RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

Just now, Tails said:

im still noticing that the muffler still degrades more faster than all the other parts of the car

How much do you drive off-road? I'm sure it probably does need balance - but driving on non-road surfaces will have an impact, and we don't do a good job of explaining that atm.

45 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

How much do you drive off-road? I'm sure it probably does need balance - but driving on non-road surfaces will have an impact, and we don't do a good job of explaining that atm.

I don't drive off road that often. 

53 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

Unsure of how drastic the change was in degradation over the last balance fix for it, but the muffler depleted about 10-fold the consumption of gas.

I swapped 5 mufflers between fill-ups and drove relatively exclusively on roads, only going off for a couple seconds to park and dodge pile-ups.

I haven't driven very much in the current build but it's still depleting very fast. Like the slowdown for having low PSI on your tires this may be a realistic aspect to driving that is implemented excessively at the moment.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

• in this version, seeding carrots are the only things where i got something when harvested (tested with matures tomatoes,  matures strawberries, matures potatoes)
  • crepes store is the only place where can find milk (with good chances) out of houses. but no one in westpoint, so I have many difficulty , even with using  at max respawn, pass some day with many generators around in a neighborhood. May "the drake and chrystal pie place" could have the same chance as crepes s store ? ( because making cake use milk !) 
  • frame doors, doors (without more hinge need), fences and floor should be upgradable as WoodenWall and WoodenWindowWall. instead of destruct them to rebuild at lvl3.
  • But woodenWall and WoodenWindowWall should propose only "build wall" and "build windows" as frame doors, doors, fences and floor (and build the higher level automatically)
  • add the health points in the info build window (icon and requested items) of buidable objects ?
  • the metal counter at 11898x6878 is straight, should be corner (hidden behind a wall)

Compost :

• can cross compost as a tree ( very slowly, but can walk on it)
  • if i add something to the compost every 2 days, never give compost... Wait from 1 month on spiffospace . (IRL you put rotten above, and take fresh compost above) so may should transform old rotten in fresh compost close to fresh added rotten food.
  • on spiffo space (don't know in SP) if i put food no rotten (but no fresh), they "become rotten" only when i watch in composter (i see all the "rotten" refresh)
  • I put  pickles (wasn't on purpose), 1week after, when i see it, i can take and eat the pickles or put in in fridge. it's detail, but non-perishable food may be rotten with that ?

on the transfert problem (prefere to say what wasn't say before, in case) :

• 50 stack transfert doesn't work with "transfert all" button, if use this method, the transfert is done 1 by 1 as before update
  • pot (and other) filled with soiled water and pur water are concidered same in inventory (same stack). it's the case for me where i lost items almost times, when transfert just purified water or purified water close to soiled water.
  • fourniture objects (shelves, curtains,  carpets) are concidered as same object during transfert.

car should "dance" as drive off-road when pass on zombies

Barrels + sink trick (try just now on spiffospace):

so if i place a sink, and floor above a barrel (or 8) on one of 8 tiles close to where i place the sink, the sink give water after cutoff. cool but :

• water is purified, not soiled (if changed, drink should advertise that we drink soiled water)
  • the visual empting of barrel work but neither info buble nor capacity. have to reconnect to refresh barrels status (so with a barrel who have 3%, can fill many times the same pot to fill entire).
  • 8 barrels empty one by one starting by them behind, but if i place a barrels directly above the sink, this one isn't emtpied.
Edited by arkahys

20 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

I noticed that, too. It's quite too much. Lost 35%+ by going somewhat "straight" from Riverside to the Rusty Rifle in Muldraugh without driving offroad at all. Combined with the hassle of changing mufflers at lower skill levels it makes me feel uncomfortable driving my "in good shape" car at all.

I know the intention is to balance it properly, but I guess we will deteriorate our cars enough by driving badly and through crashing into everything and its brother because we can, so you don't have to make wear too intense. Mechanics profession will be extremely useful anyways. Just saying...

Besides that I really love cars. They are a really nice addition to gameplay and the idea of connecting "coastability" to tire pressure is just awesome (and logical :-D).

