RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

2 hours ago, Man_In_The_Purple_Hat said:

I don't see how them adding realistic features is really a big deal. I get it, you're impatient for NPC's just like all the others on the steam community crying over them. Personally it could take until 2020 for all I care for them to release NPC's, and I'd still be happily playing and checking in on the updates. You know why? Because I want them to actually take there time with the game, to make it actually ya know, GOOD. Option rich, plenty of skills and realistic effects. This game is supposed to be  realistic zombie survival game and to be completely honest I hope they add in all those ideas you mentioned. I'm not a car enthusiast at all, but I want the car build to be good and not rushed. Why on earth would someone just want them to crap out a build, especially one like vehicles and have them add nothing to it. That's like ordering a steak and have them bring you the bones and fat... And to say "oh you'll be waiting till 2019 for them to finish, obviously you dont know much about coding because its relatively easy to code those kind of additions. NPC's on the other hand, will be FAR from easy, there going to be realistic AI to be able to support themselves in the game world, hince why there being saved for very last, and it would be ignorant for them to not wait till the end to make them. Oh and another thing, car capacity is only 200 on the open bed trucks, other cars are around 70 and under, but no I don't think there OP at all because of the realistic repercussions of carrying a full load of crap to point a to b. What would be OP is if they shat out the vehicle build with only having to gas up and turn a key, that would be so stupid if they wasted a perfect opportunity like this to add more features like the  mechanic profession and all the customizations and perks with it. If you don't like it, fine don't use the options, but there won't be some poll because you don't want them to add what they (and most of us) want to add into THIER game. Sorry but most of us on here like the realisim of the game, we don't want a rushed hunk of crap that's boring to play, and luckily for us, the devs know this and agree.

I am a software engineer with 15+ years experience so yeah I would say I know some coding. I understand all about quality and wanting everything in software including the kitchen sink but time/schedules is always factored in. Also, you did not understand my ETA examples at all. Not much else to say to except about your 'rushed hunk of crap' comment but look at the most recent builds, including the vehicle branch, the IWBUMS branch and most importantly the release branch where there have been serious if not game breaking bugs. Some of these bugs were caused by new features. You can go defend the state of game all you want. For others like me we just want answers when they promised things years ago and some of these things haven't even seen the light of day. Over and out.

Sure, it's been a bad couple weeks in terms of build stability, but planned features or time-frames isn't the cause of that. TIS simply outgrew it's current pipeline after hiring on new staff. It's being replaced now, as discussed elsewhere on the forum. 

Keep in mind when criticizing build 38, that this is the first time a save-breaking bug made it into the release build in over two years. (The last one, if I recall correctly, was simply canned food disappearing.). The sky isn't falling, despite how embarrassing it is to have similar issues in the the non-stable vehicle build. At least it's not the public stable build, again.

We'll learn our lessons and move on.

13 hours ago, umagaar said:

I've also been asking this question on this thread, on my own separate thread in the support section, on the subreddit and on the official discord server, but I have gotten no reply anywhere. Is it possible to get a response on this?

Developers please have the common courtesy of answering our question since quoting you  "we have also provided the previous Vehicles Build 21 on a separate Steam beta branch so you can continue your game without issues. It can be accessed through the beta tab and is called ‘previousvehicle.’" How do we get to 21 since 22 loads on 'previousvehicle'

5 hours ago, Ceadda said:

Developers please have the common courtesy of answering our question since quoting you  "we have also provided the previous Vehicles Build 21 on a separate Steam beta branch so you can continue your game without issues. It can be accessed through the beta tab and is called ‘previousvehicle.’" How do we get to 21 since 22 loads on 'previousvehicle'

Sorry my bad, previousvehicle is back in 21 now :) (not dedicated, i'll do it now, give it 5 minutes)

Just i'd like to know: why you seek for 21? Your save isn't loading on latest 23?

5 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Sorry my bad, previousvehicle is back in 21 now :) (not dedicated, i'll do it now, give it 5 minutes)

Just i'd like to know: why you seek for 21? Your save isn't loading on latest 23?

My 21 save broke with 23, lost everything in my defended position including my vehicles. I have limited time to play the game so I enjoy playing 21 until some of the bugs are worked out of 23. I don't have the knowledge to report the bugs and the game keeps crashing for me in 23.  Looking forward to the new 23 cars being stable. 

1 hour ago, Ceadda said:

My 21 save broke with 23, lost everything in my defended position including my vehicles. I have limited time to play the game so I enjoy playing 21 until some of the bugs are worked out of 23. I don't have the knowledge to report the bugs and the game keeps crashing for me in 23.  Looking forward to the new 23 cars being stable. 

Could you send me your savefile so I can check what's wrong? Cheers :)

Hey gang not sure which thread to post this in, but I'm not seeing any vehicles in the vehicles branch. New tires/wrenches/etc are all there, but no vehicles to work on!

Tried solo survival and local server, both with and without vehicles "ticked."

Running on a macbook pro with the latest Sierra OS.

Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, trombonaught said:

Hey gang not sure which thread to post this in, but I'm not seeing any vehicles in the vehicles branch. New tires/wrenches/etc are all there, but no vehicles to work on!

Tried solo survival and local server, both with and without vehicles "ticked."

