RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

3 minutes ago, Minnigin said:

tire air leaks out waaaay to fast, I don't have to refill my tires air once a week :?

If it takes a literal week in game, then I'm going with "how else would anyone playing the game see it?", The same reason erosion defaults to 100 days, even though trees don't grow that fast.

So how fast is it leaking / how severe is it?

13 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

Leo its had frame compensation in the game for years. You still miss the frames you always do and time has always skipped ahead during pauses only difference is there isn't a bug causing the game to slow down after the lost frames.

Ah, that's interesting! I was never aware that the "game slowing down" was a bug. I gotten so used to it that playing the game without it feels scary. I'll explain.

Playing the newer vehicle build has had my game freeze to 0 frames (Stuttering) for a chunk of time, after which my character would end up in a different part of the map (that is, if I held down run button/etc). Because of this I imagine I would haveten find myself running head first into a horde during stuttering, and having to maneuver my way out of being grabbed after stuttering is gone.

Worse for vehicles, I might miss a turn and crash into a tree while the stuttering wouldn't even let me react to it. 

With the "slowdown" bug, I could at least feel safe that the FPS lag won't cause my character's death. Now I am not so certain.

1 hour ago, LeoIvanov said:

Ah, that's interesting! I was never aware that the "game slowing down" was a bug. I gotten so used to it that playing the game without it feels scary. I'll explain.

Playing the newer vehicle build has had my game freeze to 0 frames (Stuttering) for a chunk of time, after which my character would end up in a different part of the map (that is, if I held down run button/etc). Because of this I imagine I would haveten find myself running head first into a horde during stuttering, and having to maneuver my way out of being grabbed after stuttering is gone.

Worse for vehicles, I might miss a turn and crash into a tree while the stuttering wouldn't even let me react to it. 

With the "slowdown" bug, I could at least feel safe that the FPS lag won't cause my character's death. Now I am not so certain.

How much memory is used in process monitor when these happen?

What are your specs?

1 hour ago, OnceYouKillACow said:

Two problems I'm having when i try to do multiplayer through steam it crashes.And in single player it spawns no vehicles what so ever.

Set enable Vehicles to false on the server and start a new map. Its a bug with the option.

This is (technically) why I was scared to make a post about this. I haven't monitored either FPS or how much memory was used. I've just booted the game up to "test" how the game worked and wrote my dominant thoughts about this.

My specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz
6GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Basic, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
Nvidia GeForce GT 525M (1024MB DDR3)

Edit: I Do have to note that I haven't booted up vehicle branch at all ever since vehicles were introduced, so I can't compare to how the game played *before* on the same branch. In my opinion, the amount of FPS lag kind of remained the same as with previous public builds (which I think is good, considering the amount of new features introduced?), with the only notable difference being the fact that my character now moves during the micro-freezes instead of the game going "slow-mo".

Edit#2: I'll try and give a more detailed thoughts on how the game plays in appropriate topic (The Project Zomboid needs YOU (Yes, you) ). I wrote here just to try and raise the concern over the lack of "slow-mo" during fps lag that used to be in the game.

Edited by LeoIvanov

hi so the UI:

really slow now. so much so that the loot box cant keep up with the game.

example: standing next to 6 crates. normally i would use the mouse wheel to scroll through the contents. i can see each crate being high lighted. but the loot contents box cant keep up and just dislpays the first boxes contents.

key presses struggling: thought toggle run was turned off - but it was just that the game couldnt pick up the key press correctly . if i tap run sometimes it runs - sometimes it doesnt - not sure i explained that too well

quitting the game or cliking anything in options is very slow and most times requires 2 clicks. first click on any menu option seems to just highlight - second click registers.

creating character - normally you little avatar runs in the window - this time its so slow they appear to be walking very slowly instread of jogging.

drag and dropping is hard - sometimes you have to do it a few times before it registers.

EDIT: also flood bar when you take actions (filling bottle etc) doestn go smooth anymore - just blips.

loot box: takes 1 or 2 seconds to show contents of anything it used to be instant - so looting is very slow

Edited by junglistjim
forgot stuff

The UI is extremely laggy. Not unplayable but significant to the point of note.

Running into the black squares (navigating the map in vehicles and admin character) now seems to be much more of a problem.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

AMD Radeon HD 7500 Series

10GB RAM

talking about Shortcuts :

• Would like to have the ability to play in AZERTY (I Don't change to QWERTY to play, because chat become hard) :
    • have to do [Shift] + numbers to use these keys (and select weapons) but make an exploit bug :
      I have to push [Shift], so If i'm running, I can equip my axe while running ! :huh: (but no desequip,  so have to walk to desequip current hand, then i can run while equip my axe). 
    • Some keys can't be used as shortcut
  • Esc key is really annoying to avort an action ! because :
    • Can't go to option menu while performing long action (already said)
    • Exit chat write stop action (because mainly chat during long action)
  • Non pertinent weapons selection, shortcut are almost while rushing :
    • If sledgehammer and axe in inventory , then autoEquip first sledhammer ! Should be axe !
    • don't know order for fire weapons, but almost autoEquip the weapon with no ammo ! should be ordered by fully loaded weapon. then you can carry 3/4 guns fully loaded and when no ammo, just hit shortcut, to equip next guns !
    • Hit shortcut again should not desequip weapon (may the useless shortcut of the game). Should equip sledgehammer if axe (and inverse). and next gun for guns shortcut. Then this become really efficiency.
  • further  (I'm sure that was already exposed) : Add a second progress bar above player to display remaining ammo !