Thanks again for the best zombie game ever! :wub:

2 hours ago, Minnigin said:

I'm finding that driving is smoother when done in 30 framelock, is this intentional? when driving in 45 or 60 it makes the vehicle elastic band every 2 seconds, quite annoying lol

It's not intentional, but does make sense. We've had Uncle Bitbaboon Steve on this today, and hopefully have found something to improve matters. We're just putting it into an internal test now.

@arkahys EP has fixed up compost a bit in the next version - so keep an eye out for it. Cheers for all your detailed reports :)

Talk already about car can cross light pillar, but they can cross stairs too.

So with the lake pathfading of zombies on "no falling stairs" even a 1/3 height i used.

( Zombies attack stairs ? Don't see any do that yet )

Become the perfect door for players and car, and wall for zombies. 

Bugs can be tested on spiffo space here.

When buid floor, i can do a line of many wooden floor without support under. It break a little realism of bridge effect. When i see a 4 tiles woodenfloor long, it's seems hold in the void, same for 6/8 wooden floor with fences.

May add constraint such :  for build a woodenfloor, a connected woodenfloor on 2 tiles N,E ( 2+ 1tiles S,W for the on the edge effect and not affect multiplicator ) around must have a pillar or wall on floor above. 

But this seems more realist with fences, (bridge between houses), then add distance x4 for each wooden floor who get 2 fences or wall on it could balance things. Add some bonus tiles for metal floor.

Then to do a bridge without pillar between two houses, you have to start from a side, then go to the other side to build and finish bridge.

I don't know if i talk about all of this in a topic : add a floor to safehouse (make a floor in attic, the ceiling part) isn't considered as safehouse.

With the not powered if not in the space of the original building bug, ( attic floor is powered because ceiling but not safehouse part) can't get power on floor above attic.

Think safehouse and powered tiles/wall should be concidered by coping (or screed, translate doubt) and applied on all floors above. Less rooftop for safehouse , if this is unwanted.

Could easily resolve playermade safehouses ability (with just a restriction on the surface and tiles distance of other specified building area and safehouse) and restrictive powered zone.

Edit (answers posted between redaction):
waiting to see compost / lags in West Point !

Edited by arkahys

this is strange, game seems to work in multi-core from 35.x even the impossibilty to switch on multi-core option. (linux 64)

but that's not why I post, when hordes aggro something (in this case my generator) , big lag, and when watch them, game freeze, but since 35.. freeze almost totally but instantly !
My PC do a fatal loop on a thread (red line to the moment of the freeze, 3 sec after I saw them). at the moment of the freeze the game pass from 4 core to one, and loop...

pz.png

also, game seems not follow Xms and Xmx parameters, neither mine, nor in PZ.sh (steam) ,  or .json. always exeeds Xmx !

Edited by arkahys

For some reason in the vehicles build you can't plant any seeds in the ground but the basegame seeds, so none of the seeds added by Hydrocraft or Farmoid, including Corn. Was a change made to the farming system in vehicles that cased an incompatibility? I've looked all through the .lua files and I can't find anything. All of the custom seeds show up in the menu, but display as you not having the seeds in your inventory, when you have more than enough of the required seed and water. Can anyone help me fix this?

Hi I had a problem, a couple minutes ago :

I parked my car somewhere (I was in front of the car) then I quit the game and relaunched it a few minutes later. The car was gone, with everything in it ><'

Edit : I still have the "roof problem" at Muldraugh (I don't know if it's related to the vehicle test) I'm outside on the second level but as you can see it's like there were a roof over my head.

20180226202717_1.thumb.jpg.9b2c623e5ae5b0b6bcbc961888a12c2e.jpg

Also if I try to build double shelves inside the house, the character builds it on the wall outside xD

Edited by The White Wolf

16 hours ago, Tails said:

So far I have noticed that cars audio seems to be going out after driving for a certain time.

I can confirm.

Though it does not "go out" but gets extremely muffled or rather very quiet. It only happens when you move over long distances, like from Muldraugh towards the western or northern end of the map.

