RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

14 hours ago, Brex said:

Did somebody say something about roadblocks? Because I'd love to see roadblocks, especially makeshift ones with trash and wrecked cars and shit 

There's pileups of cars on the highway leading to West Point from Muldraugh, in the first highway intersection leading to Rosewood, south of Muldraugh, and on the car bridge leading to the Mall from West Point. They're major annoyances, as you have to cut down trees to navigate past them if they haven't already been cut down.

All traffic jams appear to have been firebombed as 90-95% are destroyed.

Every single traffic accident being like that is relatively illogical unless there is an implication that the military meticulously bombed every single buildup of cars without leaving any behind, so you should consider including a separate type of jam that's simply a buildup of traffic.

Additionally, you should consider not having every single car ditched on the side of the road being near - destroyed. Maybe create two different states - crashed VS abandoned, with the standard fluctuation of how much gas is in the tank / none at all. There are just as many reasons for a car to be abandoned and still functional as one that has been in a traffic accident.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

1 hour ago, xDodged said:

There's pileups of cars on the highway leading to West Point from Muldraugh, in the first highway intersection leading to Rosewood, south of Muldraugh, and on the car bridge leading to the Mall from West Point. They're major annoyances, as you have to cut down trees to navigate past them if they haven't already been cut down.

Those pileups are an eyesore because they magically float above the road even though they don't have wheels.

But I'm actually not talking about that. I'm talking about makeshift barricades that look like they were cobbled together in a hurry using whatever was available in order to slow the advance of zombie hordes. Something like this:

kvICRTF.jpg

2 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Every single traffic accident being like that is relatively illogical unless there is an implication that the military meticulously bombed every single buildup of cars without leaving any behind, so you should consider including a separate type of jam that's simply a buildup of traffic.

Additionally, you should consider not having every single car ditched on the side of the road being near - destroyed. Maybe create two different states - crashed VS abandoned, with the standard fluctuation of how much gas is in the tank / none at all. 

If the military were firebombing vehicles you'd think we'd hear the jets and explosions, or that a stray bomb would ignite a forest fire, or we'd find charred remains, or...

*sighs*

EA, I know, EA. 

• Can't enter a locked car, even if i uninstall window and door. Shouldn't uninstall window from a locked car without breaking window, and open it.
  • A synchro problem on server allow me to pass trought a car. I go back then moving forward again, so i do this 2 times, and at the second my car appear the noise on the other one. the good thing is that i can't moving forward or back as long as the wheels were not on the ground. had to take a pick up to hurt car below to make mine fall on the ground.
  • Add hand brake ? So locked car would be more difficult to hurt to move. and without handbrake can push cars in the wheels direction
  • can we tow a car with rope ? (and hand brake prevent from this)

21 hours ago, Brex said:

Did somebody say something about roadblocks? Because I'd love to see roadblocks, especially makeshift ones with trash and wrecked cars and shit 

page 43 : 

4 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

:D so real ! the number of burned and no burned car is inverted  (3 or 4 no burned car) !
the one at south crossroad of muldraugh is good big one. but i think cork should be more frequent than piluep : people in corks who give up their car because can't escape by driving. very good for the impression of panic. Little car pileup in center town should be more seen than big ones.

@RobertJohnson : nothing to do with car, but i spend many times to know the health point of walls and as many things : everybody know and say different answer from others, but nobody is wright, even the PZwiki talk about numbers with no references. So i read media/lua and would like some clarification and will edit pzwiki :

• log health : 400 + SkillLvl x100
  • framed wall health: frame + LvlWall + SkillLvl x100 or Frame THEN LvlWall + SkillLvl x 100 ?
    LvlWall for wood : 1=200, 2=300, 3=400. For metal  1=450, 2=550
    Frame : wood=50, metal=120 (don't apply SkillLvl when just building frame, that's wright ?)
    I think the first solution is more logic : so a metal frame + wooden wall3 + carpentry 10 = 120+400+1000 = 1520 ? that's wright ?
    So the difference between plain wood an metal wall at 10 is very low : 1450 / 1670 or may metalSkillLvl is more than x100 ?
  • the plastering wall don't give BonusHealth ?

