RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

26 minutes ago, arkahys said:
  • Claustrophobic : Even If I destruct walls (straight line) of a bedroom and even 2 walls (of 4 sides), claustrophobic effect don't deseaper and I can't sleep. I found only one place in West Point where I can sleep inside, and was in the living room ! With actual mechanic, Should be an ability to claustrophobic trait to "clic sleep" if panicLvl is =<1, then "claustrophobic penality is disabled" and player  go in a "waiting clam down state" and sleep when/if panic go away.

We just now experienced this on our server, since this is the first time we've tried claustrophobia on our characters.

Our base is in the storage units at the edge of West Point. Inside, the hallways don't induce panic, but the little storage rooms do. So we broke down a bunch of walls, to open the area up. Despite having no more walls around it, if we step onto a tile that was once walled up inside the unit, we instantly become panicked. 
Not sure if that's a bug, or just some wonky coding; but it's a bit of a bummer. We were looking forward to remodeling the storage units, but now we have random unwalled areas that induce panic. But as soon as we step onto the tiles that were the original hallway, we start to calm down again.

31 minutes ago, SonaGX said:

We just now experienced this on our server, since this is the first time we've tried claustrophobia on our characters.

[...] we start to calm down again.

It is due to actual room system. ( as lights issues)
Actually the best way is to build a floor in attic, you will have the capacity to powering by generator, and sleep with claustrophobia in a 2x2 tile if you want !

Edited by arkahys

I hope to see the popup headlights on the Chevalier Cossette instead of using its turn signals as head lights.

the Dash Rancher  headlights and taillights dont seem to light up at all.

with the taillights in game dont seem to to have reverse lights (white lights lightup)

1 minute ago, Tails said:

I hope to see the popup headlights on the Chevalier Cossette instead of using its turn signals as head lights.

I always noticed that the Cossette's headlights don't actually function. I'm not sure where the decision came to put them where the turn signals are supposed to be, but I'm chalking it up to a modeling issue.

I mean, they have the outline on the model for the headlights and everything, so they are definitely there.

8 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

I always noticed that the Cossette's headlights don't actually function. I'm not sure where the decision came to put them where the turn signals are supposed to be, but I'm chalking it up to a modeling issue.

I mean, they have the outline on the model for the headlights and everything, so they are definitely there.

Or, just like showing the interiors of cars and opened and closed doors, it's something that's not easily supported by the older model system used in this version of the game. It's a placeholder.

On 3/12/2018 at 6:40 PM, arkahys said:

It is due to actual room system. ( as lights issues)
Actually the best way is to build a floor in attic, you will have the capacity to powering by generator, and sleep with claustrophobia in a 2x2 tile if you want !

Claustrophobia in PZ is just a simple "are you indoors?" check. Room size shouldn't make any difference.

Though maybe one day that'll change.

4 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Claustrophobia in PZ is just a simple "are you indoors?" check. Room size shouldn't make any difference.

Then something is definitely weird. Because we've slept in living rooms with no problem, provided the room was large enough. Also, in the storage units, the hallways of the building don't induce panic, despite being inside, only the small rooms of the individual storage units trigger the panic. So, we've set up our beds in the hallways for now, lol.

I know there are much more pressing concerns right now, but yeah, it would be nice if one day it got updated. That, and cat's eyes, lol. (We play with Pitch Black darkness, and cat's eyes do next to nothing for that mode. But it's also a tad frustrating that cat's eyes only "work" between 11pm and 3am, and therefore are not helpful whatsoever when exploring buildings after the power is out. Also it starts to get pretty dark for us at 9pm, so not having cat's eyes work for another two hours is harsh.)

Which reminds me, with the vehicles headlights, the cone of light is a touch too narrow. Playing on pitch black, it almost virtually impossible to see the road in front of you with such a narrow cone of light at the front of the car. We were trying to turn on a narrow drive, into the country club, and we basically had to guess and pray that we were turning onto the driveway, and that we had turned enough/didn't overturn, and smack into some trees. The light right now is like this: \/, but is should honestly be a bit more like \__/

