RELEASED: Vehicle Test 41

RobertJohnson

28 minutes ago, DramaSetter said:

The BIGGEST problem of PZ is that most of players just don't know what to do, play 3-8 hour and abandone the game.

A condition also known as Earlyaccessitis.

Edited by Svarog

2 hours ago, Zeantra said:

so all the bags now have 50 capacity, btw, :)

also, i'm new to this beta, how can you be a mechanic? i can't find the option in character creation anywhere, thx!

This is not added yet, you can do whatever you want with your car right now without skill..

Edited by DramaSetter

My current issues with the build, otherwise working quite alright so far:

1. The gross mislayered railings/walls are still present, not in IWBUMS but just the vehicle build.

Spoiler

D62512D2639E8946846708901EDE59E18B27F280

As well as various other map bugs.

2.  This directly pertains to mechanics feedback @RobertJohnson844F7647199456C679A814EC53F89CA2072D81AD

This vehicle has 100% engine condition and it suddenly died while driving.

Engines randomly dying while driving is an indicator of other major problems within the engine as they don't do that. This random event should be saved just for low quality/damaged engines and nothing else. 

Also, the big box truck only has a 50 capacity trunk, IMO that should have an extra zero to the end of it as storage is meant to be it's specialty.

3. The newer vehicles should be spread into other zones at almost equal rate of others as newer cars can still be pretty prevalent even in low-income areas.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Thanks Glorious Leader!

The car stalling, I think, is due to old code based on engine quality (something i randomly choose depending on the zone), i'll check this and base it on engine condition.

Sure you had gas tho? To check battery charge you can click on the battery, it'll show the remaining, not everything is done for battery, but unless you started in 6 months after the apo, every battery should be around 90-95% charge when you find them.

15 minutes ago, myhappines said:

Here it is, when im instaling wheels on this car, and start driving it, a few seconds later all wheels disapearing. Also engine, gas tank and glove box are 100% cond. but car starts hardly. Hope it will help you. https://youtu.be/46KYPzWeK9I

Your tire are in reallyyyy bad condition tho :D

I'll lower the threshold for them to explode

5 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

I've tried it 3 times, first one all tires was with 100% cond, and it happened too, then i tried with lower cond. tires (about 40-50%) and other time on the vid. Can try to find 100% tires, install it, film this and proove it :D

Edited by myhappines

43 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Okay, chek it out. 

I think the problem is in air capacity. When tires are in inventory, their air capacity is ok but when you install it on the vehicle, capacity becomes 0, no matter how much it was before. So, maybie thats why tires dissapears when i'm trying to drive. Are there any way to fill them with air?

They state that you can access the previous build (21), through the Steam beta tab, but I can't find them in the dropdown menu (see attached image). I can't see any beta branch named previousvehicle. How do I access the previous build?

VehiclesBetaZomboid.PNG

Edited by umagaar

New feedback and bugs @RobertJohnson

1. The station wagon (and a multitude of other vehicles) should not use trunk parts, like the pickup truck it should just be set, as it uses a hatch/tailgate and doesn't have a trunk compartment, literally just the rest of the vehicle past the seats. The same should go for all "hatch/door" style vehicles that don't actually use trunk compartments, including the Van and Delivery Truck.

Worth considering giving the station wagon substantially more trunk space than the regular sedan given that the point of a station wagon's extra body and mass is for that extra space.

2. Standard/Heavy Duty brakes should be interchangeable due to the fact that the main difference here is that one of them is stronger to handle higher weight and exerts higher braking power. By no means are these sport/performance brakes, they are meant to handle a higher vehicle weight. These rotors and calipers aren't really mutually exclusive in terms of installation. More powerful brakes, especially on heavier vehicles such as the station wagon, aren't uncommon.

3. Tried out a new vehicle. Fully charged battery, max quality engine.

Refused to start in 3 attempts, and also died within 10 seconds of driving. 

8BAE37CC790112C04BF90EA82A05272FC4C02B5B

2. Police car texture is bugged? 

D5623D9A25AD37B6624330B09A9A591D2C03652E

3. Mccoy Logging trucks still use the old textures (see window tint)

7EE98E46A870A75331A638400ADA97CDBDAC584E

4. I set car spawning to low, and every single parking spot is full.

5. Loot in cars doesn't work. I looked in every trunk I could access, as well as every glove box. Items do not spawn in cars.

6. Really weird bug installing brakes on the station wagon. It wouldn't accept my 100% condition found vintage-sport brakes, it would only accept the 87% brakes I removed from it.

2EF3355E35B633BC074887DD29E9253B75DA7AA9

7. "Engine Door" should be renamed "Hood"

Edited by Kim Jong Un

2 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

All their air capacity is 0 tho... ;)

So you dont agree that its bug? While tires are in inventory, their air capacity is almost filled. When im instaling them on this car, it becomes 0. You can see it on 2nd. vid. Corect me if i'm wrong

Build Vehicle 23:

[New]

• Engine can now stall depending on engine condition rather than engine quality.
  • Removing a seat provides a container capacity of 30 (20 on small car).
  • Every car now has a base trunk size: if you remove the trunk door then you'll still be able to put stuff in the trunk, but items will have a large chance of falling out during motion.
  • All car car now drop stuff from trunk if it's missing or in bad condition through collisions etc. How much drops will depend on your speed/steering
  • Step Vans are now also randomly colored.
  • Added rear headlights.
  • Added headlight texture for all cars.
  • Now shown in red if something is running low (eg. gas or air capacity in a tire)
  • Tire condition now has an impact on wheel friction.
  • Each type of tire have a base friction, affected by Mechanic skills & tire condition.
  • Mass is now taken into account in physics calculations.
  • Added an option to inflate or deflate a tire. Beware of inflating a tire too much.
  • Inflated tire will reduce wheel friction and brake force.

[Balance]

• Balanced spawns on common parking zones - they now also have a chance to spawn modern cars.
  • Reduced overall chances of having damaged parts on vehicle.
  • Increased base quality of item on common parking zones.
  • Chance of rust will now be based on the zone base vehicle quality (so farm or junkyard zone's vehicle will have more chance to get rust).
  • Improved damage overlay display performance.
  • Polishing Mechanic UI.
  • Increased ambulance base engine power.
  • Lowered the threshold for the tire to explode due to bad condition.
  • Removed tire with 0 air capacity exploding.

[Bug Fix]

• Added missing truck size on pickup.
  • Keys no longer required if you removed the trunk or for pickup.
  • Fixed all bags having 50 capacity.
  • Fixed some taxi having no texture (missing mask/lights).
  • Fixed missing Ambulance translation.
  • Fixed not being able to remove the double rear door on some vans.
  • Fixed having double car wavs downloaded.
  • Fixing some missing car item's texture.
  • Fixed vehicle container not spawning stuff correctly.
  • Fixed vehicle spawning everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Just started a new game and ran through Muldraugh

Something may have gone wrong with the spawn changes RJ, the only car that spawned (in driveways and parking lots) was the standard sedan and nothing else.

Damn me sorry, i need to remember those builds comes from my test version :D

Just updated, reboot steam to get it ;)

Can confirm that removing tires removes the air pressure from them.

Also, I think mechanical XP should be given for installing and removing parts (under the assumption that this will take a lot longer in implementation).

Taking apart a car and rebuilding it is a great way to learn how it works, on top of reading books.

Also, XP boost books for mechanical knowledge. There is a ton of great literature for learning about this kind of thing.