Edited by arkahys

• can't pick or put something in a bag on the ground. have to equip it to change content and then drop on ground
  • Lvl 3 wooden wall appear over placed object ahead (but not lvl 1 or 2 )
  • The moment where Tree grow to become an obstacle to car don't coincide when sprite change from first little tree, to tree higher (2nd size), so i can pass over most of little tree, but some create collision.
  • When killing horde in my garden, i got about 160 keys in corps (lucky trait), I keep 2 doors and build 7 doors in my safe house, 152 keys are for the same door (one i build). no other for an other door.
  • If I keep Left click pushed and OS a Z's, player hit on ground as Z's fall (and as I have to terminate him at ground). no really embarrassing expect facing horde, a shoot at ground, with nobody at ground while 10 Zombies are on you....
  • If i use the metod to push against a tree to up the maintenance skill, while I keep [CTRL] + [SPACE] pushed, if i click rapidly in inventory windows, animation bug, and I double knockback ! (will test this facing a bad situation in hord, think can knokback everybody to regain "full speed of leak")
  • kill a zombi with car isn't  recorded in the zombis kills count of the player windows
  • if i use scrollbar and release mouse button while i'm on other container ( in the right column), this select the container.
  • can't keep chat window on (window disappear even i pin it)

On all step of farming :

• when diging, have to reconnect to see digged ground (already said)
  • when harvest seeds or vegetables : XP is applied, ground changes too, but nothing appear in inventory (no harvested seeds or vegetables) tested with carrots
Edited by arkahys
Adds some dots, don't want to flood topic

3 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

In addition, the fire sprite no longer shows

Yes! I didn't realise that until now that you mention it. It's been a while since I last saw the fire sprites!

Edit: but you can still see the small flame sprite on burning zombies.

Edited by numbersixthecat
more details

under linux i can switch multithread on, always  comeback to off, i check this before, saw all cores working when launching game so i was thinking  was applied.
(EDIT: forget was a still in progress, but it isn't an important bug ?)
I3 3,2ghz 4cores, 4g ram (2g manually reserved for game, but only 1,5 used), settings low/medium, tiles x1, compressed textures. 

• Vehicle ! so i can visit the mall !!
    but no. On spiffo server the worth lag i ever seen.  cell don't appear Z's freese 1sec/4sec , i reconnect, cell desappear in my back when moving around, i disconnect and freeze, 2 times have to kill process to relaunch PZ. First freeze close steam (crash or not don't know).
    it's when i click on quit game that game freeze.
    2nd times "ps aux" (command line  of task manager under linux) give 100% on a core for PZ. So, don't really sure multithread is on (maybe is only a fatal loop on a thread). 
    I put all settings to mini when I was bitten in the void, so the game is ugly.
    before first freeze i saw a horde attracted on a thing, in a corner of a wall but i don't know what.
  • I think other players see are talk about that : when I drive at speed too high (about 40 mph) there is many "border of the world" in black , where my car stop with visual of hurt but without damages, and when following appear, i can moving forward  

server don't crash.

Edited by arkahys

• Unable to remove generator straight from the trunk of a pickup, had to drop it on the ground and then pick it up.
  • Found a pickup that was duplicating keys, after i had 2 keys the truck wouldn't start at all even with a key in the ignition
  • When barricading windows or making farm plots they don't appear until i relog
  • Insane frame destroying lag at the mall on the multiplayer server
  • Sometimes in the info panel when i mouse over the traits it doesn't show the tooltip saying what they are

This was all on the SpiffoSpace server

Edited by Neutz

On 2/13/2018 at 12:19 PM, Brex said:

Those pileups are an eyesore because they magically float above the road even though they don't have wheels.

But I'm actually not talking about that. I'm talking about makeshift barricades that look like they were cobbled together in a hurry using whatever was available in order to slow the advance of zombie hordes. Something like this:

kvICRTF.jpg

I see what you mean. That would be an interesting concept to see in the game.

6 hours ago, arkahys said:

under linux i can switch multithread on, always  comeback to off, i check this before, saw all cores working when launching game so i was thinking  was applied.
I3 3,2ghz 4cores, 4g ram (2g manually reserved for game, but only 1,5 used), settings low/medium, tiles x1, compressed textures.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I remember (from versions 2.9.9... onward, a few years ago), the multithread option wasn't working at all under linux (you could select the checkbox, but this wasn't actually doing anything, and the choice would revert at restart). This was also acknowledged by the developers, but I cannot quote on that, nor explain why: so if anyone else has a deeper insight it would be nice to know.

On a different subject, I can also confirm a few of these issues, namely that you need to equip the bags to access their content, and that sometimes car trunks work weirdly. I have experienced also all those farming shenanigans.

Another strange issue, a Franklin Valuline doesn't start. I have the key, and have been using it for a while. Apparently nothing is wrong with engine and battery, however with key in ignition the systems are red. Am I missing something? See attached screenshot.

