RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

1. Sometimes I can't enter the car, even if I have key and the green square shows that I should be able to enter inside (I press "E" many times), no matter in which direction I turn my character, it doesn't work at all, this bug appears mostly in cars parked in irregular way diagonally, when part of the car is on grass, and the other part of the car is at the road (not sure if it matters). Maybe it should be right click option to enter to car as driver if it's not possible to fix this issue?

Be sure if the seats you want to sit is empty from items.

I have some doubts about trunk capacity. In real life is possible to stuck in up to 5 big bags including spare wheel in average sedan, and i'm even not mention about pickups\minivans. Here we got a 50-80 trunk capacity, and it's means about 2 full bag. I am personally make some changes into configs(was fun to search reference for someone's son) to increase capacitance, but i think it must be in stock version.

Capacity is set the way it is for gameplay balance. I know what you're saying but vehicles would be quite OP and/or become too essential. 

That's not to say the numbers won't get tweaked if it's felt they don't carry enough but it's one of the examples where gameplay trumps realism, which has been one of the mantras of PZ development.

It must be something wrong with my game, because all cars I find parked around having only 70% max in any stats. I was not able to find a car with more than 70% quality. And beside 90% of cars having no fuel at all, and some just 5 fuel. Anyone encountered such issue?

Maybe because I started to play character with luck trait, and then after that character died, I started with new one, without luck trait, and all stats of newly discovered cars went down?

70 percent.jpg

Edited by Lucas

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

It must be something wrong with my game, because all cars I find parked around having only 70% max in any stats. I was not able to find a car with more than 70% quality. And beside 90% of cars having no fuel at all, and some just 5 fuel. Anyone encountered such issue?

Maybe because I started to play character with luck trait, and then after that character died, I started with new one, without luck trait, and all stats of newly discovered cars went down?

I've noticed that too, and I didn't have the trait.

Finding dead bodies in cars, especially the ones on the roads, would be another great addition. Unfortunately the developers would have to cave on the space in vehicles being too small for bodies.

Speaking of which, moving bodies would be a lot more feasible if you guys expanded the trunk size of the open pickup (and potentially the vans). The car trunk sizes are fine, but I feel like those big-ticket moving vehicles should be feasible options for moving bodies.

Scratch that, a better idea for game balance that would eliminate this problem entirely: Reduce the weight of bodies ingame to 15-20, since currently they are heavier than vending machines.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

The tires inflation speed is rather TOO SLOW for anyone to really use. I mean seriously pumping a tire from 0 to 40 takes (40 x 50 x (40 / 5)) / 60 = 267 seconds = 4 minutes and 27 seconds.

So if I replace 4 tires, am I going to wait 16+ minutes just to pump to full. Though I have made a mod just to solve this slow issue (while waiting for official game to release something better than this), it is rather insane for anyone to wait that long...

Deflation speed however is like lighting... less than 30 seconds.

You may be onto something, dude....

It would make lots of sense to find dead bodies on cars; I mean, lots of the cars we find crashed, no? And PZ takes place in the early 90s, the seat belt regulations were much more lax back then (if they existed; according to THIS article, the state of Kentucky only passed their first Seat Belt law on 1992, so PZ-verse wise, the drafts of this law may end up used as fuel for someone's BBQ...) and airbags became mandatory only for cars built after 1989 (meaning most older cars in PZ could lack them) hence a much higher chance of death.

So, it would make sense to find corpses at cars, dead at the wheel. Or maybe the didn't die from the accident... they died of infection.... and when you open the door to their car to take their loot they may spring to (un)life and chase you.

I think this would make a pretty good risk factor when stealing/looting a car; what if the previous owner is inside? And wants to take a bite off you?

Hope the devs look into this....

my games freezes and never work again (stops working when i click several tmes) when i was shooting at a horde. a random zombie cause the problem. when i shoot at it/kill it game freezes. (it happend only in beta vehicle mod)

and when i get back my previuos save, there is no zombies, if i am in a building, it's turn out a safe house, and no dead bodies which i previosly killed.

Edited by sikiter

19 minutes ago, TheZombiesPro115 said:

The veteran should have a buff to knockdown chance as he's probably trained in melle and the inability to panic makes axe horde disposal much more difficult and risky what with them not falling over near as much.

You should put this under the pz suggestions category. I don't think this thread is really monitored for anything except stuff that is specific to development of the vehicles build.

Hey all - dev is coming back online after Christmas and New Year a bit now.

We have something that should fix the player-visibility issues that surfaced in recent builds that ChrisW coded last night, and I think Yuri has updated his MP sync work too. We're aiming to get a patch out for everyone as soon as we can.

3 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

Vehicle Test Version 31.1 released

• Issues of player-obscuring addressed
  • MP item sync issues fixed

This patch should improve both issues for now, but coders for both issues are still working on related stuff. It's hopefully enough to tide people over until Build 32 next week though. 

We have to wait till next week for you guys to fix the mechanics books and balance out xp? :(

I'm just now starting to mess around with the mechanic skill system, and I have to agree that the xp gain is horrible.

With a 3x multiplier and a mechanic skill of 1, I took all the tires, windows, doors, and lights off a car. I pulled the seats out and put them back in a few times, and I now have a grand total of 9xp for roughly half a game day of monkeying with it.

The electrical skill is the same, but not quite as bad. As a side note you should be able to dismantle fridges, microwaves, stoves, and street lamps...

Shin

8 minutes ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

I'm just now starting to mess around with the mechanic skill system, and I have to agree that the xp gain is horrible.

With a 3x multiplier and a mechanic skill of 1, I took all the tires, windows, doors, and lights off a car. I pulled the seats out and put them back in a few times, and I now have a grand total of 9xp for roughly half a game day of monkeying with it.

The electrical skill is the same, but not quite as bad. As a side note you should be able to dismantle fridges, microwaves, stoves, and street lamps...

Shin

I think there are some bugs in there on different engine parts that don't help the process much either. Definitely needs looking at.

Hey, so I'm playing with a friend and he placed some garbage bags in a container. When I opened the container it was empty. So I went and placed another bag in THAT container, and the missing garbage bags appeared! Looks like containers don't "refresh" unless you actually place something.