RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

2 hours ago, arkahys said:

• Somes car with missing parts and carcasses are very inconveniant ( to safeplace arrangement), becoming hard to remove. the only way is to hurt it, and destruct 2 or 3 car to move it out of place.
    Use a rope to tow them or add a tow truck ?

I'd like to be able to dismantle the vehicle frames with a blowtorch. It gets the vehicle out of the way, increases your metalworking skill, and possibly provides some scrap metal.

Shin

Build Vehicle 34:

[New]

• Added car overlay in the vehicle Mechanics UI. (Scaling isn't done properly yet, it should be less blurry in the next update)
  • Added /addvehicle server command to spawn a new vehicle.
  • Added ClientCommandFilter server option to reduce vehicle-related cmd.txt spam.
  • Added trunk lids that may be opened/closed/locked/unlocked.
  • Fixed pathfinding bugs with solidtrans objects adjacent to windows.
  • Display progress when converting an old save to a new world version.
  • Added font-size option for inventory (and carpentry) tooltips.
  • Save chunks even if none need loading.
  • Added rear windows on small car.
  • Radios can now be uninstalled or installed, it'll appears as an inventory item like battery, etc. Police car, fire dept... Will spawn with Ham Radio.

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed key binding for the horn still causes it to occur while the chat panel is active.
  • Fixed zombies not seeing a player that respawned after death in-game.
  • Fixed player respawning in safehouse when SafehouseAllowRespawn=false.
  • Fixed crafting sometimes taking tool from a bag when one is in main inventory.
  • Fixed player facing the wrong way when turning a stove on/off.
  • Fixed Loot Window displaying the "Transfer All" button which does nothing.
  • Fixed exception loading a vehicle with its sirens turned on.
  • Fixed server exception when player exited a vehicle.
  • Fixed trunk condition after repair not being synced in multiplayer.
  • Fixed "VehicleManager.clientReceiveUpdate get invalid data" when starting vehicles.
  • Fixed player position being outside the vehicle when they're inside in multiplayer.
  • Fixed clients disconnecting while in a vehicle still occupying a seat.
  • Prevent dragging window resize handle off the bottom of the screen.
  • Fixed exception in RandomizeModel due to unknown vehicle script.
  • Fixed jumbo trees not having physics.
  • Fixed not exiting a vehicle when the door is locked.
  • Fixed multiplayer exception when opening a vehicle's trunk.
  • Fixed player actions not working after trying a walk-to action while in a vehicle.
  • Check for -novoip in three more places.
  • Fixed "ran out of unique zombie id numbers" by limiting real zombies to 32768.
  • Fixed exception loading chunks in multiplayer due to from loot-respawn changes.
  • Fixed "ERROR sendItemsToContainer invalid object index" in console.
  • Fixed radio/tv static sounds not respecting different framerates.
  • Fixed trees lack collision in game worlds created prior to build 39.33.
  • Fixed Override:true not working for recipes with "." in the name.
  • Fixed zombies being attracted to lightswitches at night when the lightswitch was loaded/synced.
  • Fixed Obsolete:true in recipes not working with translated recipe names.
  • Fixed burnt/survivor/stash houses not always spawning.
  • Fixed vehicle displayed container weight not being adjusted for Organized/Disorganized traits.
  • Fixed object loaded size does not equal save size.
  • Hopefully Linux dedi server are working now.

51 minutes ago, NorthRoad said:

Wow, so many fixes and changes, that's all way more than I expected. Fantastic! :shock:

Could you give an example of using the addvehicle command? help says it's addvehicle \"script"\ \"user or x.y.z"\, but I'm unsure of what to put in \"script"\. Can I use this to spawn a specific colour/skin of a vehicle too?

I have the same question, I tried to spawn car for 15 min. When I type ambulance in place of script then The command cant find my user name

Just now, RobertJohnson said:

Scripts are in media/workdir/scripts/vehicles

Idk if it need to have the module included (it's all Tim work :)) but script should be either stuff like "VanAmbulance" or "Base.PickUp" (check vehicle name in each script :))

/addVehicle "Base.VanAmbulance" "EnigmaGrey"

SportCar also works. Assuming I remember.