Also: which recipe magazine is required to hotwire heavy duty vehicles?

pz_strange_car_issue.jpeg

Edited by numbersixthecat
added question

22 hours ago, arkahys said:

On all step of farming :

• when diging, have to reconnect to see digged ground (already said)
  • when harvest seeds or vegetables : XP is applied, ground changes too, but nothing appear in inventory (no harvested seeds or vegetables) tested with carrots

harvest tomatoes works. so it is not for every plants. but there is a delay with remove tomatoes plant picture, didn't occur with carrots.
in advanced game, can find cigarettes on somes zombies corpes, but fungicide is very hard, to obtain :

• milk may rotten, if u don't find spray on time.
  • after cutoff milk is rotten in every fridge.

can just count on respawn, that is not very a good solution. 
may can we find almond with forage ? and create almond milk to use in fungicide and cooking recips ?

my game becone very instable on spiffo, crash occur as at the mall in my safehouse (no cell appear around), without zombies around, without doing anything heavy. core of PZ process at 100%
logs :
1518709062178 ERROR: Missing translation "IGUI_perks_Menuiserie"
1518709077489 shared-descriptor: registered id=1000
1518709077592 shared-descriptor: registered id=1001
1518709077592 shared-descriptor: registered id=1002
1518709154730 fmod: Java_fmod_javafmodJNI_FMOD_1Sound_1GetData:3930 JNI_FMOD_Sound_GetData correct buffer
1518709220188 CRASH lastSpeed=4.133135 speed=(-1,759E+0 -2,566E-2 -2,826E+0) delta=3.3292072 netLinearVelocity=0.0
1518709301618 znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_disconnect
1518709302050 znet: Connection closed: reason=1 port=1
1518709302247 RakNetPeerInterface.connectionStateChangedCallback state=Disconnected message= thread=Thread[UdpEngine,5,main]
1518709302248 [VOICE MANAGER] VoiceConnectClose uuid=27024665427511995
1518709302248 znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakVoice_CloseVoiceChannel

Edited by arkahys
double post

Build Vehicle 36:

[New]

• Added tooltip showing Username on the Scoreboard and Mini-Scoreboard.
  • Added tooltip to Claim Safehouse context menu option when player hasn't survived long enough to be allowed to join.
  • Accounts with access level other than "none" don't count towards MaxAccountsPerUser.
  • Increase java heap max size on the Mac to match Windows/Linux (1200 MB).
  • Added "Quit to Desktop" button for when errors occur while loading a game.
  • Updated Vehicle shell textures.
  • Updated Vehicle damaged shell textures.
  • Identical items are now compressed to a single item when networking.
  • Hide unused TransactionID column in Server Whitelist.
  • Inflating tires now requires a Tire Pump.
  • Updated choose-seat UI with Mash's new textures.
  • Clicking a part in the Mechanic UI window selects the part in the list.
  • Added "/safehouse release" command so clients can release a safehouse they own.
  • Vehicle doors may be locked/unlocked from outside if the window is uninstalled, or broken or open.
  • Added SirenShutoffHours sandbox option to auto-shutoff vehicle sirens.
  • Clicking the overlay sprite on containers acts the same as clicking the object's sprite.
  • Items are transferred in stacks of up to 50 items in a single action.  When dragging items to a container, as many items as will fit are moved to the container, starting with the lightest items if multiple types are selected.

[Balance]

• Keys no longer required to turn on/off headlights.
  • Reduced the odds of damaging Muffler.
  • Adjusted SportsCar extents (chassis was wider than the wheels).
  • Limit vehicle speed to 55 in multiplayer.

