RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

7 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Well, IRL i see way more black/grey car than colored ones :D

You had a pretty great selection of car colors picked out before they were overhauled. Currently white cars apparently aren't even a possibility apart from liveries, and even in Europe white is a very common color.

Drab metallic steel/whatever didn't really take over economy cars until post Y2K and even then cars were still infinitely more colorful than what they are here.

Whatever your current algorithm for picking colors is, it needs to be flipped to the exact opposite of whatever it is now. Black should be notably uncommon, not 80% :) It's overwhelmingly inaccurate if this is intentional, I just assumed it was still a work in progress.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

40 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

You had a pretty great selection of car colors before they were overhauled. Currently white cars apparently aren't even a possibility apart from liveries, and even in Europe white is a very common color.

New cars in the 1990s were rather glossy, drab metallic steel/whatever didn't really take over economy cars until post Y2K and even then cars were still infinitely more colorful than what they are here. Whatever your current algorithm for picking colors is, it needs to be flipped to the exact opposite of whatever it is now. Black should be notably uncommon, not 80% :) It's overwhelmingly inaccurate if this is intentional, I just assumed it was still a work in progress.

I just assumed the color overlay thing was broken and chose to ignore it due to all the other things.

. . . Lol.

still in MP :

• can't use shortcut "start vehicle engine".
  • contenair flickering bug (don't know if vehicle is branch of IWSMB or SubBeta ). Little object don't still desappear (lamp etc..), but ropes do. Some player made wall randomly too (don't know in older update, doesn't build wall). in my case, shelves i fill are container who appear almost never.

zombie behavior :

• When a car is engine on, they pack on it. but one day during they keep on going (moving forward on the car).
    this is visually correct the first hour (attraction). but watching them for a whole day, become pathetic (is it only an attraction ? they are a goal ?).
    theu should hurt the car (destruct what is louder) or go away (that is not an infectable things)....
  • when hordes arrives, i stroll in town and many packs on cars, less inactive groups than without car...
  • form a triangle with 3 car, they can't enter (but you can by enter and change seat), and you can shoot the rabbit. they should pass hood and trunk (with window animation ?)
  • if you enter a car when there is less than 10 Z's : go to the opposite seat wait they go around, then change place and go out. they are on the other side of the car and you can escape easily.
    they go around ? it is not a a zombie behavior...
    I think they should hurt the car to break glasses to enter at the nearest (zombie window enter animation is already implemented).
    if they break windows : fatal death ? 
    zombie window enter animation, then car jump with shout, bite and hurt sound.

Edited by arkahys

i noticed you can now lock vehicle doors and the trunk from outside with the key, this is great for MP. It doesn't work for the hood though, you can lock it and then still open it without the key. Kind of grief-y if people can take parts out of your engine because they can't steal the car.

On the same topic i think it would be better to have a open hood button on the dashboard, unsure if most vehicles from the 90's could have their hoods opened without even entering the car so maybe I'm just wrong here and its already accurate.

Also i assume its already going to be implemented but zombies should be able to break your vehicle windows and then drag you out, this is probably waiting for the anim's update though?

And are we going to see animated door/boots etc that will actually open up when you use them? it would make those traffic jams look way better as well.

Edited by Neutz

Noticing now that liveried vehicles are extremely hard to come by. I haven't seen a single ranger vehicle ever since they made it so they only spawned in specific places. I got lucky and found a fire pickup maybe once. No sign of the ambulance or radio van, or any postal/delivery livery vehicles either. Also, no Fossoil trucks at all.

May want to consider adding in rare chances of each vehicle showing up in other spawn lists. After all, we are under the assumption that there was a police response to these events, right? And delivery trucks were caught on deliveries? 

Since these vehicles don't really add any particular benefit over others, I think it's a waste of their creation if they cannot be found. They should have a low, insignificant chance of showing up rarely. This will add some variety to the parking lots and also make it look like there was chaos (finding that the police showed up to somebody's house, for example).

2 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

I haven't seen a single ranger vehicle ever since they made it so they only spawned in specific places.

As far I know, those spawn on TWO places only; outside of the fire dept, and on the Country Club guest parking, more on the club than on the station (I've seen as many as 3 at the same time with normal spawns).

3 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

I got lucky and found a fire pickup maybe once

Rarest of them all; Fire dept only.

4 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

No sign of the ambulance or radio van, or any postal/delivery livery vehicles either.

Saw the Ambulance and Mail outside of the Spiffo next to Nolan's once. Delivery Spiffo ones are best found on the Riverside Spiffo. Didn't even KNEW of the radio van....

5 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Also, no Fossoil trucks at all.

Those seem to exist as wrecks only; never seen any AT ALL.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Noticing now that liveried vehicles are extremely hard to come by. I haven't seen a single ranger vehicle ever since they made it so they only spawned in specific places. I got lucky and found a fire pickup maybe once. No sign of the ambulance or radio van, or any postal/delivery livery vehicles either. Also, no Fossoil trucks at all.