:-D

• key Icon above player (who mean I have got the car key):
    • shouldn't appear when car is hirewired
      Or a different icon, but i think shouldn't be displayed because before you see ignition you can't know that the car is hirewired and drivable
    • Icon appear even floor above or behind the car, so if I build living floor above garage,  the key appear all the time, in kitchen, bedroom, etc...
  • "No mechanic action" are displayed in mechanic progress bar (if i saw logs, that appear as I install/remove part of car, with "flash succes" of the saw !)
  • "flash succes" don't stop.
  • By foot, "flat sidewalk" aren't disturbing, but a car who don't react to sidewalk step give a heavy only drawing effect.
  • 6 seat Van with lateral door ( still door / seat problems) :
    Spoiler
    • access the rear seat by facing car behind rear wheel isn't pretty. 2 seat (container) should be displayed when facing lateral door: middle and rear seat. And sit down on rear seat should be done by latteral door, not behind rear wheel.
    • open lateral door on a side "open rear seat" of 2 side
  • Car parts :
    • The difference between shock damages and usury from driving is no enough high. I damage the car with  shock as far as driving.
    • I'am very surprise that there is no radiator part ! who is more sensitive and aftereffect than muffler !
      Spoiler
      • Should be the first part damaged when frontal shock and hurting zombies.
      • slowly damaging engine when radiator is damaged
      • smoking and stoping car when drive too much or fast with a damaged radiator.
    • Muffler : With all cars I have got (and around me), I never change or repare muffler, but radiator breakdown was encounter many times ! I think this too highly damaging part is an error by confound muffler and catalytic converter.
      Spoiler
      • muffler : In 90's was essentially a tube, no more ! In a normal usage,  must be changed only because rust, so only very old cars ! the excessive noise is due to an hole in it.
      • catalityc converter (who was mainly in established at the late 90's !) a little more sensitive part than muffler but not really more destructive because there is no mechanical, rotative part. need some clean past some years,  for anti-pollution control, but I'am more concerned by some strange people on the road when i play, than pollution !
      • this part should be damaged by shock, very few by driving usury.
      • I take a look of some breakdown statistic and it is evident that muffler isn't in the top 10 list !
        ( stack disk with brake, and others to shorten the list)
        batteries > brakes > timing belt > electronic > injection > cooling > lights > starter/pomp/etc > Heater.
        there is no muffler !
    • Brakes : I think separate disk/shoe and pads could be a good things. separate breakdown and driving wear.
      • Pad need less skill and really less weight/space, usury by driving, few by shock.
      • disk/shoe may little more weight. Damage with shock, few by usury.
    • suspension are really lightweight ! wieght more close to wheel than brake !
  • When you drive on screw, nails or sharp weapons you should have chance to burst wheel. So you can do a block road with line of nails on the road
  • When you remove more than 1 wheel :
    • remove 2 wheel and the car seems "in air". Vehcles should tilt on axle when 2 adjacent wheel are removed. changing tilt direction when a 3rd wheel is removed, and totally fall on axle when the 4 are missing.
    • should use object to prop car when removing more than 1 wheel. Put logs for wedges for exemple !
    • remove 2 wheel or more should damage parts in contact with the ground : brake, suspension if car is leaved on ground.
    • Remove 4 wheel withtout wedges should damage muffler ! ( but not when we drive ! lol )
  • Should find striped car, without wheels, standing on logs, missing parts and doors
  • I comeback to camera : Could camera move forward at lower speed ? Not really distrurbing for heavy PC, because unzoom max, and you see in front. Think to light PC, I'am playing in relatively +zoom to not to lag.
    Accident with unseen objects or turns are common. Read and see that others too !
  • In cloth shop : one tile cloth stand have a capacity of 65. that's too much
  • Food (and spawn balance) :
    • There is no milk, flour, eggs, vinegar, yeast yet to the Mall and grocery while are a really the most common food !
    • it seems that there is only fruits, vegetables and chips in food market yet ?
    • In PZ no humans knows arrange cupboards and etalages ? I know the process of random spawning, but this give a same container effect when many on a raw. ( kitchen, bathroom, market, etc.. ) I don't kown how shops are declared in map edition but in a room (or market if possible) instead of :
      Spoiler

while "numbers of container of the room" do
       randomItems > container
      end

should better (I pseudo write in code, It seems more easy to explain) some sorts items by room in containers :
      Spoiler

RandomItems x "nbrs container" = RoomObjects
      "Nbr ItemName in RoomObjects" / "nbr of container" = NbrItemsByCtn
      while "numbers of container of the room" do
      fill container with NbrItemsByCtn
      end