Running on a macbook pro with the latest Sierra OS.

Am I missing something?

Where did you spawn?

Spawns are missing from more than a few places right now

20 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

As our glorious leader said.

Next version will have way more zone (riverwood/march ridge, dixie..) still missing a few one (in smallish area), I may be able to do them tomorrow before the version :)

Yaaay! Very excited for build 24 tbh! I had to go back to the stable build using the car mod since cars keep respawning every load lol. So do you mean build 24 will be out sometime tomorrow? Or the day following?

36 minutes ago, Man_In_The_Purple_Hat said:

Yaaay! Very excited for build 24 tbh! I had to go back to the stable build using the car mod since cars keep respawning every load lol. So do you mean build 24 will be out sometime tomorrow? Or the day following?

Yup tomorrow, i'm finishing traffic jam atm :)

The cars respawning is fixed :)

8 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Where did you spawn?

Spawns are missing from more than a few places right now

8 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

As our glorious leader said.

Next version will have way more zone (riverwood/march ridge, dixie..) still missing a few one (in smallish area), I may be able to do them tomorrow before the version :)

Thanks for the tip, I was spawning in Rosewood, buuut...

Trying to spawn in Muld freezes on the "click to start" screen.

I tried going back to the old vehicle build, and that one loads to the spawn, everything seems to render, then red box gets halfway on screen before crash.

Any other mac users having this kind of trouble?

Build Vehicle 24:

[New]

• Show engine volume as a visible stat in car part details.
  • Added missing parking stall zones in Rosewood, March Ridge, Dixie and other locations.
  • Player with relevant skills and items can now repair damaged trunks directly in the Mechanic UI.    
  • Deflated tires can now drop off your car instead of bursting.
  • Vehicle control and behaviour now impacted when going off-road.
  • Added suspension parts. Low condition suspension will make for a bumpier ride.
  • Added missing mask and light to cars.                                                                     
  • Added in-game car manufacturer brands and model names.
  • Added traffic congestion and wrecks. Some big traffic jams are hard-coded, you'll always see them and are part of the game lore. Others are spawned randomly, but will generally be smaller in scale.
  • Balanced how traffic jams and wrecks spawn: extra randomization to positioning, vehicles at the front of the queue should appear in an orderly fashion, while those at the back are more haphazard.
  • New sandbox option: Enable Car Wreck Congestion (default true), set it to false to remove all traffic jams spawning.
  • Added several new car textures damage by Mash.
  • Updated car's shadow.

[Balance]

• Balanced parking stall zone vehicle spawn.
  • Balanced West Point, Riverside and Muldraugh vehicle spwaning, rich houses have a higher chance of spawning higher quality vehicles.
  • Removed ability to uninstall a trunk and other vehicle containers.
  • Reduced chances of items falling from a damaged trunk.
  • Updated naming: some old parts now of a 'Valu' brand, Modern becomes 'Performance' etc.
  • Balanced how car stops when having no control (engine brake), should be more smooth now.
  • Removed "Old Brake" item (they won't spawn anymore on a car but you can still install them).
  • Polished Mechanics UI bit more.

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed one of the compact cars not having a driver seat.
  • Fixed car key duplication when switching seats.
  • Fixed errors when loading a new save (Bullet wasn't present).
  • Fixed opened trunk acting like there was no trunk when driving and all your loot falling out.
  • Update physics when starting a Mechanic activity - previously when removing a tire on a stationary vehicle physics weren't updated.
  • Fixed removing a tire releasing all air pressure.
  • Add a null variable check in getChunkFromSquarePos function, this will hopefully fix bugs that occur after car crashes.
  • Fixed some vehicles appearing too bright.
  • Fixed compact car's missing shadow.
  • Fixed a bunch of scripting errors for vehicles.
  • Fixed not getting your keys back when running out of gas.
  • Fixed being able to start a car for a few seconds while having no gas left.
  • Fixing not being able to sleep in a car.
  • Fixed a bug in part spawning inventory item calculation.
  • Fixed some burnt cars not having textures.
  • [Building rendering fixes]
  • Player-built fences are now hidden correctly when on south or east side of the upper floor of a structure.
  • Small roof tiles that overhang the edges of first floor roofs are now hidden when the player walks behind them.
  • Slightly increased ‘window peek’ distance.
  • Can now hide multiple buildings if they are blocking our view of the player. Previously only the closest to the player was hidden.
  • Southeast corners of walls or thin pillars would be hidden incorrectly when not obscuring our view of the player.
  • Improved detection of player-built floors for visibility culling. Stops walkways being wrongly hidden.
  • Added back trove.jar to dedicated server.

19 minutes ago, DramaSetter said:

Stupid question, but: will  "traffic jams" spawn in old saves or i should make new?

They'll spawn in new save, go check the big crossroad between Muldraugh & Rosewood ;)

Edit: how wait,t hey may not spawn 'cause of the new meta_zones.. mmph, guess we'll have to test :D

i'm refering to this btw: https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.4704744323935416,0.3340746729216971,69.50922315674495

27 minutes ago, M'aiq The Liar said:

I'm really impressed with how good the vehicle damage looks, Some of the old ones however need to either be remade or removed. ^_^

Reveal hidden contents

so good.

All will be done for next version :)