May want to consider adding in rare chances of each vehicle showing up in other spawn lists. After all, we are under the assumption that there was a police response to these events, right? And delivery trucks were caught on deliveries? 

Since these vehicles don't really add any particular benefit over others, I think it's a waste of their creation if they cannot be found. They should have a low, insignificant chance of showing up rarely. This will add some variety to the parking lots and also make it look like there was chaos (finding that the police showed up to somebody's house, for example).

I have not seen any of those vehicles at all only since the early testing days of the vehicle build. The ambulance , the fossoil truck,  liveries  variants of the step van, the Mccoy logging company truck, Radio van and ambulance. so far the only vehicle I have found with a liveries is the spiffo van. I hope to see a balance to increase the spawn of these vehicles as well.

Another thing I want to point out is the expensive sports cars only seem to spawn in the driveways of homes and not in the parking lots of the stores.

I'll tweak this today (re: special car spawning & color), for color i 'm gonna find more picture to have an idea as it's the total opposite of what we can find here (maybe 80% are either black/grey or white, and colored cars are mostly small car)

Edit: looking for 90's parking lot etc. I feel like it's 30% red, 30% white, 20% black/dark grey, 20% other (gold, brown, dark purple, green...) does this feel correct? (i'll have different tint of color don't worry,  all won't be the exact same red)

2 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

I'll tweak this today (re: special car spawning & color), for color i 'm gonna find more picture to have an idea as it's the total opposite of what we can find here (maybe 80% are either black/grey or white, and colored cars are mostly small car)

Edit: looking for 90's parking lot etc. I feel like it's 30% red, 30% white, 20% black/dark grey, 20% other (gold, brown, dark purple, green...) does this feel correct? (i'll have different tint of color don't worry,  all won't be the exact same red)

Red doesn't stand out particularly for the 90s, 30% is too generous. Red would be about as common as blue. Might want to lump red and the other "bold" colors together.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

18 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Red doesn't stand out particularly for the 90s, 30% is too generous. Red would be about as common as blue. Might want to lump red and the other "bold" colors together.

Yeah, I lowered a tad those numbers.. Here's what it looks like for now (it now also have a chance to spawn special vehicles)

Spoiler

newparking.png

newparking.png

Still has too much taxi in my opinion, i may lower their spawn chance a tad

bugs :

• Sometimes go ahead do engine on, sometimes no. don't know why.
  • If go ahead or back while engine choke (time between engine off and on) > engine off and remove key, some players don't understand why they can't start car.
  • key in neyman declare can't start engine (because no key) in "v" menu.
  • when engine on, can't switch on/off lights.

adds :

1. could be fun if car "dance" when pass on zombies
  2. There is a way to car in safehouse to be untouchable ? Factory and warehouse could become a more attractive place.
  3. Craft special bumper (spikes , shovel), could after all give an metalworking very big interest !

cars-deneigeuse.jpg

1. Craft metal wall :

11.png

want your opinion : damage on zombies at low speed.  hurt by car side (in turn) do corrects damages
But roll on zombies, not to mention speed, seems to deal same damage as baseball bat.
So there is raised car (like pick-up) who shouldn't deal more damage, but classic height car should deal very more damage, slowdown car and nullify acceleration (and move / change corps position).

Can give a tactical use of type of car and a good balance (I'm safe in my car) : 

• If isolated zombies, use a car to deal many damages, a truck will just hurt them.
  • if horde, can't use a car because you will stop right in the middle. Pick-up will pass on it, but deal less damages to each.
Edited by arkahys

@RobertJohnson Looks great! Only thing I'd have to say is there is a lack of blue vehicles. I agree about the taxi as well since they are really common.

Can't seem to take off gas tanks on the Station Wagon (could be a universal issue) and also it appears that the Station Wagon and Sedan have the same trunk size?

1992E06D21012D07221183E08FF89487210A94B3

FA4AC44CB59DC1ABE06F586702E61B4C60FD509F

Edited by Kim Jong Un

The sendItemsToContainer invalid object index error doesn't seem completely fixed for me. Certain containers seem a bit wonky. My wood stove has several cooking pots of water and a dead rabbit in it, and when I use the wood stove, it flickers and everything I take from it behaves weirdly or duplicates. All I previously did before was place these items in it, nothing odd. I can't take the items out. The same problem was also occurring with my mini fridge. But after some trial and error, I found oddly I could drag and drop them to the ground and they'd remove okay--just not my inventory. Doing this temporarily fixed those containers from flickering after removing them.