Thus we will not find a spoon, a buter knif and a chili can in each container of a kitchen but 2/3 spoon in one, 3/4 knif in other, etc.... for Market some container will get 4 banana and 3 tomates, other 8 pickles and 5 peaches. Really more realistic !
      The following step is to categorizing a little mor than food, weapons, etc... then kitchen tools could be in a container, household products in other one, food in other with same kind of simple script....
      On food : fruits, vegetables, meat, dairy, drink, cans, dry food, cookable. "Useless items" : care, cleaning, dishes, furniture, etc.. etc.. etc..
    • Proportions of fruits, vegetables, chips, canned food // flour, yeast, vinegar, etc.. aren't representing at all of a evacuation or precipitated departure as you want to feel. People will leave with easy eating food ! not with cooking food : flour vinegar etc.... seems thats inverted ! thereby increase cooking become necessary to use cookable food that people don't bring with them !
    • I was cooker for a while, taught to friends, and I think there should be skill lvl min for some recips. if should have an add by lvl : microwave=0 (lol), pot/slice=1, pie/salads=2, stove=3, jars=4, bread=5/6, . But that with many more spawning jars, vinegar, yeast, flour,etc... 
    • punch line : should be very more not directly eatable food and many less fast foods !
    • eat a part of a stove or pot don't reduce weight
  • In the same way, (it seems that population was warned and more evacuated than encounter zombies). There is too much houses/ rooms with TV, radio, light on . that's more a panic departure effect !
  • Should be random panic departure houses as random fortified houses. with a notable effect in house (many objects in container, objects on ground, all doors open, lights and TV on) but not in almost houses !

On 01/03/2018 at 2:02 PM, lemmy101 said:

Increased chance/locations where Barbed Wire, Milk and Empty Sandbags spawn.

I'am sad, I waited 38, was thinking that barbed wire increase spawn was to prepare the barbed wire fence implement !

11 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

No, it's not a simple "are you indoors?" check, that's an other "a maybe one day that'll change" too !
actually it is only a  : are you in a tile declared room. because :

• Some buildings parts have wrong (or none) room settings, so there is no indoors panic in it or on somes tiles
  • Playermade room (8 sides closed space) > no panic
  • Remove almost walls or/and roof, floor of a rooms keep panic.

7 hours ago, SonaGX said:

The light right now is like this: \/, but is should honestly be a bit more like \__/

totally agree, the W difference : its a french double V, should be an English double U

fiouuuu, I'am at quarter of my list... lunch break !

Edited by arkahys
add the arrange / sorts anomaly

1 hour ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

As an aside, I like the mechanic where the car key appears over your head when you approach the matching car. I'd like to see this extended to house keys at some point.

Shin

Yes, and clic on the key (icon) to lock/unlock door as a shortcut and a red filter when locked to know lock state

Edited by arkahys

Vehicle Beta Build 39

[New]

• Many and varied FPS optimizations. Please let us know how the version plays now!c
  • Added a new Vehicle Tutorial window (F1 screen/Survival guide). This opens automatically the first time you start a game.
  • Added "ItemNumbersLimitPerContainer" server option. It should be used to limit the numbers of items possible into one container.
  • Moved the Vehicle Enabling/Disabling tickbox on the main screen to a new Gameplay tab on the Options menu.
  • Moved Reloading tab in Options into a new Gameplay tab.
  • Vehicles are now enabled by default in SP & MP.
  • Added multiple new framerate lock possibilities in the options, including uncapped option.
  • Added a SpeedLimit server options, with the default being 80. Removed MP car speed limit of 55 mph.
  • Added an offRoadEfficiency property for some cars.
  • Added a speed multiplier for the speed gauge (x1.5).
  • UI ingame renders to a separate texture FBO at a lower framerate for optimisation purposes (may need some rebalancing / fixing)
  • Car spawn zone added to small settlement south of Riverside.
  • Applied model.scale for vehicle part models (i.e. tires).

[Balance]

• VehiclesDisable server option renamed as EnableVehicles.
  • Increased odds/location where milk will spawn.
  • Put some of the UI images into a .pack to improve performance.
  • Updated close, pin and unpin UI icons.
  • Changed trunk lid damaged information.
  • Changed plant info "???" into "Unknown".
  • When out of gas Mechanic info now reads "Out of Gas (0/xx)" instead of simply "0 / xx".
  • Nerfed the sped at which clothes become dirty.
  • Changed texture of removed windows/doors from jet black to a dark grey while we don't have interior textures. This should look less ugly.
  • General damage balance.
  • Nerfed car's damage if you hit something at low speed.
  • Increased radio transmission range for walkie-talkies etc. Since radios were added the map has grown, and the tranmission ranges had not been adjusted to fit it.

