RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

19 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Next time the containers vanish, grab the console.txt, coop_server.txt, and server_console.txt file from %UserProfile%\Zomboid.  You can just attach it to your reply with the "Drag files here to attach" bar at the bottom.

Should be an interesting log. :D

Been trying to reproduce it for a while now by running my own servers ingame, but failing. It may have something to do with our other save being from 33.3 where the main problem appeared after the 33.4 patch was released. Perhaps a save conversion issue due to the world loot respawn change? Not sure though.

When the world converted there were a couple containers that didn't appear immediately but popped into existence moments later, before I even noticed they weren't there. Haven't been able to reproduce it either.

The container flickering is constant though, so far it has only happened in those two particular freezers (potentially because they are the most full).

28 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

When the world converted there were a couple containers that didn't appear immediately but popped into existence moments later, before I even noticed they weren't there. Haven't been able to reproduce it either.

The container flickering is constant though, so far it has only happened in those two particular freezers (potentially because they are the most full).

Is it the container icon in the inventory pane that disappears or the tile in the game world?

21 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Is it the container icon in the inventory pane that disappears or the tile in the game world?

The tile, actually, but it came into view within several seconds and hasn't come up again. Freshly converted world. Definitely had me concerned until it came back.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Hello. Me and my friend are having some issues too. We are playing on dedicated server, using some mods(well, doesn't look like they do cause these troubles).

1. Some trees, walls, furniture(read containers), indoor lights are disappearing.

2. Fridge's UI is flickering like mad.

3. Fixing trunk doesn't work properly. (e.g.: trunk state is 30%, fixing it with duct tape gives 18%. Right after fixing the mechanic UI says 48%, but, if you reconnect it says 39%)

This build is unplayable for us. :(

console.txt

coop-console.txt

8 hours ago, Cheesey5D said:

Hello. Me and my friend are having some issues too. We are playing on dedicated server, using some mods(well, doesn't look like they do cause these troubles).

1. Some trees, walls, furniture(read containers), indoor lights are disappearing.

3. Fixing trunk doesn't work properly. (e.g.: trunk state is 30%, fixing it with duct tape gives 18%. Right after fixing the mechanic UI says 48%, but, if you reconnect it says 39%)

console.txt

coop-console.txt

Did weird things start happening only after trying to trigger the light bar / siren on a car?

Looks like there's also this error after loading the game:

java.nio.BufferUnderflowException
    at java.nio.Buffer.nextGetIndex(Buffer.java:506)
    at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.getInt(HeapByteBuffer.java:361)
    at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:2249)
    at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:1307)
    at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.DoChunkAlways(WorldStreamer.java:173)
    at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.DoChunk(WorldStreamer.java:164)
    at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer$1.run(WorldStreamer.java:111)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

which should be fixed in the vers, courtesy of EasyPickens. 

5 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Did weird things start happening only after trying to trigger the light bar / siren on a car?

Looks like there's also this error after loading the game:

java.nio.BufferUnderflowException
    at java.nio.Buffer.nextGetIndex(Buffer.java:506)
    at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.getInt(HeapByteBuffer.java:361)
    at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:2249)
    at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:1307)
    at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.DoChunkAlways(WorldStreamer.java:173)
    at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.DoChunk(WorldStreamer.java:164)
    at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer$1.run(WorldStreamer.java:111)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

which should be fixed in the vers, courtesy of EasyPickens. 

No, we were using sirens and light bars few days ago for the last time and had no such cars around us (maybe drove past them, but reconnected after). Also, I suppose there are no such bugs in SP. (I started a new game. Haven't tried to move existing containers though, but making wooden shelves&boxes doesn't broke anything for me)

On 2018/1/19 at 8:05 PM, RobertJohnson said:

Build Vehicle 33.4:

[Balance]
Reverse the previous exp gain change because of a MP exp give sync bug I fixed.
Changed how CarGeneralCondition works on part condition: now it's a random % and not a fixed number per value (will avoid having lots of parts at 70% condition in MP).
Removed the "Ignition status" in the mechanic UI, was here to help people but it seems it confuse it. Friendly reminder if your car doesn't start: check battery charge & fuel from the mechanic UI.

