RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

Hello,

I have a problem with loot spawn in multiplayer in the recent 31.1 vehicle patch. Compare to unpatched 31 version of the vehicle build, loot in multiplayer(Survival preset) became very rare. No major loot in crates, kitchen counters, etc. While in singleplayer(again, Survival preset), loot spawns normally. So what's the matter?

6 minutes ago, Fixx said:

Hello,

I have a problem with loot spawn in multiplayer in the recent 31.1 vehicle patch. Compare to unpatched 31 version of the vehicle build, loot in multiplayer(Survival preset) became very rare. No major loot in crates, kitchen counters, etc. While in singleplayer(again, Survival preset), loot spawns normally. So what's the matter?

Very rare, or entirely non-existent? I'll add it to Yuri's list for tomorrow.

Edit: And a new game, or a converted save?

1 hour ago, Batsphinx said:

Can confirm, I made a new save for build 31.1 on multiplayer and there's no loot on fridges, counters... (I haven't seen anything in these containers, even on multiple houses)

11 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

New game, saw a bit of a loot in counters. Looks like chances of spawn are messed up.

Edited by Fixx
Grammar

1 hour ago, Batsphinx said:

Have raised the issues with Yuri - sounds like he's fixing it now.

Are people still seeing the player-obscuring annoyances that crept back into the recent builds? Or can I strike that one from the record?

I played with friend and didn't see these annoyances, so I guess you can forget about them for now... I think

2 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Have raised the issues with Yuri - sounds like he's fixing it now.

Are people still seeing the player-obscuring annoyances that crept back into the recent builds? Or can I strike that one from the record?

PS:. Are you aware that the dedicated server via linux throws up the following when started ? :

pzexe: arg: pzserver
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no PZBullet64 in java.library.path
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1886)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:849)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1088)
        at zombie.core.physics.Bullet.init(Bullet.java:38)
        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:312)

parked cars half on top of other cars is still happening same with floating destroyed cars, newest build no mods and a new save

oh and its SP dont know if thats important or not just gonna add that aswell

Edited by Minnigin

We have several homebrew UK style towns including the typical North of England terraced houses . Once the Roof bug appeared we have been unable to play those towns either sp or mp. Tried the new patch for vehicle build and although some improvement to sloping roof  now flat roofs do not clear away eg in industrial complexes so maps are still unplayable expected bugs so not complaining just a heads up       Duh have just seen the 36.4 build roll back on steam  that works perfectly :)  keep up the good work

Edited by Jal D`aron
Spotted the roll back

On 1/4/2018 at 12:33 PM, Fixx said:

Hello,

My friend and I are having this same issue trying to start a multiplayer game.  Tried deleting world / players and re-rolling about 5 times and are consistently unable to get any loot in counters / fridges, checked multiple houses each time.  Bookshelves seem to work fine, and the shelves in grocery stores.  Seems like some containers just don't get the memo to spawn in loot.  Didn't mess with any of the loot spawning presets.

every other house I attempt to add sheets to the windows I get one or two windows that only allow me to add the sheet from the outside.

-Anything I post in a build thread is played with the build its about (obviously, shut up Minnigin) with no mods and new saves-

edit : and I max all settings and play survival SP so I won't be helpful for MP related issues :(

Edited by Minnigin

22 hours ago, Jal D`aron said:

We have several homebrew UK style towns including the typical North of England terraced houses . Once the Roof bug appeared we have been unable to play those towns either sp or mp. Tried the new patch for vehicle build and although some improvement to sloping roof  now flat roofs do not clear away eg in industrial complexes so maps are still unplayable expected bugs so not complaining just a heads up       Duh have just seen the 36.4 build roll back on steam  that works perfectly :)  keep up the good work

Was this working okay previously in the vehicles build then? 

Some aspects of user maps will have to be updated with this new system, I believe.

31.2 released

A fix to correct remaining MP sync issues and loot spawn.

(We'll be getting onto more actual gameplay/vehicle related stuff in the next build. We just want the MP basics up to scratch so we can get testing folks onto our own Spiffospace server)

EDIT: Dedicated server not updated yet though, RJ just fixing up the Linux issue first.

MP sync issues still seem to need some improvement. Placed some food in a fridge and it disappeared. Put a ton of items in the truck of a trunk and my friend couldn't see that they were there. Feels a lot better than it did, though, and the sync issues seem like they are less common.

@Batsphinx You may want to consider dropping the weight of human bodies to 20, a little less than the ingame carry weight of vending machines.

This could fix the issue of not being able to move a realistic amount of bodies with the trunks of cars. The average sedan could fit two bodies if this change is made, so it would make sense.

This would add a lot to letting people use vehicles to move bodies. As moving bodies already occupies both hands on foot, there won't be much negative effect to lowering the weight rather than being able to stuff a realistic amount in the back of vehicles, while fixing a present issue at the same time (that vehicles of all sizes currently cannot be used to move more than 1-2 bodies).

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Is anyone finding the 'inventory open' game stutter described here in the vanilla vehicles build? Or is it only when people are running mods?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/1/1620600279673206765/#c1620600279676146360

"Every time I open my inventory and hover my mouse over any item, I get stutters like every 3-5 seconds and It kept going as long as I kept highlighting any item in the inventory, also my CPU usage goes 95%-100%, instead of average 60-70%"

It happened to me, I just deleted the whole game including the Zomboid files and fixed a lot of performance problems I had, and I run mods. Although this shouldn't be a solution if you have important saves or data.

Never mind I was out of the vehicle test branch, now I can notice the slutter, and it's way awful than when I tested it a week ago. Looks like it's caused only by the vehicle test build and possibly, Hydrocraft.

Edited by axeladalidez78

I had that game stutter once (every time I moved cursor over item on my inventory, was very annoying, and almost unplayable at my i7 CPU). At the start of new day (after my character wake up) I quit current game, and then I make a backup of my save. This game stutter was happening when I came back to main menu without exiting the game completely, I made backup of my current save in folder, and then just pressed "continue". So I realized it must be something with not properly cleared cache or something, so every time I make a backup, I quit to main menu and then quit game, restarting game, and such stutter never happening to me again.

Edited by Lucas