RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

Some fnd bugs 
1) no vehicle sounds in build 24
2) loot is falling out from 100% trunk capacity
3) if you are driving a vehicle, and crush into other car, parked for example, your car is taking damage, but another don't
4) vehicles dont deal any damage to zeds
5) broken spawn zome near GIGA mart, west point

Spoiler

20171020163718_1.thumb.jpg.6ce07031cc59b1bf1fc0250e7226cc76.jpg

6) modern vehicles hardly reach 60miles, when station wagon max speed is 30miles, comparing to the previous build, all cars notedly slover 
7) engine of all cars named as "under hood"

Edited by myhappines

3 minutes ago, myhappines said:

4) vehicles dont deal any damage to zeds

6) modern vehicles hardly reach 60miles, when station wagon max speed is 30miles, comparing to the previous build, all cars notedly slover 

1. They do, you just need to drive faster. 2. I think vehicles just reaching they acceleration slower. 

Edited by DramaSetter

4 minutes ago, DramaSetter said:

. I think vehicles just reaching they acceleration slower. 

I got my foot on the floor, on the modern car 02, and hardly reach 60mph, while in previous build it was more then 90 in few seconds, slow acceleration is not realistic, i mean when you are on 5th gear, and its only 60-70 mph, really?

Still unable to try vehicles yet. All of them has "Ingnition : failure" => they turn on for a second then the engine stops. Everytime.

Of course, my game has no mods installed.

edit : Forget it, it was because I want 6 month after the apocalypse : all batteries were dead.

Edited by FlashFire

New game started with vehicle build 24.

- Vehicle doors seem to be taking damage when zombies attack it.

- Vehicle noises are gone again.

- Testing Franklin All-Terrain and it accelerates up to about 30, from standstill, with a single tap of the 'W' key.  Braking also doesn't seem to work consistently. Most of the time pressing the opposite direction key will make the car slow down, but some times it doesn't kick in properly. The space-bar doesn't seem to work consistently either. I haven't been able to narrow down reproduction steps, unfortunately, so I can't give more specifics.

Shin

13 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Could you give me direct pzmap link for the location without vehicles?

Please see picture in my post.

Edit:

・Ware house out of town:  0.46194058867392984,0.3161020932722762,35.11695798701363

Rosewood
・Fire station:  0.328735094714207,0.28799317843645367,181.19578984340242
・Police station:  0.326067004641338,0.28515186174304064,450.873107783135
・Courthouse:  0.32841384376666394,0.28502206114717143,450.873107783135
・0.3361594261740498,0.27967752248144084,87.38222889824578
・0.3479836103720568,0.27691438862720774,84.28069916883274

Edited by halkaze

Hot fix 24.2:

• Added several missing parking stall in rosewood.
  • Car parts now spawn in much more places (fossoil, shed, garage...)
  • Fixed mechanics context menu sometimes showing not needed options.
  • Now show in red when remaining battery charge is lower than 5%.
  • Fixed missplaced weight in mechanics UI.
  • Added missing cars.

I noticed in new build that things fall out of 100% trunk, it seems to be related to car speed, when i kept it under 30mph only 2 items dropped (had 50-60 items inside) on fairly long trip. Before that when i gunned it, everything dropped out in about 20 meters, had only 3 items and all of the fell out.

Pressing repeatedly U for car statistics wont close it but instead open new window for every press of the button.

also there is some sort of stuttering when driving unrelated to fps which is stable, when driving game seems to speed up and slow down in regular pattern. It seems related to zoom level, when on max zoom out it happens more ''violently''. anybody else experienced this?

Edited by Zoot

sure thing here it is

trunk.png

edit: just to add couple other things i noticed, headlights seem to be unbrakable since i had fair amount of front end crashes and they are still on 100%, also it seems bit weird that my rear tires are taking vastly more damage than front ones.

Edited by Zoot

On 19/10/2017 at 4:06 PM, trombonaught said:

Hey gang not sure which thread to post this in, but I'm not seeing any vehicles in the vehicles branch. New tires/wrenches/etc are all there, but no vehicles to work on!

Tried solo survival and local server, both with and without vehicles "ticked."

Running on a macbook pro with the latest Sierra OS.

Am I missing something?

I'm on a Macbook Pro too and haven't been able to load the last few vehicle builds at all. With this latest build, it just freezes at "This is how you died" screen and I have to force quit. With the previous builds, I'd load into a game, take a few steps and the game crashes. I've tried deleting everything and reinstalling but to no avail.  :-(

Hey guys!

I'm running zomboid on an 'old' Windows laptop (2167 Mhz, 8GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics).

Playing the normal builds in low quality hasn't been much of a problem... the vehicle build, however, is almost unplayable for me - even at 800x600 resolution.

In the future, will it be possible to turn off 3D models in the cars build? Because right now, all cars vanish when I turn it off.

I really wanna play the cars build and cannot afford a newer laptop :-D

Thanks!

taxi was working fine, but that was on previous build so im not sure that helps much, i drove to northern-west part of the map and cant find any other cars to test it out unfortunately.

Where is save file located and how would you like me to send it to you?

I gave it another try now, so i gun it out of my base take 2 right turns and in the 3rd turn screwdriver fell out as well as wheel. That made me notice 2 more things 1. inflate doesnt seem to do anything 2. after wheel fell off damaged textures of car reset to pristine.

Regarding car speed and gas consumption, this slower speed feels bit slow but more appropriate for sharp corners on the map, gas consumption seems on point.

edit: after walking away from a car and coming back, textures are again damaged ones

Edited by Zoot

1 hour ago, OffitMan said:

I'm on a Macbook Pro too and haven't been able to load the last few vehicle builds at all. With this latest build, it just freezes at "This is how you died" screen and I have to force quit. With the previous builds, I'd load into a game, take a few steps and the game crashes. I've tried deleting everything and reinstalling but to no avail.  :-(

Cool this is exactly me too. Glad it's not just me! @RobertJohnson or @EG Bot can you please confirm if this is known/if this is where we should report it? Thanks!

Edited by trombonaught

3 hours ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

New game started with vehicle build 24.

- Vehicle doors seem to be taking damage when zombies attack it.

- Vehicle noises are gone again.

- Testing Franklin All-Terrain and it accelerates up to about 30, from standstill, with a single tap of the 'W' key.  Braking also doesn't seem to work consistently. Most of the time pressing the opposite direction key will make the car slow down, but some times it doesn't kick in properly. The space-bar doesn't seem to work consistently either. I haven't been able to narrow down reproduction steps, unfortunately, so I can't give more specifics.

Shin

Thanks for the quick updates!

Started a new game with 24.2, and I'm still seeing moments where braking isn't working. It's most pronounced when driving in reverse. Back up -> brake or acceleate forward -> car continues to slide backwards like it's on ice.