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed seats in the Switch Seats UI not being aligned.
  • Fixed removing rear windshield on the SUV showing that the rear windows had been removed.
  • Fixed uninstalling rear windshield of CarStationWagon resulting in removal of left/right boot windows and not the back window.
  • Fixed vehicle models sometimes being drawn too small in MP.
  • Fixed objects destroyed by vehicles not being removed on the server.
  • Fixed physics not updating on the server when objects were created/destroyed.
  • Fixed Vehicles without drivers not damaging zombies.
  • Fixed vehicle sounds not stopping when a vehicle was removed.
  • Fixed server spamming UpdateFlags.Lights packets while headlights were on.
  • Fixed duplicate vehicles caused by a checksum bug.
  • Fixed VehicleCache not handling removed vehicles, and not being cleared after exiting.
  • GC fixes. Fixed memory leak with VehicleParts on the client.
  • Fixed memory leak with IsoZombies and SoundBankEmitters created by IsoDeadBody.
  • Fixed resize behavior in NewGameScreen.
  • Fixed vehicle cheat-repair not fixing broken door locks.
  • Fixed keys being removable while starting a vehicle.
  • Fixed context menu for curtains showing when standing outside a building.
  • Fixed server logs being spamming by Zzzzzz & radio static sounds.
  • Fixed resetting server option to default value in admin ui.
  • Fixed IsoSprite.canBeRemoved not being set.
  • Fixed UIManager.useUIFBO getting set to true in MainScreenState
  • Missed part of WindowN/W fix
  • Fixed WindowN/W sprite properties changing from String to IsoFlagType.
  • Fixed noclip players colliding with vehicles.
  • Fixed Disassemble option showing for partially-destroyed multi-tile objects.
  • Fixed pathfinding info not updating when objects are destroyed by fire.
  • Fixed player sneak animation playing too rapidly at certain angles with the controller.
  • Fixed (removed) nightlengthmodifier as a command as it's now a server option.
  • Fixed flipped vehicle textures by updating vehicle models and textures
  • Fixed squares not updating as time passes due to caches.
  • Fixed UITransition and RadialMenu for every-so-often ui updates.
  • Fixed processing events while loading .pack files to avoid Windows thinking the game is not responding.
  • Fixed floor shading drawn on highlighted floors (as is done for walls already).
  • Fixed flickering door highlight when a key-tooltip is displayed.
  • Fixed flashing container/tutorial objects.
  • Fixed zombies pushing the player they're attacking.
  • Fixed boolean server options accepting any string.
  • Fixed zombies snapping upright after getting run over while getting up.
  • Fixed Savefiles from newer versions of the game throwing errors - instead they just won't be loaded.
  • Fixed reloadVehicles() debug command not reloading textures.
  • Fixed vehicles steering at different rates depending on framerate.

Should be noted that we're aware of a few issues with this build:

- A nullpointer when a car catches fire

- UI elements being very transparent while FBOs are enabled

- Climbing through windows causes the player to trip

Project Zomboid 3_6_2018 6_28_19 PM.png

- FPS of UI elements (dragging, resizing, scrolling) being low

- An OutOfMemoryException may occur in MP, as an admin, if there are a ton of delayed chunks

- Walls with windows do not appear transparent

- The continuing position sync issues in MP, while a passenger of a moving car

- The map issue @Kim Jong Un found relating to additional floors in that group of houses

41 minutes ago, B33ware said:

As I read in tutorial, keys could spawn on corpses, in houses or in car door (new container? Are keys really can appear in door?)

But they appear only on the ground nearby car and rarely in glovebox.

Or those things only in plans?

'On the door' might be me being incorrect, but they should also be on zeds and in nearby houses - if they're not that's a bug.

20 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

'On the door' might be me being incorrect, but they should also be on zeds and in nearby houses - if they're not that's a bug.

Okay, thanks, got it!

Will try to redownload the whole game, maybe this bug disappear.

3 minutes ago, Minnigin said:

this update makes the green loading bars laggy, especially the ones going across items in containers

edit : Im using my old save though

It's intentional, as mentioned in the Mondoid and the post directly below the changelog. :)

FPS of the UI is a bit lower to improve FPS elsewhere. We'll look at it changing it later.

3 minutes ago, Minnigin said:

this update makes the green loading bars laggy, especially the ones going across items in containers

edit : Im using my old save though

We literally explain that this would happen on both the thursdoid and the changelist... :P along with the reasons why (to help game FPS) and stating we'd try and improve it in future.

4 minutes ago, Minnigin said:

when the progress bar is above the players head and you hold ctrl/right click and move it around the bar shakes around like crazy

I've seen that in MP, but just thought it was related to the instantenous transfer of items by the admin. That in SP as well?