Edited the help command to add an example, here's all the car list:

Spoiler

Base.CarNormal 
Base.SmallCar  
Base.SmallCar02
Base.PickUpTruck
Base.PickUpVan  
Base.CarStationWagon
Base.CarStationWagon2
Base.VanSeats   
Base.CarTaxi    
Base.CarTaxi2   
Base.Van        
Base.StepVan   

Base.ModernCar
Base.ModernCar02
Base.SUV

Base.SportsCar

Base.VanRadio

Base.VanAmbulance

Base.VanSpiffo

Base.StepVanMail

Base.PickUpVanLights

Base.PickUpTruckLights

Base.CarLights

Base.PickUpVanLightsFire

Base.PickUpTruckLightsFire

Base.CarLightsPolice

Base.PickUpVanLightsPolice

Hope I didn't forget one !

In an older save, I had this beautiful olive green SUV that looked military. I had no idea just how rare that colour was back then. I gave the addvehicle command a go to see if I could get one like it, and talk about black vehicles being more common, haha.

Spoiler

B365D8A4BD4A29777F23A34B26FBAC03697A3D36

Would be nice if you could optionally specify a colour parameter. I thought this was funny, though. Out of all these, only one is even similar to the olive SUV I had that once--the one nearest me--and it's too bright!

MSI MS-7821 mobo, Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz, 8GB RAM, Win7 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 3.9GB

Played for about 10 minutes. Not seeing any issues (other than, yeah, as warned, not compatible with older saves).

Do you guys need more specific feedback than that? I saw there was a list of points to consider when providing beta feedback in the other thread that preceding this one, but that was like 3 months and ~100 thread pages ago.

1 minute ago, trombonaught said:

No idea where this is, but here's what i think of for colour composition of a North American parking lot in the 90s.

7718653448_e3f1751221_b.jpg

Yes, that looks accurate. More variety of colors these days, but as far as I know white remains the most common.

Edited by DicheBach
addit

17 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Trunk and trunk damage refers to the entire rear of the vehicle, so if you back into something hard you're capacity will drop. There's a bug where fixing this with welding (or duct tape) will not actually repair the capacity. The option to replace trunks was removed a long time ago due to the idea of replacing the rear end of one car with another is very illogical with the current implementation due to it having no business being a serious option in regards to basic mechanic work. If it reverted to how it worked before this oversight was fixed, you would be able to replace the trunk of a station wagon with the trunk compartment of a regular sedan (and the station wagon would receive no bonus at all for literally being a bigger sedan). Thankfully this was fixed.

Car keys are tricky to find, but they spawn in glove boxes, sometimes in the ignition, and in shelves of houses. They also occasionally spawn in parking lots. I have only seen them in shelves when inside. Otherwise they are relatively hard to find. I wouldn't mind seeing an increase here.

I understand, but I feel that maybe having the lid (as it is named now) as a separate part could be better. Capacity defined by trunk, chance of items falling defined by the lid. And allow us to force trunk lids open, with crowbars or whatever.

Also images are worth a thousand words, right?

AmazingPhysics.jpg.f67ab4c993a60df88092564340d76968.jpg

I have one idea about vehicles build, it would be nice to have more traffic signt's like etc.  left turn, right turn (until of corse you damage the sign). To make road's more real, and give player some idea to slow down before turn.  Some speed limit sings would be great too

And I notice that command to span Mail Van is not working. Rest of car's spawn

And I can't open a trunk even with a car key, trunk opion inside a car don;t work too

Edited by Thegeorgegman

43 minutes ago, Thegeorgegman said:

I have one idea about vehicles build, it would be nice to have more traffic signt's like etc.  left turn, right turn (until of corse you damage the sign). To make road's more real, and give player some idea to slow down before turn.  Some speed limit sings would be great too

And I notice that command to span Mail Van is not working. Rest of car's spawn

And I can't open a trunk even with a car key, trunk opion inside a car don;t work too

After unlocking the trunk from inside the car, to the back and stand in the green rectangle.

Press E.

The trunk should now be open and viewable.