RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

upon the first time hitting esc after loading my save it takes the white project zomboid lettering in the top left about 8-10 seconds to appear and until you can slightly see it you can't click options, quit or resume, hitting esc returns you to the game instantly though. But after it happens it goes away the next time you hit esc.

Performance in this build is a much, much worse than before.

I have much freezes, stuttering occurs every 5 second when drive vehicles, it often happen when on foot (in previous build it works fine).

Build 37 was a really playble for me, only hordes cause freezes and stuttering, when I have group of 10-20 zombies it not lag at all.

32 minutes ago, B33ware said:

I have much freezes, stuttering occurs every 5 second when drive vehicles, it often happen when on foot (in previous build it works fine).

Build 37 was a really playble for me, only hordes cause freezes and stuttering, when I have group of 10-20 zombies it not lag at all.

What PC specs are you running the game on? I'm extremely surprised by this. All tests we've done have shown the best performance the game has had, by a significant margin, since the first release of the game.

Just now, Anishka said:

Black screen and then crashing while launching the game. What's the matter, guys?

Can you give us your console output? C:/users/YourUserName/Zomboid/console.txt

Upload it to www.pastebin.com and put the link here and I'll have a look. Might just be an installation problem.

sound :

• stereo is overdone in 3 tiles around players. Again sound lower in some car direction but zombie sound when close to player too !
  • duplicate sounds ( zombies shout, crashs, pick up, start engine failure )
  • On start engine failure, If I retry too fast sound duplicate. Old sound should stop if retry.
  • if i go behind a car I don't hear engine. (sound stop as soon as i pass engine)
  • idle sound of dart seems lower than others
  • When in the car : sound of engine is really too high.

driving :

• Do you Temper the speedometer ? it seems that display a higher speed ! I'am a snail when display 50 ! 
    Would talk about that before, but with this release it's becoming a little bit ridiculous !
    ( all speed mentioned after that are with the tempered speedometer)
  • if drive faster than 120, needle go out of screen.
  • it seems that damages on zombie is good only facing north, in other direction have to be at 90
  • car slowdown too much at medium speed ( 30-80 ) when hit a zombie (seems there is a random on it or not all collision are applied) 
  • When pass over a zombie, car dance when hit the zombie at the bumper, but not after, near wheel. shouldn't be only at the same time than the slowdown and hit. Car dance not enough for the tall of a corpse.
  • car don't dance on a corpse (already dead zombie), only on fresh hit
  • car should move corpse when pass over it
  • Zombie animation when not strike enough (trample back and fall) is not appropriated for car, they should fall instantly as they die.
  • car should dance only on a side when drive partially on grass. actually, car begin to dance when the entire car hang over too much on the grass
  • if i go out the car at 90 , I haven't any damage,  and the car stop shorten than i can brake (actually usefull when see obstacle too late )
  • car move too much when strike it.
  • no hand brake :
    •  brake should be with key [back], and hand brake with [space]
    • hand brake should have a log on dashboard, to park. with a random of braked or not for car spawning
    • Then when crash on a car, for a no-handbraked, car will ride alone (in the wheel direction)
  • car should plunge when braking. it will give a good brake sensation.
  • rarely car stop alone, with key put in inventory.
  • with lag, car accelerate fewer, have to zoom max too accelerate. So the speed car depending of engine HP and my processor ! lol. can't see where i go, because i hurt something before reaching the speed to camera see further !
  • Too many keys of car !!! and balance seems wrong : should find many more in houses, and very few on ignition / ground / glove box
  • can we see tire tracks when turning too much ? or handbraking, if added...

Graphic :

• heater button, ramplight, etc.. not showing correctly
  • concrete blocks are shine at night here don't know at other place.
  • last point make me think that some things may shine with car light ( signs, concrete blocks, etc...), could give a pretty aspect !
  • concrete block have not the good collision box. it is as a fence : on the edge of tiles, should be at center of tile.
  • this signs is on the street yet !

food : Thanks for milk !