My fridge, powered by a generator, was working fine, but then I went to West Point and did a mall run. So after about 2-3 days my generator of course ran out of fuel, and I came back home and the fridge was flickering when trying to use it. Not sure leaving the cell or the generator are related or not, but that's what I did. Items taken out would duplicate and behave weirdly. Oddly, it worked fine if you looked at another container, then selected the fridge through the menu.

This is oddly only happening with fridges and wood stoves for me now.

Server console from when using these containers

Spoiler

1516945748972 ERROR sendItemsToContainer invalid object index
1516945782999 ERROR sendItemsToContainer invalid object index
1516946003275 ERROR sendItemsToContainer invalid object index
1516946003279 ERROR sendItemsToContainer invalid object index
Error: Dupe item ID for Kauna
1516946108178 ERROR sendItemsToContainer invalid object index
1516946108183 ERROR sendItemsToContainer invalid object index
1516946108188 ERROR sendItemsToContainer invalid object index
1516946108192 ERROR sendItemsToContainer invalid object index

The mall is far more stable than it was before, and the memory crashes I reported a while ago seem to be completely fixed after longer testing. But with 4.0 zombie population, it's almost unplayably laggy (even on a good PC) and the zombie behaviour is erratic-- they'll sometimes appear in the air, glitching and going up and down.

edit: one other sync problem I've noticed, is that sometimes 1-2 containers, never many, will disappear and then I have to quit the game and rejoin the server for them to reappear. Only seen it happen with player made crates (could be coincidence) and it seems very random to where I can't reproduce it.

Edited by NorthRoad

1 hour ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Additionally, HAM radios in cars (at least the police truck I found with one) do not function. You can listen to the different channels, but there is no indication that it is a military radio.

Really loving the changes so far! Keep up the good work.

When you click on the radio in the mechanics menu you should see "military radio" and not just "valu-tech radio" in the top right infos.

Also for blue cars: tbh i didn't see lot of blues car when looking for images on google.. really lots of red/white and grey/black... Just google images of arial parking lots.. Well, gives me screenshot you think they are really representative i'll adjust my RNG then :)

1 hour ago, RobertJohnson said:

When you click on the radio in the mechanics menu you should see "military radio" and not just "valu-tech radio" in the top right infos.

Also for blue cars: tbh i didn't see lot of blues car when looking for images on google.. really lots of red/white and grey/black... Just google images of arial parking lots.. Well, gives me screenshot you think they are really representative i'll adjust my RNG then :)

It actually displays "wavedevice" or the default, there is no option for microphones or anything.

As for blue cars, that aerial shot that was shared on the thread earlier showcased a significant amount of blue cars - only thing is, the image was overexposed, so they would appear to be black/silver as opposed to metallic blue due to the saturation.

Parkinglot90s.thumb.jpg.968418f49b6370a277b4b51f979497ff.jpg

Those are definitely light and dark blue vehicles, you can pick them out easily from the silver due to silver's lack of reflected blue. Even bluish silver pops up just as many times as the red cars do, but the red cars stand out more.

Needless to say, they are much more common than purple (which came up more than a few times in your preview).

These aren't specifically from the 90s, but adding "USA" to the end of the aerial parking lot view search brought these up. Definitely a strong presence of blue cars, even if the lighter blues are harder to miss.

dulles-airport-virginia-usa-aerial-view-

This is a satellite image, Virginia.

stock-photo-aerial-view-full-cars-at-lar

Houston.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

45 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

It actually displays "wavedevice" or the default, there is no option for microphones or anything.

As for blue cars, that aerial shot that was shared on the thread earlier showcased a significant amount of blue cars - only thing is, the image was overexposed, so they would appear to be black/silver as opposed to metallic blue due to the saturation.

Parkinglot90s.thumb.jpg.968418f49b6370a277b4b51f979497ff.jpg

Those are definitely light and dark blue vehicles, you can pick them out easily from the silver due to silver's lack of reflected blue. Even bluish silver pops up just as many times as the red cars do, but the red cars stand out more.

Needless to say, they are much more common than purple (which came up more than a few times in your preview).

These aren't specifically from the 90s, but adding "USA" to the end of the aerial parking lot view search brought these up. Definitely a strong presence of blue cars, even if the lighter blues are harder to miss.

dulles-airport-virginia-usa-aerial-view-

This is a satellite image, Virginia.

stock-photo-aerial-view-full-cars-at-lar

Houston.

Kim, 1 foto of parking lot is 2001 (Mini Copper second hit market in 2001) or later and one late 90's, and on first foto more cars that color is early 80. I remeber that cars from 50, 60, 70's and early 80's were more color full, Car's I saw in current build are more late 80's and early 90's (Look to buy car that age on internet). More colors where on sport car's. All image's present sport car's from that age.  And also remember that sattelite's images in 1993 where possibly only for millitary in very low resolution.  

mus.jpg

mus1.jpg

cov1.jpeg

Edited by Thegeorgegman