Others :

• light pillar still haven't collision box with Car. that's good garage door waiting nexts release
  • In MP, with the bug who don't show name above player give me an other view : Don't know the player name and his position in all case (who isn't really coherant for immersion). It seems to me  that should the case only if in player is in PvP mod, for player of the faction and the safehouse members !
    Would like to have to ask : "Who are you", "what's your name"
    For me, this is an other things that make the MP more "let's fight and plunder" than "let's survive".
    (there is really few advantage to players who want build together than them who want fight others together)

DAMN ! We can attack from inside car !! but :

• Should be restricted to a window cone range.
  • There is no need to open window. 
  • don't think stabbing should be allowed for axe, sledgehammer, and other big weapons.
  • If i stop my car with my seat against a wall i can stresless kill all zombies coming.
    With axe : stop the car against a wall corner, leaving overtaking a little bit my door to be in contact with zombies but not enough to allow them to reach door, then i can hit until i reach the breaking axe.

following : may add for us, a tolerance to access hood and engine ( can work on engine by the side). and for Zombie to hit without be enterily facing the door.

Ui : It seems that is as speed car limit ? that will comeback ?

• The only key missing I had is worth : Aim key stop to work, have to use WASD to turn around. have to reload game to work again.
  • The unsmooth progress transfert bar is visually ugly, because we see best, but It doesn't matter if increase a little bit game performance !
  • problem who occur before, [CTRL] in inventory window (select all, add), fail if I play too fast. because some [CTRL] do aim (almost firsts) and if i don't wait for the unexpected aim animation to finish, transfert fail (not selection), so big frustating to restart when a "inverse selection" could be usefull !
  • Pin window should lock the position too (prevent to move). 
Edited by arkahys

On 17/03/2018 at 9:17 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

So how fast is it leaking / how severe is it?

My erosion is set to 200 days and I have to refill my tires every time I do a run, which is like every 3 game days ( game days are 2 hours )

On 3/17/2018 at 6:04 PM, MaxD12 said:

Today i find bugs with car's heathers.If i get into the car in any seat (excluding driver seat) and choose  radial vehicle menu option "heather",the red error small screen appears.Try it mostly in Rosewood where all cars that i've choosed has this error(Chevalier Nyala&Dart,Masterson Horizon,Dash Buldriver,Stepvan).
In Muldraugh one Franklin All-Terrain and  one Chevalier Nyala don't have this error but  one Taxi had it.
Here is traceback for Muldraugh and screen of probably UI or texture bug  with temperature control button in heather's temperature menu that appears in every car in my game:

PZ traceback_1.txt

20180317194358_1.jpg

20180317194358_1.jpg

Hey, MaxD12 the links to these images seem to be broken. Could you re-upload, please?

32 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

Hey, MaxD12 the links to these images seem to be broken. Could you re-upload, please?

Sure,this is some images of that bug.In all cars that i've seen this bug looks the same-and it's little uncomfortable to control  the heater temperature (just now noticed that i wrote "heather" in my previous post,sorry for my english if i will make any mistakes in my posts)

20180317194428_1.jpg

20180317194358_1.jpg

20180317194207_1.jpg

42 minutes ago, MaxD12 said:

Sure,this is some images of that bug.In all cars that i've seen this bug looks the same-and it's little uncomfortable to control  the heater temperature (just now noticed that i wrote "heather" in my previous post,sorry for my english if i will make any mistakes in my posts)

Just stick car keys in the ignition and see what happens :)

Thanks, for the report!

19 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

Just stick car keys in the ignition and see what happens :)

Thanks, for the report!

Yes,now heater works fine,i never noticed before that heather requires car keys.Always glad to help :)
Just now noticed this strange display of player and zombies nearby some cars doors.Definitely reminds  me to build before 37-38 when it was not fixed.In previous build 38 i don't remember this issue

20180320154141_1.jpg

20180320154537_1.jpg

20180320154453_1.jpg

20180320155026_1.jpg

20180320155221_1.jpg

20180320155037_1.jpg

if we remove all messages on issues well known by devs of Z buffer, this subject will hold in 25 pages...

Talking about Z buffer, I test to do some secret passages or rooms, I partially succeed, with Big bookshelves (which without collision box), by destruct the wall behind it, I think it's a good things to keep in this state (not add the collision box) to add such features.
But If I place a wooden door frame after that (to hide the visible upper hole), it appear ahead bookshelve. (spoiling the secret passage effect)

I ask if it possible to "correct" this not by prevent removing wall behind, but by put built objects behind the bookshelve (wall door frame, and door) thereby add kind secret passage ability.
I'm disappointed too by try to do trap with the same trick (removing object behind) with carpet at the first floor (removing floor below), but the carpet seems to have a solid state (should be crossed and may removed. zombies should take this tiles for a solid floor )

Edited by arkahys

3 hours ago, MaxD12 said:

Yes,now heater works fine,i never noticed before that heather requires car keys.Always glad to help :)
Just now noticed this strange display of player and zombies nearby some cars doors.Definitely reminds  me to build before 37-38 when it was not fixed.In previous build 38 i don't remember this issue

This is a known issue with a fix "in the works". Soon... 

6 minutes ago, Brex said:

Seems like every new update creates more problems than it solves. 

thinking about it, and finding adds who seems don't appear in update details. I think more to : adds generate as much bugs as they correct, sometimes less, sometimes more. But it's most of the time frustating....