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed can't transfer items to/from bags on the ground.
  • Fixed ObjectSyncRequests bug deleting multiple objects.
  • Fixed missing PZBullet64.so on Linux server.                                                       
  • Fixed BufferOverflowException saving vehicles with many items in containers.
  • Fixed building walls not being possible behind staircases.
  • Fixed vehicle backing-up sound playing when the engine is off.
  • Fixed client spamming onBackSignal commands for vehicles without a backing-up sound.
  • Fixed column order in server whitelist tables.
  • Fixed "connection lost" message when client's Lua files don't match the server's.
  • Fixed alarm clocks only waking players on levels 0,1,2 inside pre-existing buildings.
  • Fixed IsoWindowFrame working for IsoThumpable.
  • Fixed teleporting between front/rear seats in VanAmbulance.
  • Fixed Vans having double-rear doors instead of a Trunk Lid.
  • Fixed context menu position in mechanics window when scrolled.
  • Fixed game hanging after "Player does not appear to have been created on this server."
  • Fixed barricades, campfires, etc not being synced. [There might still be some visual sync issues to be resolved]
  • Fixed vehicle dashboard remaining visible after teleporting from vehicle.
  • Fixed putting items into compost bins.
  • Fixed /additem without username when display name different than username.
  • Fixed issues with mini-scoreboard and safehouse UIs.
  • Fixed multiple copies of some admin UIs being created.
  • Fixed items still disappearing during a transfer.
  • Fixed incorrect vehicle lighting.
  • Fixed car having an alarm if it wasn't locked.
  • Fixed car's container capacity not taking Organized/Disorganized trait into account in a calculation.
  • Fixed co-op hosts getting kicked when the game is in debug mode.
  • Fixed vehicle lights and open/broken window textures when texture compression was turned on.
  • Fixed vehicle brake lights, ambulance lightbar lights, and open/broken windows not rendering with texture compression is turned on.
  • Fixed OpenGL coordinate overflow with path debug drawing.
  • Fixed missing car name translations.
  • Fixing missing PickUpVan McCoy texture.
  • Fixed VanSeats having wrong textures.
  • Fixed some vehicles having wrong damaged textures.
  • Fixed missing IGUI_VehiclePartTruckBedOpen translation (trunk of pick up truck).
  • Fixed missing burnt vehicles textures.
  • Fixed burnt vehicles "floating".
  • Fixed burnt zone sometimes spawning special non-burnt vehicles.
  • Fixed aspects of map no longer streaming fully ahead of the player when moving fast after removal of Yuri's sync code - feedback required on this.
  • Fixed vehicles spawning inside buildings when creating random car crashes.
  • Fixed opening a vehicle's hood displaying the Mechanic UI.
  • Fixed some hitboxes in the Mechanic UI.
  • Fixed server not having up-to-date skill levels when installing/uninstalling vehicle parts.
  • Fixed Mechanic UI not being draggable.
  • Fixed the display of voice-activity and vehicle has-key icons when the DisplayUserName option is false.
  • Fixed player getting stuck trying to walk a path when inside a vehicle.
  • Fixed vehicle colors changing after reloading.
  • Fixed BufferUnderflow exception loading unknown items.
  • Fixed microwave/stove timers not counting down.
  • Fixed hot/cold background colors of food being faded compared to earlier versions.
  • Fixed vehicles won't start if gas < 0.1, but will run until gas = 0.0.
  • Fixed window open/closed appearance sync in multiplayer.
  • Fixed opening/closing uninstalled doors.
  • Fixed "Start Engine" in radial menu being disabled when key is in ignition.
  • Fixed client using InventoryItem.getItemCapacity() which isn't synced.
  • Fixed long text in the vehicle radial menu overlapping the icons.
  • Allow hotwiring (not starting) a vehicle when the engine isn't working.
  • Fixed recipe food ingredients appearing available when multiples are required.
  • Fixed missing hitboxes in Mechanic UI for smallcar.
  • Fixed vehicle color being random for all clients. Vehicle updates sent for every vehicle.
  • Fixing missing vehicle sounds on Linux.
  • Fixed the type of battery not being displayed when trying to install one.
  • Fixed vehicle hit-zombie and crash sounds not playing in multiplayer.
  • Fixed vehicles not operating near the edges of the world.
  • Fixed client constantly sending list of vehicles to the server.
  • Fixed server sending every zombie idle sound as separate packet.
  • Fixed some garbage collection issues with vehicles.
  • Fixed uninstalling a tire from any car meaning that the image of the wheel disappears but still allowing the vehicle to move.
  • Fixed pickup-truck trunk icon in the loot window.
  • Fixed Mechanic UI drawing stuff when collapsed.
  • Fixed usernames showing for splitscreen players when "Show your username" is false.
  • Fixed choose-seat UI showing wrong texture for another player in a seat.
  • Fixed entering/exiting vehicles when an obstacle is in the way.
  • Fixed vehicles not smashing windows when colliding.
  • Fixed vehicles not running if game window resolution is very small.
  • Fixed some cars MP syncing bugs.
Edited by EasyPickins
Added moving 50 items at a time.

2 minutes ago, NorthRoad said:

Is this just temporary until the "end of the world" bug is fixed, or could it maybe be a server option?

I regularly drive a lot faster than this, and before the black screen bug I'd often go around 100~ mph on roads I knew.

It's just temporary, as the faster method had a few critical glitches that are being worked on now.