Does "Ignition status" come again ?

Thank you for fine fix for 70% issue. I was trying to find car with the best quality, and I found again best one parked near lumber company. I remember in one of previous updates - it was possible to find car with some stats 100%. Now max is 89%-90%. Much better than 70% issue, but far away from perfection. I think it's good still, but anyone else having similar stats or it's just me?

almost.jpg

On 20.01.2018 at 5:32 PM, Cheesey5D said:

console.txt

coop-console.txt

I and my friend's have the same problem.  Only when I am the only player on server then every thing is working. I have still the same problem, that game synchronization fail's after 5-15 min of game whith another players. Car's dissaper (If not i can't turn them on/off) zombies to. Stuff in container's is still there.

2 hours ago, Thegeorgegman said:

I and my friend's have the same problem.  Only when I am the only player on server then every thing is working. I have still the same problem, that game synchronization fail's after 5-15 min of game whith another players. Car's dissaper (If not i can't turn them on/off) zombies to. Stuff in container's is still there.

I reported this same bug in the spiffospace discord server earlier today. For me it happens right away and the server only works properly for whoever the first person to join the game is. It's pretty severe and outright gamebreaking--can't really play with it at all. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. :-)

22 minutes ago, Zeantra said:

sorry if this has been asked already, but is there any way to remove the burned out car leftovers? ( i mean, can i break them down or push them somewhere else?)

I just tried ramming a wreck in a van. It didn't move.

11 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Played our MP server with other people today.

Absolutely gamebreaking bug: Disappearing bug and resetting loot containers, we lost all of our stuff.

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

mpconsole.txt

server-console.txt

Just want to check on these things:

DId you try to modify the vehicle scripts at some point?

(I'm guessing not, but it appears to be failing when trying to load the vehicles themselves.)

No mods or edited scripts @EnigmaGrey

I just hopped on the server, saw that our stuff was gone and hopped off.

On an unrelated note the power died at my host so I couldn't shut down the server properly, so I'm hoping there's a chance our freezers could still be there after the patch.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

14 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

No mods or edited scripts @EnigmaGrey

I just hopped on the server, saw that our stuff was gone and hopped off.

On an unrelated note the power died at my host so I couldn't shut down the server properly, so I'm hoping there's a chance our freezers could still be there after the patch.

Did these errors (BufferUnderflow in the server console txt) happen after the power outage? 

26 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Did these errors (BufferUnderflow in the server console txt) happen after the power outage? 

There were 121 errors on the screen before I switched to the admin to shut down the server (power outage IRL happened when I logged as admin). This was the last time I had my server up.

I just pulled the server console as soon as my computer finished rebooting. Nobody else was on the server at that time, but the server has been shut down safely every time before this.

I haven't rebooted the server at all since, the IRL outage happened after the bugs and our stuff vanished, so it's probably unrelated. I'm just concerned that not having the server shut down properly will affect the validity of any further testing.

TL;DR outage was what closed the server but everything happened before that point.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

1 minute ago, Kim Jong Un said:

There were 121 errors on the screen before I switched to the admin to shut down the server (power outage IRL happened when I logged as admin). This was the last time I had my server up.

I just pulled the server console as soon as my computer finished rebooting. Nobody else was on the server at that time, but the server has been shut down safely every time before this.

I haven't rebooted the server at all since, the IRL outage happened after the bugs and our stuff vanished, so it's probably unrelated. I'm just concerned that not having the server shut down properly will affect the validity of any further testing.

Okay.

See if the ...\zomboid\saves\servertest\blam folder exists on your server. If it does, sort it by date (most recent) and grab a few of the bin/txt files. You can upload them to your reply or just DM them to me. Might be helpful in figuring out what happened.