Vehicle Beta Build 37

[New]

Added "ReloadWeapon" keybind, 'R' by default.
Added support for duplicate keybindings and made changes to vehicle keybindings.
Added "VehicleRadialMenu" keybinding to hide/show the radial menu. Default is 'V'.
Escape key / B-button now cancels timed actions.
Play metal-snap sound when hotwiring fails.
PlayerDownloadServer saves zip files to memory instead of to disk. This may improve lag issues.
Added new RPM sounds to some vehicles: sport/modern/luxury car & vans. (Not final versions yet)
Added a green/red flash after Mechanic Skill actions to show a successful or unsuccesful procedure.
Added CompostTime sandbox option.
Added admin/cheat commands to mechanics: Get Key, Repair Part, Repair Vehicle, Remove Vehicle.
DayLength sandbox option allows all hours up to 24.
GC optimizations.
Added new map areas - filling in countryside, farms and smaller settlements between West Point and Riverside, and March Ridge and Rosewood.
Added new town zones and foraging zones, especially around Riverside.
Added mailboxes to Riverside, alongside other general decoration map-wide.
Added switch-seat keybind (Z) and choosing which door to exit vehicle from.

[Balance]

Increased CarBattery weight to 5.
TirePump has chance of spawning in vehicle trunk.
Adjusted station-wagon physics and extents.
Nerfed tire pressure impact on speed.
Tweaked the engine brake to be more realistic.
XP balance.
Increased chance/locations where Barbed Wire, Milk and Empty Sandbags spawn.
Mercia Lang 400 - > Mercia Lang 4000.

[Bug Fix]

Fixed inflating tire not inflating to the max.
Fixed the uninstallation of vehicle parts failing in MP sync condition and not entire item.
Fixed creation of physics for IsoLightSwitch inside buildings (was meant for outdoor lampposts).
Fixed seat container appearing in the loot window after being uninstalled in multiplayer.
Fixed "Shout" key sounding vehicle horn in IsoPlayer.updateWhileInVehicle().
Fixed passengers being able to honk the horn with the "VehicleHorn" key.
Fixed physics obstacles being created above z=0 to save on processing.
Fixed ISCraftingUI.update() being called when the window is hidden.
Fixed GameFileClient gc.
Fixed PickUpVanLightsPolice sirens not flashing.
Fixed OffRoad and SmallCar rear windows not being removable.
Fixed not being able to click on carpentry crates south and east of the player.
Reverted moving items in stacks of 50.
Fixed expanded items duplicating when dragged to the ground.
Fixed BaseVehicle.isInvalidChunkAround again (velocity.y -> velocity.z)
Fixed driving over prone zombies doing no damage.
Fixed clicking on stacked crates choosing a lower crate.
Fixed ModernSuspension icon being CarBrakes instead of CarSuspension.
Fixed NormalCarSeat3 and SportCarSeat3 having swapped names.
Fixed installing different vehicle seats not affecting container capacity.
Fixed VehiclePoly gc.
Fixed zombies killed by vehicle driver not adding to number of zombies killed.
Fixed vehicle not starting after driver switches seats in MP.
Fixed mechanics UI battery hitbox for taxis.
Fixed vehicle windows damaged by collisions not being removed.
Fixed some tooltips showing when another window is in front.
Fixed time to transfer stacks of heavier items (was too short).
Fixed delay entering a vehicle caused by zombie pathfinding.
Fixed issues with zombies attacking players in vehicles.
Fixed middle and rear window parts showing on the six-seat van.
Fixed player teleporting when entering rear seats of the six-seat van.
Fixed bug in which the client often doesn't register specific vehicle IDs, and as such had packets being sent from the server every cycle. Should improve lag issues.
Fixed McCoy vehicles having a siren bar.
Fixed crawling zombies getting knocked back by vehicles and getting stuck in stagger-back animation.
Fixed Spanner not being equipped when installing/uninstalling vehicle parts.
Fixed memory leak in Bullet.setVehicleParams() (missing ReleaseFloatArrayElements)
Fixed VehicleManager.sendRequestFull() being done in singleplayer.
Fixed client hang on exit due to WorldStreamer changes.
Fixed CompostTime sandbox option for weeks greater than 4.
Fixed "Check Stats" and "Trade with" in context menu for current player using a controller.
Fixed controller focus after displaying the "CHEAT: Remove Vehicle" dialog.
Fixed garbage collection issue in Spiffo tutorial window. [Spiffo was a villain all along :( ]
Added admin/cheat commands to Mechanic UI: Get Key, Repair Part, Repair Vehicle, Remove Vehicle.
Fixed microwave/oven button appearance when using a controller, knob issues.
Removed rear window on the Mercia Lang 4000.
GameFileClient no longer creates a separate thread for downloading zip files.
Fixed client requesting zero chunks sometimes.
Fixed several gc issues with map streaming.
Fixed deflating an overinflated tire in singleplayer jumping to max capacity.
Fixed 'X' button showing next to occupied seats in the switch-seat ui.
Fixed and improved many and various issues attached to WorldStreamer and chunk loading.
Fixed missing SFX for knocking down a postbox and other road furniture.
Fixed Luxury car having wrong parts.

