RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

2 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Could you try to restart Steam or even reinstalling the dedi server tools? Just tried on vehicle branch dedi server worked here :/

I'm on Windows 10 64-bit. I already tried restarting Steam, but I just tried reinstalling the dedi server tools and it seems to be working now. Thanks for the help & sorry for the trouble, easy fix, but it didn't immediately come to mind. :-D Thought it might've been something to do with the update.

6 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

I'm aware that currently new car's damage models aren't working (damaged parts won't be shown) this will be fixed in a next hotfix.

Build Vehicle 35:

[New]

• Added 2 new cars: a Dash Ranger (similar, but not quite as good as a SUV) and a Luxury Car called a Mercia Lang 400.
  • Basic parking stalls now have a small chance of spawning special vehicles (Spiffo van, Ranger car, police car etc)
  • Added tooltip over Mechanic UI car overlay.
  • You can now right click vehicle parts directly on the overlay, to bring the context menu that specific part.
  • Updated some car textures.
  • Force changing hotkeys of vehicle horn if it's the same as the 'open health panel' hotkey.
  • Vehicle Mechanic system, emergency lights, car heaters and windows now work with a controller.
  • Removed redundant vehicle options from the back-button radial menu.
  • Added a UI for choosing which seat to get into.
  • Added conditionAffectsCapacity property to vehicle containers.
  • Added line in literature tooltip to reflect when recipes are already unlocked by Profession and/or Traits.
  • Headlights and Tail lights can now be damaged in collisions.
  • Added debug scenarios to help in testing for devs and modders (Create a new character quickly from Main Menu, setup params, sandbox options etc. Check lua/client/DebugUIS/Scenario/DebugScenario, can only be used in Debug).
  • Added a -Dnosave argument in the command line for devs and modders. Use it to stop world saves when testing involves the creation of lots of new characters
  • Added debug option to display circle around character's feet.
  • Added ui for admins to inspect number of network packets sent/received.

[Balance]

• Changed how car colors are picked. Previously there were mainly dull colours being chosen - vehicle colors should be a lot more varied now.
  • Lowered chance of Muffler being damaged.
  • Factorized a lot vehicle scripts.
  • Increased damage done to vehicles by melee weapons.

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed small car 02 not having a Mechanic UI vehicle overlay.
  • Fixed numerous bugs in vehicle script (missing tire updates, some parts not requiring keys to operate, missing required recipes etc)
  • Damaged trunk lid now governs if items drop from the trunk, instead of the trunk itself that governs only its capacity for loot.
  • Fixed trunk/trunk lid having wrong part info description.
  • Fixed using java.awt.Color (doesn't work on headless servers).
  • Fixed cars making breaking glass sounds while driving around.
  • Added missing translation UI_optionscreen_binding_Vehicle horn.
  • Fixed one cause of zombies walking in place.
  • Fixed exception when dropping a key onto the ground from inside a vehicle.
  • Fixed server log messages whenever a player hit something.
  • More tooltips respect the tooltip font size option.
  • Hide the vehicle dashboard when the inventory window is displayed and player is using a controller.
  • Fixed vehicle mechanics window updating when not visible.
  • Fixed vehicle ac/heater window updating when not visible.
  • Fixed oversized gas-pump texture in the vehicle radial menu.
  • Fixed server exception when food rotted in a player's inventory.
  • Fixed vehicle dashboard disappearing when a splitscreen player is created.
  • Fixed vehicle heater and seat UIs using wrong player after respawning.
  • Fixed position of game-speed controls in splitscreen.
  • Fixed post-death UI not being removed in splitscreen.
  • Fixed putting/taking key from ignition not being synced in multiplayer.
  • Fixed trove.jar location on the server.
  • Fixed gas tank appearing empty and being impossible to uninstall.
  • Fixed missing translations of some car's name.
  • Fixed exception with new packet-inspector ui.
  • Fixed multiple generators interfering with each other.
  • Fixed container color overlay strobes.
  • Fixed Error with packet 164.
  • Renamed ISMiniScoreboardUI.lua.lua -> .lua
  • Fixed trransferring a large object may result in duplication.

did you fix the floating vehicle wrecks?