• Milk is more realistic in houses. In market, with the numbers of differents fruits and vegetables, proportions seems maybe still a little not enough. 
  • In etalages markets :
    • should found (many more) flour, sugar, yeast, eggs, vinegar, common foods who are not directly eatable, so nobody take it. But less fruits and vegetables.
    • fruits and vegetables shouldn't be in fridge because they are already on classic shelves. It is a house excercise, not done in markets.
  • a better division : could be very realistic if spawning process stack same items in same container of a room/market .

Performance :

• I confirm this release is worth than previous one, very very laggy even by foot !
  • better driving control !
  • mechanic menu is so slowww to open (and laggy)
  • radial menu as same lake as right click menu : close to refresh. I would like to open "V" menu and when near car, the "open door" appear (talk about in dangerous situation with zombies around, where have to perform an action quickly). So isntant refresh of "V" menu, and right click menu should be very very usefull too !

I will Post a review whenof this reports I will understand more, seeing that performance strangely change

Edited by arkahys

58 minutes ago, Rathlord said:

At first glance, looks like you have a mod installed that's probably not compatible with brand new build :P

Could it be Hydrocraft? I read in console output that there were a lot of lost pieces during the loading

7 minutes ago, Anishka said:

Could it be Hydrocraft? I read in console output that there were a lot of lost pieces during the loading

Im using Hydrocraft just fine, old save too

edit : late post, ignore

Edited by Minnigin

If anyone can report on their performance, especially driving around, running, etc compared to old builds that'd be really useful for us.

Please note that we're tracking an issue with compatibility mode (also turning off zoom in menu). Just uh... don't, for now. It's bad. We're aware of it :P

1 hour ago, B33ware said:

As stated before, tell us more about your hardware. 

Also, what ingame options are you running? Have you tried setting the framerate lock to uncapped?

35 minutes ago, Rathlord said:

lease note that we're tracking an issue with compatibility mode (also turning off zoom in menu). Just uh... don't, for now. It's bad. We're aware of it :P

hmm.. I'am not sure, I understand, even with google translate...
If i turn off zoom, interface is flickering, so i can't play in this mod. also, disable or enable zoom auto check all zoom level. If i uncheck them, when apply they become again checked. Have to modify this during game to be really applied.
Don't remember that in older release my game lag even during loading (mouse freeze, music cut).
Less micro-freeze during driving but more by foot (so I think it is general game, car itself seems less buggy).
I don't play in zoom min. Only dezoom rarely to specific action.

no shader, corpse 3D, 3D player +2, tiles x2, refresh 30, 
Linux64, i3 3,2gh x4, 4G ram (2,8Go free for the game), integer intel HD4x00

Edited by arkahys

@Kim Jong Un .... Definitely not saying there isn't a problem, however I am getting experience from TVs just fine.

Also, I'm not experiencing the lag spikes everyone else is.  I have noticed two bugs so far in MP:

1.)  Speedometers appear to be broken.  Maybe I don't understand the new setting, but on a server with an 80mph limit I was consistently pinging the speedometer and the needle would go off the screen.  It's kind of weird.  At first it works but then as I speed up and slow down it starts to go past the 80mph, almost like it doesn't go down at a rate matching what it goes up at.

2.)  Restarting two new servers I had zero vehicles.  It turns out that if you have both your in game vehicle option checked and the server host option checked they cancel each other out.

I love the changes to the inventory UI.  The transparency is much greater now.  Not sure if that's intentional or I'm just crazy.  Also, the game is playing a lot smoother for me so far.  Need to do more testing, but thank you!

Edited by SonaGX

Local Co-op seems to be broken, I'm getting around 6000 of these errors:

Mar 15, 2018 4:07:17 PM zombie.iso.IsoCell render
SEVERE: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at zombie.iso.IsoCell.IsDissolvedSquare(IsoCell.java:1392)
	at zombie.iso.IsoCell.RenderTiles(IsoCell.java:905)
	at zombie.iso.IsoCell.render(IsoCell.java:4899)
	at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.render(IsoWorld.java:2881)
	at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.renderframe(IngameState.java:849)
	at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.render(IngameState.java:1015)
	at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.render(GameStateMachine.java:37)
	at zombie.GameWindow.render(GameWindow.java:732)
	at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1309)
	at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1077)
	at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:183)