Just check it up right now, runs worse than before (lower fps, compared to build 36) but less laggy and more stable in terms of FPS (even with the zombie hordes it rarely begin to freeze).

No sound when hit the mailboxes.

Key icon appear nearby car wreck (sport car in my case).

How I check updates-find car (with easy use) than go to the Mauld highway, constantly use horn and try to create huge horde around my car.

edit: those rear doors on small car seems really strange, what is purpose of them? I can't even enter them .

edit 2:still slideshow with huge hordes, but if I zoomed car at maximum when horde chasing me-lags go away.

Edited by B33ware

It doesn't look like custom sandbox zombie settings are working for me on the new build. If I edit my server settings through the ingame host menu, proper zombies is checked even when it shouldn't be. I unchecked it, changed my zombie settings back to what they were, then saved changes, and if I edit settings again, proper zombies is checked and the advanced zombie settings are also back to default.

I assumed it was a problem with the ingame menu resetting, so I just copied my sandbox settings from the last build into my new server's settings manually and launched the dedicated server. Most settings seemed to be working right, but zombies played like default Survival zombies and I later died of an infection even though I have transmission off.

So, two days ago I decided to try out the vehicle build and I am really hyped, awesome work so far.

But I have a little issue with trunk capacities. The first vehicle I found (on vehicle build 36) was a Franklin Valuline with six seats, a lot of loading capacity. While I was looting I spotted a Chevalier Step Van and instantly thought:

"Cool, with that thing I surely can loot a whole house with furniture!" Because such vans are designed to move a lot of stuff right? Sadly I was disappointed and here is why:

Cevalier Step Van: Trunk capacity 90, one additional big seat +30 capacity. Total capacity 120

Franklin Valuline: Trunk capacity 85, five additional big seats +150 capacity. Total capacity 235

Ambulance (just found on build 38): Trunk capacity 90, with additional five big seats it comes to a total capacity of 240...

...also, where do they put the injured? Can only be crammed into the trunk :-D

Well, I guess you know what I am going with this. I would suggest to decrease the trunk capacity of the Franklin Valuline and changing the ambulance to a two seat vehicle, maybe with increased trunk.

The Cevalier Step Van could use more trunk capacity, I would say around 150 or even 200. It would also make sense when they spawn less, and mostly with parts in very bad condition and missing parts. At the outbreak, many people probably tried to get away with as much of their stuff as possible, so it would be realistic not to see a lot of the bigger vans.

But right now, the Franklin Valuline and the Ambulance are the MVP's for looting :-) (at least as far as I found).

1 hour ago, NorthRoad said:

It doesn't look like custom sandbox zombie settings are working for me on the new build. If I edit my server settings through the ingame host menu, proper zombies is checked even when it shouldn't be. I unchecked it, changed my zombie settings back to what they were, then saved changes, and if I edit settings again, proper zombies is checked and the advanced zombie settings are also back to default.

I assumed it was a problem with the ingame menu resetting, so I just copied my sandbox settings from the last build into my new server's settings manually and launched the dedicated server. Most settings seemed to be working right, but zombies played like default Survival zombies and I later died of an infection even though I have transmission off.

Can you try with this?  Unzip into the ProjectZomboid\zombie\ folder.

zombie_SandboxOptions.zip