RELEASED: Vehicle Test 33
27 27

909 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Played our MP server with other people today.

Absolutely gamebreaking bug: Disappearing bug and resetting loot containers, we lost all of our stuff.

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

mpconsole.txt

server-console.txt

Same exact thing as happened to us. I'm thinking this + the containers flickering (which i'm failing at reproducing) may only occur in multiplayer with multiple people on the server. Will have to test that at some point. 

13 minutes ago, iwawa said:

Same exact thing as happened to us. I'm thinking this + the containers flickering (which i'm failing at reproducing) may only occur in multiplayer with multiple people on the server. Will have to test that at some point. 

Likewise, could you check if you have a /blam/ folder and upload a few of the chunks/text files here?

Using a car as a lure device is no longer effective. I can idle a car and repeatedly honk the horn, and zombies ~25 squares away will ignore it entirely - standing in place, staring at their feet.

This is with insane hordes, vehicle attraction multiplier on default of 1, and zombie hearing at poor.

Shin

39 minutes ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

Using a car as a lure device is no longer effective. I can idle a car and repeatedly honk the horn, and zombies ~25 squares away will ignore it entirely - standing in place, staring at their feet.

This is with insane hordes, vehicle attraction multiplier on default of 1, and zombie hearing at poor.

Shin

I'm experiencing the exact opposite of this even after the recent reduction in horn, can't say I've done it in the most recent build however.

Zed have normal hearing and vehicle attraction is .8

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Anytime i take a long drive it takes the multiplayer server some time to catch up.

For example, i arrive at new location, wait 10-15 seconds, parked cars appear first then zombies.

Also i found a Spiffo van, i attempted and failed to hotwire it (i've hotwired various vehicles previously).

2 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

I'm experiencing the exact opposite of this even after the recent reduction in horn, can't say I've done it in the most recent build however.

Zed have normal hearing and vehicle attraction is .8

If you get a chance, could you retest this with the new build? I do this as my first priority for clearing zeds from neighborhoods, and I couldn't get more than a small crowd of ~40 zombies to follow me at a given time.

Thanks

Shin

7 hours ago, JayM said:

Anytime i take a long drive it takes the multiplayer server some time to catch up.

For example, i arrive at new location, wait 10-15 seconds, parked cars appear first then zombies.

Also i found a Spiffo van, i attempted and failed to hotwire it (i've hotwired various vehicles previously).

I'm on the public server right now and I experienced the same thing some time ago.

Also there are a few actions that appear to lag behind, or that don't seem to register correctly: for example removing sheet curtains from windows. I tried to remove a sheet I placed on a window, and it lagged a very long time, maybe more than 30 seconds, to the point I believed it was bugged and wouldn't let me to.

I also can't remove grass from the ground: the action completes, but nothing changes in the tile, and the option to remove the grass stays there. On the other hand stuff like barricading with planks, cutting down trees, etc, looks instantaneous.

Another yet different issue is a balance one: foraging makes you sleepy very quickly, it's too much. I started foraging (lvl 1) just as I had woken up, and by the time I got level 2 I was already dead tired. It took me about 10 or 15 "forage" commands.

6 hours ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

If you get a chance, could you retest this with the new build? I do this as my first priority for clearing zeds from neighborhoods, and I couldn't get more than a small crowd of ~40 zombies to follow me at a given time.

Thanks

Shin

Yeah if we could get some clarity on this that would be handy. Maybe the horn radius reduction had knock-on effects. 

Spiffospace server crash... when somebody hotwire, destruct my car and uninstall parts (don't know if is related). i realize server crash because the two container bug (refresh and desappear) stopped but nothing "for the game was wrong", i could have kept on play without be in contact with server.

SP Bugs :

• trunk capacity is less for "car break" than "2 place car"
  • can't acces van trunk by front seat
  • garages are tiny to car (not really a bug)
  • Z's crush and hurt seems to deal sames damages at low speed.
  • i think car acceleration is very low.

MP bugs (on spiffospace):

• with key in neiman :

shortcut "start engin" (n) doesn't work.
in "v" menu option "start engin" is declare like no key (need lvl 3 mecha + 1 elec to hirewire).
have to remove key from neiman, then use "v" menu and option "start engine" work (with key in inventory).

stop engine in "v" menu , sometimes desepear key (from inventory)

• Random car jacking when interact with other windows (click "pin window", chat, etc...)
  • server seems to not apply all "get out of car" :

2 sec later, we reappear in car, or

Z's around don't see me (i can kill 20 Z's without  they look at me)

• container limits from sit don't match (sometimes can more fill, soometimes less)
  • hotwire is the game for children on server.... (prevent by : padlock or hoof car to the police station, lvl up hire wire, reclaim car, resized garage and lockable door, etc...)
  • container refresh bug : when look at a container, a refresh bug occurs (about 1/2 sec), the higlight selected container flash. Each refresh reset contain in this container. if many container, select and other one, but each refresh  reselect first container.

prevent refresh bug : if occur, have to choose  "floor container" then select one container.

"refresh bug" stop (until i open inventory window or modify "containers list" (by look at others or different direction).
cheat of this bug : Duplicate edible or brokable objects. Everything who generate new object (because add the same erase older) : up electricty by disassemble again and again the same CDplayer, lot of slice on one : watermelon, ham, cheese. Duplicate edible or brokable objects.

• Container desappear bug : random desappear, exept oven or/and fridge. very often when many containers.

prevent desappear bug : select an oven do reappear container most of the time.

Adds :

• carry 4 or 6 player at the back of van (or pick-up with shooting possibility, but players should be sitting visible), as hold-up or police intervention.
Edited by arkahys