vehicles themselves and results in similar lag spikes.

System 1:
i7 4770K
32 GB RAM
Geforce GTX 980
64 bit Windows 7

System 2:
i7 3770K
16 GB RAM
Radeon R9 390
64-bit Windows 10

Haven't seen that many people complain about lag spikes though, so i'm curious as to whether or not others are experiencing the same thing (on fresh build 24 servers, not old saves)? Very strange :(

I noticed the same thing, but it's very minor on my system. I was going to mention this and forgot to. I can provide system specs (dx diag or something else) if that will be helpful.

Edit - 

I should note, I'm playing single player.

Shin

Added further info

7 minutes ago, iwawa said:

Snip

I haven't been having any issues but my friend that likes to play with me has these problems on the vehicle build when we try to play it together. It's fine on my end and it starts off fine for him until we get near cars outside. Not sure what his exact PC specs are but he does have a good one that he does 3D animation work on as well as play other demanding games with.

12 minutes ago, iwawa said:

System 1:
i7 4770K
32 GB RAM
Geforce GTX 980
64 bit Windows 7

System 2:
i7 3770K
16 GB RAM
Radeon R9 390
64-bit Windows 10

Finally, got nice fps in singleplayer. Buuuuttttt I've got lags in MP too, seems to me its not depending on system, its more like in-game optimization 

4 minutes ago, Zeantra said:

had a bug where switching from the driver seat to front right seat in a minivan activated the engine noise (and zombies)

Agreed, the same thing has happened to me. Along those lines, I've had the engine turn over as soon as I get into the car - it doesn't happen every time, but it's quite often.

Shin

Just now, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

Agreed, the same thing has happened to me. Along those lines, I've had the engine turn over as soon as I get into the car - it doesn't happen every time, but it's quite often.

Shin

yes, i've had the engine turn over like that as well

One of my tires fell off while i was driving (Which was to be expected as it was on low health and resulted in a cool spin out into a bunch of trees) However when I went to replace the tire which the "Inflate option" did not work as before I would watch the air capacity go up whereas my character would do 2 loading bars and the air did not increase.

Vehicle keys should spawn less on the ground, because that ruins all the balance. I can literally take every car i want..

UPD: Same for the vehicles with broken parts, they spawn too often, but that might be for testing purposes.

Edited by DramaSetter

having problems with multiplayer. still desynchronizes when MP using cars. also has problems with mac joining in MP vehicles. though that may be a separate thing. some cars spawn on top of each other. pick up lots of keys in one parking lot but only one works.

On 10/20/2017 at 1:27 PM, RobertJohnson said:

Build Vehicle 24:

[Bug Fix]

• Add a null variable check in getChunkFromSquarePos function, this will hopefully fix bugs that occur after car crashes.

That error I ahd when bumping into stuff.

It turned into this

"Overflow in AABB, object removed from simulation.
If you can reproduce this, please email bugs@continuousphysics.com

Please include above information, your Platform, version of OS.

Thanks"

It shows up in the console but doesn't save into console .txt.

Everything else is the same as it was before. Nothing but Ui is rendered and everything is generally broken.

Edited by Svarog