Unfortunately I reported that problem solved too soon. The server redownloaded to 38.30 and I didn't notice at first since I didn't try to join it yet (what happens when you try to figure out bugs while still waking up...), and on switching to the vehicles branch of the dedi server, I'm receiving the same error after a couple reinstalls and after verifying the integrity of the game cache, as well as a system reboot and restarting Steam multiple times. I tried both 32 and 64-bit start server batch files and on multiple server files/configurations.

I'll try reinstalling PZ itself, then the server one more time, but I'm not confident it will work.

8 minutes ago, NorthRoad said:

Unfortunately I reported that problem solved too soon. The server redownloaded to 38.30 and I didn't notice at first since I didn't try to join it yet (what happens when you try to figure out bugs while still waking up...), and on switching to the vehicles branch of the dedi server, I'm receiving the same error after a couple reinstalls and after verifying the integrity of the game cache, as well as a system reboot and restarting Steam multiple times. I tried both 32 and 64-bit start server batch files and on multiple server files/configurations.

I'll try reinstalling PZ itself, then the server one more time, but I'm not confident it will work.

Okay I found the problem. I assume you're using StartServer.bat files to run?

Not sure if RJ is around to do a hotfix, but you can fix it by adding:

java/

to the trove-3.0.3.jar 

in the following line:

SET PZ_CLASSPATH=java/jinput.jar;java/lwjgl.jar;java/lwjgl_util.jar;java/sqlite-jdbc-3.8.10.1.jar;trove-3.0.3.jar;java/uncommons-maths-1.2.3.jar;java/

SET PZ_CLASSPATH=java/jinput.jar;java/lwjgl.jar;java/lwjgl_util.jar;java/sqlite-jdbc-3.8.10.1.jar;java/trove-3.0.3.jar;java/uncommons-maths-1.2.3.jar;java/

We'll get this updated ASAP but in the meantime this will fix your issue.

Just now, lemmy101 said:

How are you launching the server? It's worked on both mine and RJ's machines through steam just fine. :/

I just download it through Steam and launch the default StartServer64.bat. To verify I'm on the default game files, I just uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and server, uninstalled any workshop mods, created new server files with the default settings generated by the game, and attempted to start the server again, but I received the same error. I'll try reinstalling Java to see if that helps, but I'm really not sure what is wrong. Failing that I can try testing on a different OS.

Appreciate the fast support btw. If I can provide any more info I would be happy to.

Just now, NorthRoad said:

I just download it through Steam and launch the default StartServer64.bat. To verify I'm on the default game files, I just uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and server, uninstalled any workshop mods, created new server files with the default settings generated by the game, and attempted to start the server again, but I received the same error. I'll try reinstalling Java to see if that helps, but I'm really not sure what is wrong. Failing that I can try testing on a different OS.

Appreciate the fast support btw. If I can provide any more info I would be happy to.

See above, I already edited my post with a solution after I realized you were running that bats :)

The new vehicle sounds are a huge improvement, but I notice the L/R balance seems a bit funky for me. While driving, sometimes the sound seems to be in the middle where it should be, other times, I just hear it from my left or right headphone speaker.

The sync seems better in some ways, but still a bit odd. I put some foraged berries into a minifridge and then it disappeared, and I had to rejoin the server for it to appear again. Digging with a trowel to farm, it often won't appear unless I exit and rejoin my server, but other times, it appears every time I dig.

I notice with the Organised trait, it displays the proper capacity on the containers themselves, but in the vehicle mechanics menu, it shows the normal capacities, which looks a bit odd.

Can also confirm looting corpses isn't working for me either.

edit: the minifridge disappearing seems to be fairly consistent after transferring large quantities of berries from my inventory to it, then looking away and back at the fridge.

Edited by NorthRoad

can't start my own MP server.

linux64 + steam.
terminal logs:

Spoiler

./start-server.sh -servername server\ quick
64-bit java detected
pzexe: about to run java hack to locate libjvm.so...
pzexe: executing "java -classpath pzexe.jar -Djava.library.path=. zombie.pzexe"
pzexe.java: loading shared library "pzexe_jni64"
JVM=/home/USER/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Project Zomboid Dedicated Server/jre64/lib/amd64/server/libjvm.so
pzexe config file: /home/USER/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Project Zomboid Dedicated Server/ProjectZomboid64.json
pzexe: mainClass: zombie/network/GameServer
pzexe: classpath: -Djava.class.path=java/:java/jinput.jar:java/lwjgl.jar:java/lwjgl_util.jar:java/trove-3.0.3.jar:java/sqlite-jdbc-3.8.10.1.jar:java/uncommons-maths-1.2.3.jar
pzexe: vmArg (json) 1: -Xms2048m
pzexe: vmArg (json) 2: -Xmx2048m
pzexe: vmArg (json) 3: -Dzomboid.steam=1
pzexe: vmArg (json) 4: -Dzomboid.znetlog=1
pzexe: vmArg (json) 5: -Djava.library.path=linux64/:natives/
pzexe: vmArg (json) 6: -XX:-UseSplitVerifier
pzexe: vmArg (json) 7: -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom
pzexe: using jvm "/home/USER/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Project Zomboid Dedicated Server/jre64/lib/amd64/server/libjvm.so"
pzexe: arg: -servername
pzexe: arg: server quick
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no PZBullet64 in java.library.path
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1886)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:849)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1088)
    at zombie.core.physics.Bullet.init(Bullet.java:38)
    at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:317)

same error with servertest.ini

Just had a quick test of the new build, really like the 2 new vehicle models. The jeep is something different! However i think the wheels on the Mercedes type car need to be scaled a little bit bigger.

The new sounds are really good, they suite the pickup/vans etc perfectly. However, Are we going to get different sound effects for the sports cars and sedans etc? They seem a bit out of place and diesl-y on these cars.

5 minutes ago, Neutz said:

Just had a quick test of the new build, really like the 2 new vehicle models. The jeep is something different! However i think the wheels on the Mercedes type car need to be scaled a little bit bigger.

The new sounds are really good, they suite the pickup/vans etc perfectly. However, Are we going to get different sound effects for the sports cars and sedans etc? They seem a bit out of place and diesl-y on these cars.

Different sounds are coming in, this is in fact  the jeep sound, but it's used on every car at the moment because it feel better than the previous one :D

server installed from steam (tool dedi server).
doesn't appear in public list,  found the problem :
server appear without the server version (server version :         ), I can't connect even i check display other version (say me it isn't the same version)
files verified by steam app.
Don't know if working with older version.

• Is it possible to " echo 'version' " in logs to verify version server launched ? because I don't have any way to verify the version of server except in public server list.
  • On slow computer or loaded map, some 1st spawning with lags don't let me time to view Z's around and was hurt when i touch the mouse. It is possible to delay 1 or 2 seconds the spawning of player when entering game and displaying world/sprites/Etc.... (so , a dark world with game menu and windows during 1 or 2 seconds, then add player)
Edited by arkahys

You guys should open a poll or something with a list of vehicles zomboid-ed (for legal reasons) that we would like to see in game. Can we get a Ferrari 348 from 1992 please :P

Are there any plans to do a large truck of some sort? something like this would be cool and would avoid a whole truck and trailer issue.

image.png.8bf2b2bc94f42957a0494efbaba17b00.png

Edited by Neutz

12 minutes ago, Neutz said:

You guys should open a poll or something with a list of vehicles zomboid-ed (for legal reasons) that we would like to see in game. Can we get a Ferrari 348 from 1992 please :P

Are there any plans to do a large truck of some sort? something like this would be cool and would avoid a whole truck and trailer issue.

image.png.8bf2b2bc94f42957a0494efbaba17b00.png

I have a vehicle suggestion thread that would help for that will help with the improvement for PZ  

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23254-community-vehicle-suggestions/